Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Believing your eyes

Art

Good point. Hell, TK could knock on my door this morning and sell me a vaccuum cleaner and I wouldn't even blink. Or Art too, for that matter.

HTTR

<knock> <knock>

I'll do better then that. I'll sell you an iggle fan, because nothing sucks as hard as they do.

:eaglesuck

Great article Art, but come on..."Not that good of a coach the second time around".....that needs to be redacted....

I love Gibbs, but, we can't consider him that good as a coach the second time around because he wasn't. He never really got into a groove.

I love Gibbs, but, we can't consider him that good as a coach the second time around because he wasn't. He never really got into a groove.

he was more then just a coach the second time around. he straightened up a lot of things that were wrong with the FO and with players. They stopped being a bunch of hired mercs and started playing as a unit.

Just my opinion though, great article Art. :cheers:

Okay, I'm going to give Art's thread 5 stars right now, since it deserves it, and nobody else has, as of yet. In exchange, I'd like to see Art attend one of our ES tailgates during one of these away games. By my count, Art was at the Seattle game in Jan '06, the Seattle game in Jan '08, and probably the Eagles games in '05. I know he was at the Eagles in '06. And yet, he never showed his face at any of these ES tailgates. Yeah, I'm sure it's fun to talk football with Sonny while he chomps on his unlit cigar, but you could break away and slum with us common folk for ten minutes as you come to a tailgate.

So here's your five stars. Now you owe me. And Jan '09 will be here before we know it. And I'll be there. ;)

Okay, I'm going to give Art's thread 5 stars right now, since it deserves it, and nobody else has, as of yet. In exchange, I'd like to see Art attend one of our ES tailgates during one of these away games. By my count, Art was at the Seattle game in Jan '06, the Seattle game in Jan '08, and probably the Eagles games in '05. I know he was at the Eagles in '06. And yet, he never showed his face at any of these ES tailgates. Yeah, I'm sure it's fun to talk football with Sonny while he chomps on his unlit cigar, but you could break away and slum with us common folk for ten minutes as you come to a tailgate.

So here's your five stars. Now you owe me. And Jan '09 will be here before we know it. And I'll be there. ;)

I do not attend the tailgates when I'm working.

First, I have no willpower and do not need to be drinking before the press box.

Second, we are usually in the stadium before the tailgate is allowed in the parking lot to get set up. So leaving gear and tromping back out then back in is not generally feasible.

When I attend a game just as a fan with no responsibility I always visit the tailgates.

Thanks for the great read Art. I think you're dead-on about the challenge ahead - avoiding overconfidence. I'm hoping that Coach Zorn has this figured out and gets the team on board. Knowing your own weaknesses is a key to good performance, and if you're too high on yourself you don't bother examining those weaknesses.

On another slightly off-topic note I admire your writing not only for content but also for your consistenly good spelling and grammar. It's nice to see your journalistic sleight of hand - especially in a day and age where those who know better often do not bother anymore.

:cheers:

Wow. Finding something Mass is actually HAPPY with is not an easy thing.

I may have to frame this post :)

Wow. Finding something Mass is actually HAPPY with is not an easy thing.

I may have to frame this post :)

Look again Art. That's the non-antisocial MSF there, sans underscore. I wonder if he ever thinks about changing his sn? I'm guessing probably every time this happens. :D

Also, great, great article. Personally, I'm keeping an even keel here because as Skins fans you know that November hates this team. Can't remember the last time something good happened for this team in November. if they can get through the month of November without a customary slump, then I'll get real, real excited and probably quite obnoxious. In other words, I'll become the poster boy for those Redskin fans that other teams' fans hate. Hopefully, the team will be able to back up my homerness by then. :cheers:

Archived