Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JO Sports, Inc - Redskins Game Used Stuff

70Chip44

- The team DOES put it on! If anyone has the Sports Illustrated from a few weeks back that had a featured article on Portis, the first picture in the spread is a close up and you can see the tag through the jersey! You cant miss it!

Will have to check and look up that SI. Maybe the team tags all the marketed game worn jersey guys jersey prior to each game. Anyone know the Skins equipment guy. Did you guys see the guy that posted on Gameusedunivese site about scoring Colt Brennan gamer from the preseason form JO. I wonder how much game used product they don't even have posted on the site yet. Here is a link to the guys Colt. He has some pictures posted of it.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=20702

Quote:

The team DOES put it on! If anyone has the Sports Illustrated from a few weeks back that had a featured article on Portis, the first picture in the spread is a close up and you can see the tag through the jersey! You cant miss it!

Do you know which SI had the Portis article? Who was on the cover or the date?

Quote:

The team DOES put it on! If anyone has the Sports Illustrated from a few weeks back that had a featured article on Portis, the first picture in the spread is a close up and you can see the tag through the jersey! You cant miss it!

Do you know which SI had the Portis article? Who was on the cover or the date?

- It was the college basketball preview issue, and it had Portis on the cover, on the bottom right hand corner. It said, "Mr Portis Welcomes the Cowboys to Washington"

Maybe because it's three grand? lol

Man, I just can't see putting that kind of money into a jersey.

I guess it's a progressive thing. I mean, when I first started out, I justified the high cost by the ridiculous cost of retail authentics. I figured, if somebody is going to drop $300 on a piece of **** retail authentic made in El Salvador, why not spend $300 or close to it on a real true game jersey worn by a starting player, worn in a real NFL game, made in the USA, with dirt and grass and blood and sweat and snot stains on it? That makes sense to me.

But then, you know, slowly, I spend $350, $450, $525, and finally $700. Each time, I raise the bar, and justify it in my mind somehow. And in the meantime, I get some really cool jerseys.

But $3,000??? How do you justify that?

redskinsgamers, maybe you'd like to comment. I suspect you've been doing this awhile.

But that's a nice photo match you found, redskinsgamers. I'm very impressed. ;)

...and one other thing. How'd you get that blow up of Clinton's numbers?

Yeah, 3k is way to much for me as well. Most I spent was $500 on a gamer. I started like you. My first jersey was a Champ Bailey 70th Ann. authentic a couple years ago from ebay. When Klutchsports used to blowout all the traded/dated overstock player authentics. I never even knew you could buy a game worn jersey. I though it would cost thousands to get one. Bought my first gamer from Meigray and got hooked. It was a hockey jersey. Of all the sports, it is still the toughest to find NFL stuff. Some teams are next to impossible.

The blowup picture of the #'s on the Portis is just from all the close ups JO has from the jersey.

I'm pretty sure my first was my Lemar Marshall, #98. Adidas. 2001. $89.95. But I remember back then, 2004, the big hot item was Reebok gamers. Nobody has those. Nobody! They simply were not available. I believe they appeared the first time in Jan 2005 at the Redskins tent sale. Completely different design from the Adidas, which made them oh, so cool.

Edit: You still haven't told me how you got that closeup of #26

I'm pretty sure my first was my Lemar Marshall, #98. Adidas. 2001. $89.95. But I remember back then, 2004, the big hot item was Reebok gamers. Nobody has those. Nobody! They simply were not available. I believe they appeared the first time in Jan 2005 at the Redskins tent sale. Completely different design from the Adidas, which made them oh, so cool.

Edit: You still haven't told me how you got that closeup of #26

close up is in the photos of the jersey

http://josportsco.com/view_product.asp?ProductID=386

First of all I want to say WOW!! I think this thread took me an hour to read. Saying that, I felt obligated to join the site and share any information or knowledge to the community.

Little history of J.O. Sports, Inc. We first broke into the NFL team deals 3 years ago with the Vikings. Since we have added the Redskins and Bears and are in negotiations with an additional 5 teams and have finalized another 2 but are not contracted yet. As for me, my name is Jarrod Oldridge and have been in the game used collector-business for 8 years. I WAS a long time Cowboys fan since 1980. That is right, Cowboys. BUT since I have converted to chearing for the Skins becasue of the internal team, players and fans. It is becasue of you people that the Skins are alive today with a rich history!! Now lets address some issues. The tag you see inside the front tail is a "thermopatch" which the team does put on by their equipment staff to ensure authentication/identification. I have taken that idea and incorporated it in all of my teams products. The team has taken steps to change/upgrade their identifiers which I am not at liberty to discuss, but you may see it start of 2009 jerseys. Cost, as much as I would love to sell you Portis at $1000 we cannot so it for several reasons. 1) The deals we do with teams are six figure deals. 2)price integrity- If you want a $1000 Portis you can dind them in some of the major auctions thus they are not legitamite gamers! This is why we have chosen gameuseduniverse.com to sell our products outside of house. They are a collector to collector community which runs a quartly auction and are building a for sale section and other means of sale authentic merchandise. Any questions regarding their site join the community and ask questions. 3) Inventory- We DO get merchandise on demand. If you are looking for something in particular join our mailing list and ask us. Example- we had a collector ask for Colt Brennan game worn jersey and we produced the first one he wore. You see our product price list so please DO NOT ask for something that should price at $1500 and expect it at $400.

Finally, I am going to sign off here leaving you with these points of intrest. Our 2008 "GU" patch game worn jerseys are RARE. Only 3 of 32 teams in the NFL have kept the patch intact. The rest removed the patch to reuse the jerseys. I promise 5 years from now collectors will remember that first game of '08 and ask where are all the "GU" jerseys are and you will NEVER find them. Your Skins are one of the few teams that kept them intact!! Second, within the next 2 weeks we will be adding the 2008 inventory to our sales. Third, in the next couple days we will be adding tons of sideline merchandise.

Thank you to all and you better come see us when we fly out to D.C. to set up at one of the shows. Also see our autograph material. The framed pieces are an awsome display.

-Jarrod

J.O. Sports, Inc.

Great post, thank-you Jarrod. I just want to commend you on the COAs that you include with your jerseys. I usually don't really care about COAs, but yours are so detailed and unique, they prove without a shadow of a doubt the authenticity of that specific jersey worn in that specific game. The COA definitely adds value to the jersey, in my opinion. Nice job.

When you fly out to DC, let us know! And welcome to ES ;)(you're not still a Cowboys fan, are you?)

First of all I want to say WOW!! I think this thread took me an hour to read. Saying that, I felt obligated to join the site and share any information or knowledge to the community.

Little history of J.O. Sports, Inc. We first broke into the NFL team deals 3 years ago with the Vikings. Since we have added the Redskins and Bears and are in negotiations with an additional 5 teams and have finalized another 2 but are not contracted yet. As for me, my name is Jarrod Oldridge and have been in the game used collector-business for 8 years. I WAS a long time Cowboys fan since 1980. That is right, Cowboys. BUT since I have converted to chearing for the Skins becasue of the internal team, players and fans. It is becasue of you people that the Skins are alive today with a rich history!! Now lets address some issues. The tag you see inside the front tail is a "thermopatch" which the team does put on by their equipment staff to ensure authentication/identification. I have taken that idea and incorporated it in all of my teams products. The team has taken steps to change/upgrade their identifiers which I am not at liberty to discuss, but you may see it start of 2009 jerseys. Cost, as much as I would love to sell you Portis at $1000 we cannot so it for several reasons. 1) The deals we do with teams are six figure deals. 2)price integrity- If you want a $1000 Portis you can dind them in some of the major auctions thus they are not legitamite gamers! This is why we have chosen gameuseduniverse.com to sell our products outside of house. They are a collector to collector community which runs a quartly auction and are building a for sale section and other means of sale authentic merchandise. Any questions regarding their site join the community and ask questions. 3) Inventory- We DO get merchandise on demand. If you are looking for something in particular join our mailing list and ask us. Example- we had a collector ask for Colt Brennan game worn jersey and we produced the first one he wore. You see our product price list so please DO NOT ask for something that should price at $1500 and expect it at $400.

Finally, I am going to sign off here leaving you with these points of intrest. Our 2008 "GU" patch game worn jerseys are RARE. Only 3 of 32 teams in the NFL have kept the patch intact. The rest removed the patch to reuse the jerseys. I promise 5 years from now collectors will remember that first game of '08 and ask where are all the "GU" jerseys are and you will NEVER find them. Your Skins are one of the few teams that kept them intact!! Second, within the next 2 weeks we will be adding the 2008 inventory to our sales. Third, in the next couple days we will be adding tons of sideline merchandise.

Thank you to all and you better come see us when we fly out to D.C. to set up at one of the shows. Also see our autograph material. The framed pieces are an awsome display.

-Jarrod

J.O. Sports, Inc.

- Great post Jarrod!

- Never in my wildest dreams did i think that no one on here knew about JO Sports when I first posted your website...I thought I was the one that was last to notice....

- I'm looking fwd to the sideline apparell

Great info Jarrod. I put you guys right up with MeiGray as the best when it comes with dealing in game used items. With your own unique game dated tagging and serial # holograms is the only way to do it along with the both your letter and team letter. I would much rather spend more knowing i'm getting a legit jersey sourced right from the team rather than finding a deal on something that is questionable. Just look and see what people spend on game used jerseys from NFL.com auctions (where people know they are getting the real thing) and you will see the prices JO Sports has on some player's aren't all that high. I agree that the opening day GU patch jerseys are ultra rare. I check around a lot and have never seen any other's come to the market yet besides the one's on JO Sports site. You guys got a great year in getting all those 2007 Redskins jerseys with the patches on them. I know their are some hard core collector's in here but casual collector's might not know, but their is always a premium placed on patched jerseys. I look forward to seeing what new Skins stuff hits the site.

-Jarrod

J.O. Sports, Inc.

Thank you for posting in this thread. The Fred Smoot I purchased from you guys is completely awesome. I am in the process of purchasing a throwback and another jersey from you, and I cannot wait! Having that Redskins contract is money in the bank - without a doubt; and it could not have happened to better guys. :notworthy

JO Sports Company rocks!

Found another match on Ned Flanders Smoot from the Dallas game on Us presswire.

http://uspresswire.com/image/2474376

also this may be where he got the red on the bottom of the jersey.

http://uspresswire.com/image/2474346

Dude, that is awesome! I am going to have to get 5x7 or 8x10's and have them signed by smootie to go along with the jersey.

That would be cool to get Smoot to sign photo. Half the fun in getting a gamer is looking for possible matches. Sometimes you get lucky and find a few. Still need to find MarktheHomer a good match on his stuff. Might have to try and source a dvd of the game and go to the video match still if possible. I'm not in the DC area. Do the Redskins have a weekly publication that features photos from the previous weeks games.

Yes. There's an ES staff member named themurf who takes and has tons of pics. But I'm not sure if the pics he takes from previous years are still available online.

Also, redskins.com has pics too.

Appreciate your efforts redskinsgamers. That Smoot I have has such a distinct grass stain on the shoulder, there has to be a pic of it somewhere.

Archived