Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TO's slow decline is going to be fun to watch.

Westbrook36

TO is officially on the downside of his career. What we have seen this year is a maturation of NFL defenses on how exactly to use his lack of explosiveness to take him out of ballgames.

Don't get me wrong, he is still a hell of a receiver and probably one of the top 10 WRs in football. However, play him physical, don't let him get off the line, and he will shrivel up.

TO, more than any other player in football, calls in games when things aren't going his way. I don't know what it is but he simply doesn't appear to be a dominant player when running routes any more. He is definitely not the 04 TO that played for the Eagles.

Where does this take us? To this very moment where TO is going to get more and more questions each week about his lack of production, questions about his age, questions about why he isn't getting the ball and making plays.

We have already seen how TO reacts in this type of scenario. I can't wait to watch this play out.

FAIL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm curious. Which part of that post do you feel is incorrect?

I don't believe that simply playing him physically can take him out of games, let alone a season or a career. There are simply too many ways to move him around and get him off the line cleanly. It's not as simple as some people try to make it out to be to stop TO.

Don't forget that he played with Brad Johnson for a few games, which can't help a darn thing.

But mainly, the timing of the post is problem. It's just funny that he posted it after a couple down games for Owens. I stick by the FAIL! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

And last season wouldn't suggest any kind of decline at all. 15 TDs and over 1300 yards? Does it get much better?

I called this October 14th. I wonder if any Puke fan would like to post TO's stats since that date?

I love the sheer hate and anger showed towards me by Puke fans for the first few pages for simply posting what was evident to anyone with a set of eyes.

Does any Cowboy fan wish to counter at this time?

Ahhhh.. ignorant fans running off at the mouth too early! Priceless..

Physician heal thyself!

...considering that was his only one (1) in 15 games...you're the one that might be celebrating a wee bit prematurely. If he does that against the Steelers, Ravens or Giants in December, I will agree with you. Until then, he's soon-to-be 35 year old WR with his best days behind him.

Physician heal thyself!

...considering that was his only one (1) in 15 games...you're the one that might be celebrating a wee bit prematurely. If he does that against the Steelers, Ravens or Giants in December, I will agree with you. Until then, he's soon-to-be 35 year old WR with his best days behind him.

15 TDs and 1300 yards on the season last year would certainly suggest he is on the downside of his career. Oh well, it had to come sometime. :doh:

15 TDs and 1300 yards on the season last year would certainly suggest he is on the downside of his career. Oh well, it had to come sometime. :doh:

What is it with Cowboy fans and the past? LAST SEASON are the key words there...14 games w.o a 100 yard day is a long time. And he's on pace for the lowest reception total in how long? Since his early-SF days? In a pass-first offense?

He still hasn't proven he can beat press coverage THIS YEAR!

What is it with Cowboy fans and the past? LAST SEASON are the key words there...14 games w.o a 100 yard day is a long time. And he's on pace for the lowest reception total in how long? Since his early-SF days? In a pass-first offense?

He still hasn't proven he can beat press coverage THIS YEAR!

Of course you have to ignore the fact that he played a month without an NFL quarterback. Brad Johnson simply doesn't count as an NFL quarterback. You could give him Jerry Rice, TO, and Randy Moss all in their primes and he still couldn't get them the ball.

He is currently on track for 1044 yards and 10 TDs on the season. That is not a bad season at all considering he played without a QB for a month. But hey, I'd hate to see a player like him on the Skins. I don't blame you for being bitter.

Of course you have to ignore the fact that he played a month without an NFL quarterback. Brad Johnson simply doesn't count as an NFL quarterback. You could give him Jerry Rice, TO, and Randy Moss all in their primes and he still couldn't get them the ball.

He is currently on track for 1044 yards and 10 TDs on the season. That is not a bad season at all considering he played without a QB for a month. But hey, I'd hate to see a player like him on the Skins. I don't blame you for being bitter.

Romo sits to pee missed 3 games. Of the other 8 games Romo sits to pee played I believe he had only 3 good games of the 8. I'm not one saying he's lost a step, I just think coming back here after 213 yards in 1 game is kind of ignorant. Where were the Dallass fans the week before after the Washington game when he had, what 71 yards?

Also, if Clements doesn't try to punch the ball out, TO is tackled at the 17 and who knows what would have happened on the next play. I don't understand why players do that. If you are the "first" tackler, you wrap him up and make the tackle. If you are the "second or more" tackler, you try to strip/punc/pull the ball out. Clements made a grave error. He already got beat, then made it worse by not making the tackle.

Yeah you can go ahead and laugh at the 49ers defensive coordinator thinking they could cover Owens one-on-one the entire game.

There is only a few cornerbacks in the league that can do it, and for starters they need to be big and physical.

I am sure Owens was happy when he saw the 49ers CBs keep getting left on islands.

Yeah you can go ahead and laugh at the 49ers defensive coordinator thinking they could cover Owens one-on-one the entire game.

There is only a few cornerbacks in the league that can do it, and for starters they need to be big and physical.

I am sure Owens was happy when he saw the 49ers CBs keep getting left on islands.

on his two big catches he pushed Clemens around like a rag doll... with no safety help

With Romo sits to pee before he went down:

23 rec 313 yards. That's 61 rec 834 yrds over a full season. Please. Stop posting. Even when Romo sits to pee came back, he didn't exactly light things up.

SF is terrible. They had a terrible game plan against him. He has NOT proven he can beat press coverage.

Please stop posting. There are decent Cowboys fans on here that would appreciate their names not being tarnished.

I can't stand TO, but ever since his days with the Niners, he is certainly a game changing player. Even today, Defenses (not including SF) game plan for him by placing the safety over the top on TO's side of the field. He is definitely a first ballot HoF'er. And he's getting it done at the age of 35!! Hell, if he played baseball.....you'd even think....he was on.....something. Uh, come to think of it, didn't he get fined for missing a drug test last year or the year before? Kinda makes you go....Hmmmmmm.

With Romo sits to pee before he went down:

23 rec 313 yards. That's 61 rec 834 yrds over a full season. Please. Stop posting. Even when Romo sits to pee came back, he didn't exactly light things up.

SF is terrible. They had a terrible game plan against him. He has NOT proven he can beat press coverage.

Please stop posting. There are decent Cowboys fans on here that would appreciate their names not being tarnished.

and TO pushed off so much that even the television commentators were making comments about it. He has done that his entire career but last Sunday was blatant.

Uh oh... his first game over 40 yards receiving in 5 games. Look out hall of fame! This guy is just too dominant to shut down in a game. It takes a true beast to get a lot of yards against the 29th ranked pass defense because those defenders are just too cool for school.

Back to screaming "Super Bowl" after winning two games against two not so good teams? After they beat Seattle next week they're going to think they are indestructible again.

Oh, and people double cover T.O. because if you frustrate him, he takes the team to the ground with him while he whines on the side line.

Typical ballless puke fan waits till after the first breakout game in a year to come back and gloat.

Ohh yeah buddy.. don't you have another NFCE teams *&! sack to leach on to? You are shameless and spineless. When else should I have come back to gloat? Not my fault that you set yourself up genius. It was only a matter of time. I'm gonna guess that this gem of a thread will be bumped again. :D

Archived