Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JO Sports, Inc - Redskins Game Used Stuff

70Chip44

Hang on... lemme sniff...

Edit:

Yeah there is some underarm B.O., but it's not too bad. Er, good. :)

You have to really stick your nose in there.

There is an overall smell of dirt and grime though. But nothing that knocks you over when you open the bag. All of my unwashed gamers are from cold weather games, so far. I bet the stench is more powerful in the Sept games. :)

Good point. There should be tons of them - a whole season's worth! ...Even though they did re-wear them game after game.

I never saw those Osaka jerseys. They were never available at a tent sale. They may be locked in the owner's basement. Seriously - I've never seen one anywhere.

Mark in the stadium store window at the far end near the escalator, there is a full uniform from the osaka game on display. I have asked to buy it but they will never sell it.

Sweet Griffin jersey. You look on getty, they have couple shots of him in background from that game. One that shows stains on left numbers on shoulder.

griffin2.jpg

This one shows the custom placement NFL logo on neckline and some wear right below it.

griffin3.jpg

This shows what may be some nice wear on lower back #'s

griffin.jpg

This one has what looks like marks on right side spandex

griffin1.jpg

What does he mean by the "GUU Store section to get the best deals"? What is the "GUU Store section"? I went there but there is no store. There are periodic auctions, forums and databases that you have to pay money to get access to...but no store. Is the store something that pops up if you pay money to be a member?

Yeah, they just started doing auctions in the past year run from the site. JO Sports put a few Redskins, Bears and Vikings jersey in it. It is a regular message board focused on game used collecting from all sports. Very good information. I'm sure some of you know Mark Hayne, he sells a ton of Redskins jerseys and has a company called Gridiron Auctentics I believe. He is worth contacting and getting on his mailing list. He has a nice selection of Skins jerseys. He has a few 2002 70th and GSS patches from time to time. Some older common types from early 2000's and late 1990's type stuff. He also bought almost all the 2002 70th Ann. game used helmets from the Redskins. He posts quite a bit on that board, maybe even here. I'm just too new her to really know who is who. It is free to join the message board. I think for the auctions you have to register beforehand with all your contact info.

US Presswire has a great shot of Griffin. With a nice clear match on the stains and dirt around the left 96 shoulder #'s. They don't allow you to save them. Here is a link to it. Otherwise just search Redskins Cowboys 2006 and you will see it in those results. Not sure how to do the screenshot save yet.

http://uspresswire.com/image/2181201

Nice save xavmit.

Gameuseduniverse site doesn't have a store. Just auctions held every few months. You do have to register to bid as with any auction site. I'm looking forward to seeing if JO puts up a few Redskins jerseys again. I wouldn't expect to see them having another auction for a few months though. One just ended within the last month.

GUU has a "collector to collector classifieds" thread in the game used forum for members to sell items under $500.00.

Mark Hayne runs gridiron exchange and he is highly recommended. I have bought some jerseys from him in the past, everything he sells is 100% legit.

Email him for a current list of what he has: gixc@verizon.net

Yep that is the guy. Has some great Redskins stuff and is great to deal with. I bought my first Skins gamer from him. Wish I still had it.

I can't wait for JO to list some more Skins stuff. I talked them a couple days ago and I guess they are setting up and doing a big Sun Times card show in Chicago this weekend. I'm trying to decide on just what i want to purchase from them. Anyone here get a last years throwback jersey from the Giants game? Do you get seperate paperwork with the pants?

I'm not aware that Marcus wore a C patch.

Two on offense, Campbell and Samuels. Two on defense, Griffin and Fletcher. Two on special teams, Cartwright and Campbell (Khary). Note that neither Campbell uses a first initial this year.

3042740672_dfc867fbb3.jpg

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=256668

Nice find, have those 6 always been wearing the C all season? I don't know why I though Washington had it. I don't get to see every Skins game being stuck in Bengals/Colts territory.

Hang on... lemme sniff...

Edit:

Yeah there is some underarm B.O., but it's not too bad. Er, good. :)

You have to really stick your nose in there.

There is an overall smell of dirt and grime though. But nothing that knocks you over when you open the bag. All of my unwashed gamers are from cold weather games, so far. I bet the stench is more powerful in the Sept games. :)

Mark - Please don't tell me you do that to the game worn pants! :silly:

My Smoot had a very strong grass odor, it has a nice grass stain on the back shoulder, but I didn't think it could produce that kind of odor.

On a funny note, my wife was in the process of sniffing the underarms, and I said it was a cold game - not much sweat, and smooty is a pimp and more then likely had some high dollar cologne or deodorant on. After she took a quick whiff she confirmed that SMOOOOOOOOOOT smelled good! That's some funny ****

Mark in the stadium store window at the far end near the escalator, there is a full uniform from the osaka game on display. I have asked to buy it but they will never sell it.
Cool, I'll take a look on the 30th. Thanks :)
US Presswire has a great shot of Griffin. With a nice clear match on the stains and dirt around the left 96 shoulder #'s. They don't allow you to save them. Here is a link to it. Otherwise just search Redskins Cowboys 2006 and you will see it in those results. Not sure how to do the screenshot save yet.

http://uspresswire.com/image/2181201

Thanks, bro. I appreciate all those pics! :cheers:
GUU has a "collector to collector classifieds" thread in the game used forum for members to sell items under $500.00.

Mark Hayne runs gridiron exchange and he is highly recommended. I have bought some jerseys from him in the past, everything he sells is 100% legit.

Email him for a current list of what he has: gixc@verizon.net

Yeah, I'm on his email list, as you know. Haven't bought anything from him yet, though. I wish he had more older jerseys.
Mark - Please don't tell me you do that to the game worn pants! :silly:

My Smoot had a very strong grass odor, it has a nice grass stain on the back shoulder, but I didn't think it could produce that kind of odor.

On a funny note, my wife was in the process of sniffing the underarms, and I said it was a cold game - not much sweat, and smooty is a pimp and more then likely had some high dollar cologne or deodorant on. After she took a quick whiff she confirmed that SMOOOOOOOOOOT smelled good! That's some funny ****

:rotflmao: that's funny - I bet Fred would appreciate hearing about that! We should email him...
Cool, I wonder if teams can switch up Captains by games. Although a few teams don't use them at all.

Ned Flanders what games are you looking for on dvd? I got the throwback game recorded somewhere.

From what I read, in previous seasons the Redskins captains changed game to game. But this year they seem fixed.

Anybody want a #55 Taylor jersey from the Seahawks game this Sunday?

http://www.comcastsportsnet.tv/pages/jerseyofthegame3

There's also a Portis and Moss jersey, each ending tonight.

I wonder if these are washed or come sourced from JO Sports with their thermal patch with game date and LOA. Will be interesting to see what the hammer falls for on the Moss and CP. The Campbell from Steelers game they auctioned went for $3,250.

I don't know. Moss's jersey looks pretty clean, but there is a mark or stain or something in one of the numbers. Hard to tell.

If I had to guess, I'd guess they're unwashed. There looks like there might be a tint of green on Moss's right shoulder, on top. Also, see where the jock tag should be? You can see the Jo Sports sticker on the inside of jersey showing on the outside.

4245_1.jpg

I don't know. Moss's jersey looks pretty clean, but there is a mark or stain or something in one of the numbers. Hard to tell.

If I had to guess, I'd guess they're unwashed. There looks like there might be a tint of green on Moss's right shoulder, on top. Also, see where the jock tag should be? You can see the Jo Sports sticker on the inside of jersey showing on the outside.

4245_1.jpg

Are you sure JO adds the rectangular thermo sticker label? I know they add a circular holographic sticker to it but I bet the Redskins put on the label. The Redskins also provide a team certificate of authenticity.

Are you sure JO adds the rectangular thermo sticker label? I know they add a circular holographic sticker to it but I bet the Redskins put on the label. The Redskins also provide a team certificate of authenticity.
Funny, I was just thinking that this morning while pouring my coffee. I think you are right Xav. I bet the team puts that sticker on there.

I can't find those completed auctions on the Moss and Portis tonight. Anyone catch the hammer price on them?

I love google. Go to google and type this:

redskins moss site:ironcladauthentics.com

The Moss didn't sell because it didn't beat the reserve.

http://auction.ironcladauthentics.com/cgi-bin/auction/view?cmd=view&listingID=4245

Then go back to google and type this:

redskins portis site:ironcladauthentics.com

http://auction.ironcladauthentics.com/cgi-bin/auction/view?cmd=view&listingID=4246

Funny, I was just thinking that this morning while pouring my coffee. I think you are right Xav. I bet the team puts that sticker on there.

- The team DOES put it on! If anyone has the Sports Illustrated from a few weeks back that had a featured article on Portis, the first picture in the spread is a close up and you can see the tag through the jersey! You cant miss it!

Archived