Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bye to Come at a Great Time (Finally)

dieselfan44

After several seasons of early bye weeks we should finally see the benefits of a late season off week. After we play Pittsburgh which will be a slober-knocker, we will get a very needed week of rest to get some starters ready for the final push of the season. Hopefully guys like Jason Taylor, Shawn Springs, Fred Smoot, and CP will get valuable rest during that week. It seems as though we will continue to ride of the shoulders of Portis throughout the season. Getting Betts back after the bye will be a big help. We all know who we have after the bye. Winning that one should really propel us through the rest of the regular season.

Here is the schedule after the bye

Cowpies (H)

Hawks (A)

Giants (H)

Ravens (A)

Bunguls (A)

Eagles (H)

49ers (A)

I was thinking the same thing the other day. We are going to need it really bad this year to make that final push. Here is hoping that we can get to the bye at 6-2....

Think your missing the Steelers game. We will have played nine games before the bye week.

Here's to hoping for a record of 7-2 at the bye.:cheers:

I didn't realize that our only home games after the bye week are divisional games. Of course, of three games that I would like to have at home, it would be those three. I just thought that there was another one or two at home. Of course, the Ravens game is practically a home game.

If we can somehow beat Pittsburgh at home before the bye, that will be our statement game up to this point in the season. They are a top AFC team and we are a top NFC team. It would be HUGE to get that W going into the bye with a 7-2 record.

7-2??? Who would've thunk it?

<~~~~ ME!!!!!! :silly:

For me, I always dislike our bye week. Not because of when we get it but because that means no game that week.

That all changes this year, I am finally looking forward to the bye week.

I think it couldnt come at a better time! An extra week to heal up for the players and an extra week for us fans to get hyped to welcome Dallass in to our house as only we can!

What irks me is that Dallas has their bye the same week as us.

St. Louis got two weeks to prepare for us, but we don't get any time preparation advantage over our opponent after our bye.

Our schedule was ruthless, but the team will overcome.

No biggie! They should have fully imploded by the time we see them again!

It's a divisional game, all the planning in the world won't help if they want it more. As we all know by now, these games are won by heart, determination, and execution....

I am hoping for at least 11-5 which is quite feasible. I really would like to see 12-4 or even 13-3!!! I just hope that the team stays healthy, continues to gel and improve. We need to be more dominate in the latter half of the season and close doors on our opponents, opposed to squeaking by on these wins (I know a win is a win, but I do not like us depending on a kicker to miss a field goal to get it). I am hoping that we can take the NCFE. That is our first step.

I agree with the notion that the bye week is finally coming at a good point for us in the season. The bye will help rest up those players with nagging injuries to be healthy for the stretch run. I personally think the best is yet to come with this team this season. I think we well have a successful second half just like the first half. Wouldn't it be nice if we can make the playoffs comfortably for once, instead of having to win out and hope for losses from other teams to make it.Go Skin, and here's to being Zorny :point2sky

I think he was just pointing out the schedule AFTER the bye.

Good thing is the easier opponents are away.

Huh, who would have thought that from what I read.

" Originally Posted by Allhailgibbs View Post

I was thinking the same thing the other day. We are going to need it really bad this year to make that final push. Here is hoping that we can get to the bye at 6-2...."

The bye comes at a perfect time, but it sucks that 3 of our last 4 games are on the road. Let's make sure Redskins Nation takes over Cincinnati and San Francisco -- tickets to both those games are EASY to get on stubhub at deep discounts! If we can all road trip to Ohio to watch Green and Monk inducted to the hall, we sure as hell can all road trip to Ohio for a late-season December game that will likely affect our playoff positioning. If you can go -- go! :)

Archived