Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What would our offense look like with Reggie Bush-type player?

Touchdown Redskins

I'm not sure - I'm thinking we'd be better off with a Reggie Bush type player. Though, I'd hate to take away carries from CP at the same time. I think I'd be more in-the-boat for a player with a Felix Jones [scat back] running style.. It couldn't hurt to have CP and a Felix Jones type in the backfield on the same time, two significant threats..

Hell, I bet CP would even block for him and enjoy doing it.

Guest Roger_Haggins

**** Bush.... he's nothing but speed... he isn't gonna last long in this league. i hate him and i get tired of people talkin about him like he is the next Barry Sanders. he is a ****in running back and only amassed about 1400 yards in 2 1/2 yrs

Guest Roger_Haggins
if we traded betts for bush you would be doing flips and talking about how great we are and what a steal we got. So to act like you wouldnt want bush you need to stop.

if we traded Betts for Bush, imo it would be an even deal

Do you think Charley Casserly recognized this and that's why he turned him down? If so, good call.

Charley Casserly saw a huge defensive end who could play every down, even obvious pass-rushing downs, because of his speed and agility. The most physically gifted defensive end prospect EVER. And then he saw a special teams player who could sometimes be a below-average scatback. I don't think the choice is very hard when you put it that way. If I were a GM I would have chosen mario over bush regardless of what team I was a part of.

Heck, I wonder what our team would be like with a mario williams type player.

We'd not be able to run the ball. We'd have no depth b/c we'd be top heavy with regard to the salary cap. He'd light the crowd up, and we'd still lose b/c of depth issues. The answer to your question OP lies within the Saints. Every issue they have comes from the fact that they pay 5 or 6 guys so much money that they can't afford quality depth. They're the Redskins of the 90's and 2000's save 2005 and on IMO. You have to pay for high draft picks as well as big named FA's. Maybe I'm off here, but that's what it seems like to me.

Essentially, we'd be paying for a phenomenal Teams player and a guy who can run reverses and gadget plays. Boo! I'm glad we haven't drafted a guy like Reggie Bush. One, trick, pony anyone? :2cents:

HTTR

if we traded Betts for Bush, imo it would be an even deal

I think it would heavily favor us. I don't see what Betts does for us other than relieve Portis. He brings nothing else to the table. Reggie Bush (or a similar player) brings the ability to score a touchdown everytime he touches the ball.

I like him to return punts but I'll take CP any day of the week. THE BEST ALL AROUND BACK (not being a Hommer.... well maybe a little) Plus if he played for us, Kim Kardashian. I know she's annoying, but I don't wan to talk to her.

I really don't think you'd have to worry about that.

Also, you should read the entire thread before posting. I never said he should replace CP. He would have the same role he does in New Orleans.

We'd not be able to run the ball. We'd have no depth b/c we'd be top heavy with regard to the salary cap. He'd light the crowd up, and we'd still lose b/c of depth issues.

The only reason he's "tying up their salary cap" as you say, is because he's a 2nd overall draft pick. If we had picked in that position, we'd have to pay the same amount, so it's not really as if we would have an option to pay him.

Also, the Redskins are in a worse salary cap position than the Saints. Brees and Bush are making a ton of money, yes. But, Colston was a 7th round pick still playing on his rookie contract, while they don't really pay anyone else that much money. Their issues lie in their inability to scout defensive players.

Wow, you guys are extremely narrow minded.

Wow.

Because you take things that Reggie Bush does - and you're applying it to the scenario that "if" we had a player like this. When we're talking about nothing more than a back with a running style similar to Reggie Bush - not his ball security problems, not his problems running in between the tackles..

I personally think having a Reggie-style runner and CP in the backfield on the same play.. Faking the hand-off up the middle to CP and then pitch it to our more elusive speedy back to the outside.. Just mixing CP up with another more elusive back would be a great thing to supplement this team.

By no means am I saying we need it. But by all means it'd make this team even more difficult to defend.

Two scatbacks I like are cj spiller and noel devine. Spiller probably has bush-like speed (4.39 40) and has similar size, but he doesn't dance around as much. Devine has the best balance and lateral movement I've ever seen, but he's only 175 pounds. If he can bulk up to 190 he might be something special.

Two scatbacks I like are cj spiller and noel devine. Spiller probably has bush-like speed (4.39 40) and has similar size, but he doesn't dance around as much. Devine has the best balance and lateral movement I've ever seen, but he's only 175 pounds. If he can bulk up to 190 he might be something special.

Noel Devine is my favorite collegiate player. If he came to the Skins.. Oh.. my.. I'd be happy as hell, haha.

4.2 speed - Barry Sanders-like elusiveness. He is too damn good.

wow i was thinking the same exact thing when i was watching the NO game. No disrespect to ARE, but as a PR he has lost his touch. As a punt returner, i would like a "reggie bush type player," and one who could be that scatback complementing portis. Betts while he is good, could be a trade possibility, maybe for a draft pick, but i am not completely for that.

CJ spiller is FAST AS LIGHTING, I dont think he does a lot on PR, but we could fix that check out his youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL-NgXehg0k&feature=related

Most of these are long TD runs or returns...the last one is just highlights. He looks like he has PR ability, making people miss then accelerating up field for the TD. I really wouldnt mind him as a complement to Portis.

Speaking of the draft...please use my thread made for the 2009 draft preview....OFFICIAL 2009 DRAFT PREVIEW thread

Archived