Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The irony of Iraqi construction.

RiggoDrill

Clinton proposed a version as well.

Look at Canada for all the proof you need about socialized medicine. Sure you can get a free catscan to check your noggin, but the wait is about 4 months. By the time you get in, the tumor may kill you.

i was talking with a dealer the other day who came from the UK... i inquired about national health care and he said it is both good and bad. good if you can't afford to pay for things yourself, bad if you are in dire need of something. the system works, but slowly. those that can afford to still use private health care.

Is the fact that the Canadian system is flawed proof that we can't create a workable system?

I sit on the board of a small Alcohol & Drug Treatment Facility. T'ain't much, but we're very proud of its quality of service. That quality comes largely from the counselors, almost all of whom are long term employees - they really know their stuff.

We don't pay much but we have offered full health insurance benefits. The problem is, of course, that it's wiping out the budget. We're going to have to cut the benefits - we're looking at co-pays and deductibles.

I wish we didn't have to do this and I wish I had an answer. But I'll bet that health care is a major issue in the coming election.

Not alone it's not. But add in the same situation in England. In Japan and other countries with socialized medicine and it does present some proof.

Our country is too large and too diverse to have a nationalized healthcare system.

The other important question is why would a doctor go through all of the rigors of schooling and interning to make 60 grand a year? That's what the public physicians make in Canada on average.

Archived