Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patrick Ramseys bad rep

parkboy22

I love how the media and Ramsey haters always throw out the his percentages were mediocre, and he came in late and blah blah blah. What they fail to mention is that In the New orleans game the offensive line was nowhere to be found ,as with most of the other mediocre performances. I have a really good feeling about this kid, and cannot wait until the start of the season. Did anyone else see moments of brilliance like I did last year? I am still in extreme skins bliss that NERV torner is GONE.....i always used to say NERV gets NORVOUS. PAtrick Ramsey - NFC PRO BOWL within 2 years....

Ramsey's QB rating as an NFL quarterback was mediocre at 71.5. His completion percentage as an NFL quarterback was poor at around 51 percent. But, both of those numbers were very good considering he was a rookie NFL QB. If he puts up those numbers this year they'll be less than pleasing. But, as a rookie, Ramsey's performance and potential were as clear as any rookie in recent years. In fact, he was better than most every rookie QB. While he's clearly the biggest open question we have, it's nice to know that we have reason to think he'll be a very good answer to that question.

Man, its good to see that the TRUE die hard skins fans understand that ramsey has mad talent. I live in NYC now and it sucks. Thank god for the direct tv package....it makes it worth while. Living in nyc the first time really sucked. Watching the dismal giants really blew. ha ha ha......Cant wait to wear my skins gear around manhattan.......Ramsey will be a pro bowler in the next two years......watch out.

Originally posted by DAN SNYDER

brett favre would have looked like sh-t behind our line in the new orleans game. this kid is a stud. watch out with a real oline!

Speaking of FAV-AH-Rah's(brett Favre), he was horrid his first three years and then started blowing everyone away.............

The most important thing i saw out of Ramsey last year was the fact that he's cool under fire. He steps up in the pocket, doesn't get happy feet, and will stand tall and deliver the ball, usually with a sharp strong throw in the right place. Young QBs tend to try to make too much happen, especially when the whole world is caving in around their ears. They get skittish, and start looking over their shoulders. They tend to throw the ball in a hurry, leading to bad interceptions.. (I know all of em are bad, but I mean bad ones,,, like tossing right to a waiting corner on a hitch, while your WR runs the up.)

I didn't see any of that out of Ramsey last year, and he was under a tremendous amount of pressure as we all saw. MOST of the time when everything fell apart, he did the right things. He wasn't always successful, but for the most part he handled himself well and didn't make crucial mental errors.

He makes decent decisions, and as he improves I think he could undoubtedly become a very dangerous QB. And with his teacher being Spurrier, and the weapons he has to work with, plus what seems to be his own great attitude and work ethic, I see no reason he won't develop.

We don't have "NO QB" as detractors like to cackle about.

We have a YOUNG QB. And I like our young QB. A LOT.

~Bang

Archived