Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOXSports. NFC East even better than we thought?

benskins26

I know there are a ton of threads on this already, but I was interested by the last few words in this write up:

"Everyone knew the NFC East was the best division in the NFL already. But most experts based that opinion on the three obvious top dogs: the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles. We learned Sunday not to ignore the Redskins, a team that also made the playoffs last season but has been overlooked. By going into Dallas and beating everyone's NFC favorite, the Redskins identified the NFC East as maybe one of the toughest divisions ever."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=8618968#sport=NFL&photo=8619010

What do yall think? Clearly the NFCE is the best this year by miles, but could the 2008 NFCE be the best division of all time?

I think it's possible.

Best ever? Waaaay to early to tell. Best this year? Probably. Best right now? definitely. The potential is there though, especially if every team splits their division games (we owe you one Tom). Imagine trying to sort that mess out.

I agree, way to early to tell. But it's out there. The potential is there. It's scary to think that 11-5, maybe even 12-4 doesn't make the playoffs. Doubt that will happen, but man if it did, would it ever be a louder cry to ebolish divisions and just have 2 conferences. Not that that's what I want, but that's what they've been talking about for years, coinciding with an expansion in L.A.

I don't see it.

Our questions are being answered favorably. The rest, not so much.

TO is about to break down in Dallas. Philly is starting to get beat up. NY, coming off it's bye but without Plexico.

I think some of the excitment in DC today is based on the fact that we continue to get better while the other three are slipping a tad and look beatable.

We have a serious team right now fella's. Bask in this.

I know nothing of the history of "greatest division ever" so I won't try to argue. But it is a helluva division with three teams....O WAIT! THERE'S 4 NOW!!!! (gah i hate the media) with four teams that are talented enough to be NFC championship game bound. I refuse to utter the name of the game that Bruce Springsteen is playing at halftime, before the halfway point of our season :)

Best ever? Waaaay to early to tell. Best this year? Probably. Best right now? definitely. The potential is there though, especially if every team splits their division games (we owe you one Tom). Imagine trying to sort that mess out.

to be honest I didn't realize this was a question people asked until recently. Definately not till the switch to four teams per division.

Which may be because when it was five teams per every division had a whipping boy or two.

I agree, way to early to tell. But it's out there. The potential is there. It's scary to think that 11-5, maybe even 12-4 doesn't make the playoffs. Doubt that will happen, but man if it did, would it ever be a louder cry to ebolish divisions and just have 2 conferences. Not that that's what I want, but that's what they've been talking about for years, coinciding with an expansion in L.A.

they'd need another city. I don't see the league operating with an odd number of team long term

The best division ever?? after 4 weeks of football??? slow down a little.. Take a deep breath..

My theory was always that if the redskins win, their opponent is awful (Saints, Cardinals) but when the Cowboys win by a close margin, their opponent is a superbowl contender (Eagles, Green Bay).. this all leads to a new type of falacy that the media often uses that you prop everything around the exhibit that you want to make look good, and you cut down everything around the exhibit that you want to ridicule..

When the Redskins beat the cowboys, I thought that a paradox would take place and perhaps a wormhole would form or the world would sponaneously implode.. Instead, most of the media is now calling the Skins superbowl contenders.. back to the drawing board...

they'd need another city. I don't see the league operating with an odd number of team long term

I agree, but I am pretty confident that in the next 2 years there will be a two team expansion, one in L.A., and one in _____. I really don't know what city fits there. Maybe another Texas team? San antonio? Las Vegas? Depending on how the seattle supersonics do in oklahoma city, maybe them? That's what's holding it back

I agree, but I am pretty confident that in the next 2 years there will be a two team expansion, one in L.A., and one in _____. I really don't know what city fits there. Maybe another Texas team? San antonio? Las Vegas? Depending on how the seattle supersonics do in oklahoma city, maybe them? That's what's holding it back

That would totally screw up the alignment of the divisions.

I don't see the NFL expanding any time soon, only thing I can possibly see is moving a team to LA. I love the format of the divisions and everything else (except maybe the four pre-season games).

The 32 teams and the divisions are just perfect.

Completely agree. I truly hope they don't change it.

It has been the best set up they've had in a while.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're secretly hoping someone moves.

Chargers started out in LA.

Hey, we're approaching the fifty year anniversary of the Lakers moving to LA in the NBA.

You then swap out the Rams and Vikings in divisions.

The best division ever?? after 4 weeks of football??? slow down a little.. Take a deep breath..

My theory was always that if the redskins win, their opponent is awful (Saints, Cardinals) but when the Cowboys win by a close margin, their opponent is a superbowl contender (Eagles, Green Bay).. this all leads to a new type of falacy that the media often uses that you prop everything around the exhibit that you want to make look good, and you cut down everything around the exhibit that you want to ridicule..

When the Redskins beat the cowboys, I thought that a paradox would take place and perhaps a wormhole would form or the world would sponaneously implode.. Instead, most of the media is now calling the Skins superbowl contenders.. back to the drawing board...

:applause:

Good one.

Archived