Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JO Sports, Inc - Redskins Game Used Stuff

70Chip44

Four of us have bought Smoot jerseys from '07. I haven't photo matched any of mine yet. I've tried though. It's frustrating - it's hard to find good sharp pics of a particular player in a particular game.

yeah, it's not easy with some jerseys and some can't be photomatched, You have to get lucky and hope a shot gets posted somewhere and at a point in the game the mark was there. That is why video is also key. I can't remember who has what jersey in this thread. Do you have Smoot with big grass stain on the shoulder? I'd look into finding someone who recorded that game and get the video of it. Then do lots of still pauses.

yeah, it's not easy with some jerseys and some can't be photomatched, You have to get lucky and hope a shot gets posted somewhere and at a point in the game the mark was there. That is why video is also key. I can't remember who has what jersey in this thread. Do you have Smoot with big grass stain on the shoulder? I'd look into finding someone who recorded that game and get the video of it. Then do lots of still pauses.
Yep. That's me. I'll do that eventually.

I"m kind of worried about the market being flooded with all these one-time-worn jerseys. If I choose to sell one some day, it'll be hard to get value for it. I guess the good thing is, they'll also come down in price everywhere else.

The other thing is, they're not really torn up. They're dirty, that's fine. But not torn up too much. I've got other older jerseys that are plenty torn up, but these are all like new with grass and paint stains. The fact that the recent jerseys are barely worn kind of makes the older much-worn jerseys more collectable, IMO.

Yep. That's me. I'll do that eventually.

I"m kind of worried about the market being flooded with all these one-time-worn jerseys. If I choose to sell one some day, it'll be hard to get value for it. I guess the good thing is, they'll also come down in price everywhere else.

The other thing is, they're not really torn up. They're dirty, that's fine. But not torn up too much. I've got other older jerseys that are plenty torn up, but these are all like new with grass and paint stains. The fact that the recent jerseys are barely worn kind of makes the older much-worn jerseys more collectable, IMO.

- I dont know if the one time game used jerseys will lose value, because they cam from a SPECIFIC game! You cant change that fact, especially if you can photo match it.

- I dont know if the one time game used jerseys will lose value, because they cam from a SPECIFIC game! You cant change that fact, especially if you can photo match it.
True. But there's a finite number of nuts like us who are willing to drop this kind of money on a jersey. Think of all the starters of all the Redskins games for the next five years, and all those jerseys hitting the market. That's 40 Campbell jerseys, 40 Portis jerseys, 40 Smoot jerseys, etc. That's a lot of jerseys. The market has to eventually become saturated and the prices have to come down.

I agree somewhat with the market getting oversaturated, but with JO Sports having a direct deal with the Redskins you know what your getting. With COA from both JO and the Redskins and knowing the exact game it was used in is really nice. I'd much rather overpay knowing i'm getting the real deal holyfield than taking a chance buying something that might not be legit. If you follow auctions on NFL.com you will some some insane prices for game used jerseys that makes JO Sports look cheap. Ironclad authentics is also getting some Redskins jerseys in from this season and auctioning them. Some of the money does go to charity though. They have Campbell jersey from Steelers Monday Night game and it's already bid up over 3k. Also a Moss from a different game. JO Sports I think has Campbells for 2k. You just have to look at these as rare one of kind pieces. I think the deal is that only certain player's wear a new jersey everygame. I think it's the names you see that Jo Sports has listed. Like around 15 guys the Redskins use to market gamers from for every game. Not every player is wearing a new jersey every game. I think there will always be a added value on last years jerseys with the patches.

No, your link is dead.

What would be nice is to have a game worn jersey in a proper museum-quality mount, with an accompanying sharp, framed, game photo with the identical game-used marks on it. They were selling some very nice sharp photos in the LL last night on the home side, by PS Gamegear. Didn't buy any though.

examples:

http://www.psgamegear.com/default.htm

Another thing to do is research and see if the jersey may be a from a milestone game from the player. Like their 100th game or a milestone td or something like that. Or a game where they scored, had huge stats or something like that. Will be interesting what added value they put on the captains patch jerseys from this season. Those look cool. I really haven't seen any jerseys from any team with Gene Upshaw patch from opening day games on the market other than these Skins on JO site. Every team wore that patch and it was used in only that opening day game. So those jerseys are really unique. I bet many teams just took them off and reused the jerseys. They even have Devin Thomas jersey from this game. If he does turn into a big time player someday, his rookie first ever regular season game used jersey would be nice to own. Kinda surprised he didn't keep that one for himself. But many player's probaly don't care about this stuff untill they retire and think back and say hay I wouldn't mind owning my first jersey ever from official NFL regular season game.

I agree re the patches. I have a number of jerseys with the GSS patch. Re the captains patches, do you know why the left most star is yellow, and the other three are white? I've heard theories but no confirmation.

BTW, since you're into jerseys, you might take a look at this thread: http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=247947

It's supposed to be that each year a guy is captain on it gets a colored star. Is what I think they will stand for.

I have a customer that has a room full of Washington Redskin items for sale. They are all at least 8-10 years old. She has been collecting for the past 30 years and now she wants to get rid of it all. I will be posting approx. 12 of them every week on ebay. My web store is www.ebay.com/sellingonlineservice, please check it out. I have items like a helmet chair, banners, Art Monk items, trains, bobble head, trading cards, trays, tables, mugs, banners, pin collection, xmas ornaments, etc. She has a little of everything so if there is something you are looking for please contact me at sellingonlineservice@mchsi.com and I can see if she has it and what she is looking to get for it. She wants to get rid of it all and is willing to take reasonable offers.

I have a customer that has a room full of Washington Redskin items for sale. They are all at least 8-10 years old. She has been collecting for the past 30 years and now she wants to get rid of it all. I will be posting approx. 12 of them every week on ebay. My web store is www.ebay.com/sellingonlineservice, please check it out. I have items like a helmet chair, banners, Art Monk items, trains, bobble head, trading cards, trays, tables, mugs, banners, pin collection, xmas ornaments, etc. She has a little of everything so if there is something you are looking for please contact me at sellingonlineservice@mchsi.com and I can see if she has it and what she is looking to get for it. She wants to get rid of it all and is willing to take reasonable offers.
Your link is dead. You might start a thread on this rather than post in here.

Did you guys see JO added some new stuff today 8x10 Autographed Game Threads, with a Jersey & Football in it. Nice holiday gift?? I will tell my wife;) I talked to them today, he said they had a personal signing with Brennan, Portis, Moss, Landry, & Fletcher. what a geat site..

Also I do not think the Game Worn Jerseys will flood the market at all. :gaintsuck

Some sweet info on that jersey breakdown thread Markthehomer. I really like those GSS patched jerseys. Those patches were never made for retail either.

It is interesting on the neck collar customizations Samuels and Griffin have done.

The Griffin throwback up on JO has it on it. Very cool looking.

Well I can see the Smoot Dallas Jersey game shot now whwn I signed on, maybe I'm the only one seeing it.

I hear ya. I got my eye on a couple jerseys as well. I hope they have some kind Holiday sale. I'm only giving up photomatches on jerseys I know I won't be buying. I hope they start getting in some of the burgandy jerseys from this season. I agree, nothing like busting open a smelly game used unwashed jersey. Just have to air them out for awhile. I like that the teams JO sports works with keeps them unwashed for the most part. It's too bad the throwbacks got washed. I'd still like to get one at some point just for how rare they are. Most of the Vikings jerseys they have are also washed.

Redskindgamer NICE JOB on Photo matching!!! Very good research on finding out these guys are legit. They have great stuff I love what they do!!

It is a nice option for fans into gamers that Redskins jerseys are avaliable. They may be spendy, but they are one of a kind items with history. Some teams are next to impossible to find any game used jerseys from and the one's you do see in most cases are questionable ie Patriots. Steiner Sports carries the Cowboys gamers now and Meigray has gotten in sets of Eagles jerseys, including those wicked looking blue and yellow things they wore against Detroit last year. NFL.com auctions gets some in from time to time, usualy unwashed from various teams.

Archived