Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Around the Horn

WeThreeKingsRuleU

Anyone watching this? The very first segement's topic was which team is more impressive so far, Giants or Redskins?

Mariucci and Blackistone were doing a good job of representing (KB is definitely a homer) But that guy Plaschke and Woody Paige are still sticking up for the Giants. Now I didnt start this thread to talk about the media hate because that is no surprise, and we certainly don't need another thread devoted to it, but I feel that even though Kevin Blackistone's arguements were great, he still left alot off the table, here are my talking points, feel free to ad your own:

*Two in a row road wins within the NFC East

*Beat 5 out of the top 6 offenses in the NFL

*NO OFFENSIVE TURNOVERS (knock on wood, we need a smilie for that..)

*Snapped the Cardinals NFL record for most consecutive 20+ point games

*Jim Zorn 4-1, first season as head coach

*O-line production has been near the top of the NFL, contributing to our top 5 rushing offense

The only points they made in favor of the Giants was that they were undefeated, beat the Skins (in week 1, an extension of the preseason in my opinion) at home, during the superbowl trophy ceramony, they were taken to OT by the Bengals, only team they have played with a winning record was the Skins...not very impressive to me...

P.S. searched and didn't see a thread on this, but if one was created while I was typing all this out...I apologise and merge immediately :cheers:

:point2sky:dallasuck:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:point2sky

I also wanted to point out that everyone siding with the Giants are saying that the Giants kicked our ***es, and I have to disagree and add a point to my ow talkig points, held the SuperBowl champs scoreless for three quarters, I may be a Skins fan, but I don't think it was necessarily a beating...I dunno, prove me wrong...

I usually just watch those shows so I can be reminded that we are still hated on and the media will never change. I guess playing soft teams 3 of your 4 wins means more then going on the road to win 2 divisional games. and not just any div games, but the most nasty of places you could go. No turnovers (not a fluke after 5 weeks), running the ball effectively and WRs who are doing as much with their blocking as they are with their receiving abilities.

yeah, we arent even close to being the best..

youre right but doesnt quality of teams you play matter at all?

lams, bungles and sea chickens dont count as soft games?

Undefeated & Beat Us = Doesn't even matter who you played, they are ahead of us based on those 3 words with an "and" symbol alone. But we all realize they have played crap after they played us. I don't think we can penalize them for something out of their hands (schedule), they have won all their games.

Thats not the point! Whose season has been more impressive so far? I think our Wins have been more impressive than the Giants...am I wrong?

No you are not wrong but they beat us and haven't lost. I mean to try and say we should be higher just bc our wins since our loss to them are more impressive than their wins is straightup homerism.

they beat us, we lost. Granted I feel that we are better now than we were in week one, but to argue that we are better than the Giant's right now is a tough battle. Also, OP, don't hate on the Bengals. They're coming up on our schedule and I wouldn't take them lightly.

I also wanted to point out that everyone siding with the Giants are saying that the Giants kicked our ***es, and I have to disagree and add a point to my ow talkig points, held the SuperBowl champs scoreless for three quarters, I may be a Skins fan, but I don't think it was necessarily a beating...I dunno, prove me wrong...

Umm...

We only held the Giants scoreless for two quarters.

The Giants held the Redskins scoreless for three quarters.

Also, I seem to remember way too many discussions about how the Seahawks are nothing due to their soft schedule in 2005 and 2007. We still lost both games.

No you are not wrong but they beat us and haven't lost. I mean to try and say we should be higher just bc our wins since our loss to them are more impressive than their wins is straightup homerism.

He's NOT trying to say we should be "higher"...he's trying to say our 4-1 records should be more impressive. Nobody except you mentioned ranking.

This is not going to be settled until Nov or Dec unfortunately.

We have a soft "middle" of our schedule. The Giants have a soft beginning to their schedule.

But then the Giants have 5 division games still ahead of them. 3 of them on the road. So we won't know anything about them until they start playing those games.

The fact that they are 4-0 now just means they don't suck. It doesn't mean they are championship caliber. We won't know that until they start playing other good teams.

But as far as which is more impressive right now, I would have to say the Redskins. Anytime you go on the road and win two division games as underdogs (even prohibitive underdog in the case of @Dallas), then by definition that is extremely impressive.

The Giants haven't done anything as impressive as that yet. We'll see if they do.

No one said anything about us being ranked higher, Im with those that don't necessarily care how high the media ranks us, I just think our performance up to this point has been more impressive, and to say otherwise is homerism

Ok, I see what you mean. In that case (deciding who is more "impressive") we can definitely be considered. I can't say the Giants haven't impressed me though. I can't wait to play them again. Get revenge not only for week 1 but for our disappointing play at home against them last year basically ruining any hope of having a year-to-year retro throwback uni.

No one said anything about us being ranked higher, Im with those that don't necessarily care how high the media ranks us, I just think our performance up to this point has been more impressive, and to say otherwise is homerism

Winning back-to-back road games against division rivals Dallas and Eagles, with a rookie head coach who's never called a play in his NFL career, and with a QB who's learing his seventh offensive scheme in the last 8 years, and not turning the ball over on offense, abso-stinkin-lutely trumps anything the Giants have done in terms of being "impressive" :applause:...I was reading an article in the Los Angeles Times sports section, and they said about the Skins "It's hard to overstate the difficulty of beating the Cowboys and the Eagles on the road in successive weeks". That **** is seriously impressive.

Straight up homerism? I guess. The only team they beat was us. 1st game of the season and in their house. Even then we lost by what? 9?

Props to their defense but we might have looked worse than they made us play. Lets see what happens now that we can move the ball.

We beat 2 division rivals away. They went 3-0 against teams with a combined record of 2-10

Forgive me if Im unimpressed

Straight up homerism? I guess. The only team they beat was us. 1st game of the season and in their house. Even then we lost by what? 9?

Props to their defense but we might have looked worse than they made us play. Lets see what happens now that we can move the ball.

We beat 2 division rivals away. They went 3-0 against teams with a combined record of 2-10

Forgive me if Im unimpressed

You are forgiven, I was an idiot and thought this was another thread about rankings. If I wasn't so burned out at work on a Monday after celebrating last night I could've realized that no rankings even come out until Tuesday anyways.

Didn't Strahan even recently say that the Giants are lucky that they didn't play "this" Skins team back in September?

Giants=OVERRATED in my book. I may change my opinion once they play and win against some dominant teams. Until then, the media needs to stop referring to them as the best team in the NFL. Puleeze!

Anyone watching this? The very first segement's topic was which team is more impressive so far, Giants or Redskins?

Mariucci and Blackistone were doing a good job of representing (KB is definitely a homer) But that guy Plaschke and Woody Paige are still sticking up for the Giants. Now I didnt start this thread to talk about the media hate because that is no surprise, and we certainly don't need another thread devoted to it, but I feel that even though Kevin Blackistone's arguements were great, he still left alot off the table, here are my talking points, feel free to ad your own:

Hey Mariucci is on the NFL Network, Mariotti is on around the horn:silly:

You are forgiven, I was an idiot and thought this was another thread about rankings. If I wasn't so burned out at work on a Monday after celebrating last night I could've realized that no rankings even come out until Tuesday anyways.

thats my quote of the day right here. dude i was ****ing HAMMERED yesterday!! :cheers:

Archived