Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis has set his own record......

skinsfan07

I dunno about you, but I get the feeling that he's slowly building up and will break one soon. I was one of the ones that thought he lost that shiftiness and burst of speed that he displayed earlier in his carreer but in the past couple of weeks he's gotten progressively better.

i agree, maybe that offseason training is keeping him strong and quicker longer into the game.

his burst is way way way better and his burst seems to improve as the game goes on and into the next game

What is the Record for consecutive games over 120 yards rushing ?

Right now he has four. :thud: <--- I can't believe it.

Not sure what the record is but I heard somewhere that only Portis, Jim Brown, and OJ Simpson have this many consecutive games. That's nice company to be included in! :applause:

I think that this offense allows Portis to ride his blocker through the line then break away like he did in Denver. The problem is that since he has been here, he has put on a lot of weight and changed his running philosophy. Instead of putting a juke on a safety or corner, he runs through them.

I'm not sold that he is the Best back in the NFL, However, he certainly is performing at a top 2 or 3 Level this year. And before anyone comes after me for that comment realize, that great backs have to build their career over the years. CP has done well the last year and a half though so it certainly is looking good for him maybe ending his career as a top carrier.
Thats cool, but who is top right RB right now?

No one is playing better than him. he IS the best RB in the NFL BY FAR this year.

Another interesting fact.......

Today Portis had 15 carries for 75 yards in the first half averaging 5 ypc......

In the second half he had 12 carries for 100 yards averaging 8.3 ypc and 1 TD.

He clearly is a back that gets better as the game goes on. That's refreshing to see.

All the best backs are. They get a feel for the game, how the D is attacking, then wear them down. CP is definitely in that category. Dude is STRONG in the 2nd half.

who cares? Honestly!

Ten 20+ yard runs are way better than One 40+ yard run IMO.

Let him keep getting these 20-30 yard gains. They are changing the game and IMO are better.

Go CP!

Along with that:

Two backs, both carry the ball 20 time for 100 yards.

Back One longest run is 20 yards, so his other 19 get him the other 80

Back Two busts a 40 yarder, so his other 19 get him only 60

who is most likely the better contributor?

Another interesting fact.......

Today Portis had 15 carries for 75 yards in the first half averaging 5 ypc......

In the second half he had 12 carries for 100 yards averaging 8.3 ypc and 1 TD.

He clearly is a back that gets better as the game goes on. That's refreshing to see.

How many negative yard carries does CP have this year? Not many I would think.

I had a premonition before the game that he would get 200. I don't know why, but I just thought this would be the game. He would have had Sellers not had the penalty. What I like about him this year is, he's very patient. And like Solomon Wilcots said, he isn't taking alot of punishment. He's also doing this on less than 30 carries a game. He's on pace for 1872 yards rushing.

Archived