Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why not let Alexander return punts?

dinothekid

Who would you vote for in the 2008 presidential election?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for in the 2008 presidential election?

• Candidate X (who wants to slash the fed gov't in half)
    • McCain (more of the same)
    • Obama (more of the same, plus some)
    • Other (for you crazy Bob Barr/Chuck Baldwin/Ralph Nader/Cythina McKinney people

Because he's not a return man? There's actually a pretty tough skill set involved with punt returning that the average folks don't realize. Vision, speed, hands, patience, agility, awareness and an ability to be flexible. Sure, there are designed directions for a return to go, but there is no designed hole, unlike a rushing attempt where the place you're running the ball is predetermined. You have to set up blocks, get behind them and help create your own holes to run through.

false? He has great speed off the line and that is most important in returning punts.

yes, false. you're talking about shaun alexander right? the guy is not very fast, not very elusive, and runs like a turtle.

you can't just put the average player back at punt returns, it takes some skill

false? He has great speed off the line and that is most important in returning punts.

Not necessarily true. Have you watched Hester return punts? He often takes it slow and waits for something to develop and then starts to run. He just gets to top speed very quickly. My point is, it's better to have vision than to have speed from the start.

Not necessarily true. Have you watched Hester return punts? He often takes it slow and waits for something to develop and then starts to run. He just gets to top speed very quickly. My point is, it's better to have vision than to have speed from the start.

As I pointed out above, there are several skills that are necessary for a return man to be good. And all of them are necessary to make a return man. Hester has every single one that I listed. Not just vision and not just speed.

i agree with the OP

I think Landry could QB the team and London Flethcher seems pretty fast to the ball I can see him at RB

and doesnt portis wear shin guards? that means he knows about soccer

put him in at punter

Horton has pretty good hands too maybe we can put him in at the slot

I like where this is going

good call OP

i agree with the OP

I think Landry could QB the team and London Flethcher seems pretty fast to the ball I can see him at RB

and doesnt portis wear shin guards? that means he knows about soccer

put him in at punter

Horton has pretty good hands too maybe we can put him in at the slot

I like where this is going

good call OP

:rotflmao: :notworthy:applause:

Archived