Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The exotic hair product Dallas blog - Final.

Art

Not sure why the refs have decided every call away from the play should be made today against us, but they are working hard in that regard.

Well Yoder did get away with the facemask call. And then Pacman(waka waka waka) got away with screaming 'That's bull****!' at the ref for not making that call. So you could say at least that's a wash.

Sooooo...are you going to tell us what you heard before the game or not??

Don't leave us hanging Art!! :)

Judging by a cross-section of this thread and Murph's, I'm going to say Cooley was who was intended to have a big game.

If it was Moss I would expect no one to forget to say I told you so, and Murph went out of his way to say he expected Cooley to get it in the red zone.

The great news is that Zorn didn't appear to try and force the ball to anyone. JC tended towards the open guy all day long.

Sooooo...are you going to tell us what you heard before the game or not??

Don't leave us hanging Art!! :)

Yeah. It was Cooley. Zorn thought Cooley could have four touchdowns. Sonny said they had a lot of plays inside the red zone for Cooley. But the Cowboys were paying a ton of attention to him and it never came to be. So, that didn't work out. The other thing Zorn was telling people may seem trite, but is fun.

He said he thought we would win the game -- to others, not me. He wasn't approaching it like it would be a huge, uphill battle. He was approaching it like it was a game he expected to control and win. In that, he was right.

I did tell Dan Steinberg of the Post that Cooley could have a big game and AFTER the game Dan mocked me, so, now I have to break his computer.

11:45 a.m. -- We see Sonny and Larry down the other side of the box and work our way down to sit and chat. Sonny has a pretty good feeling about the game. That thing I'd mentioned earlier that Zorn seemed to think could be exploited was also mentioned by Sonny. Pretty standard football talk really, but for me, it's the best. There's just something pretty cool about sitting and talking football with Sonny Jurgenson.

I am GREEN with jealousy. But I'll never admit it. :)

Very, very well done. Thanks for all the typing.

This is an epic the likes of which we haven't read since "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas."

I kept waiting to hear Murf blurt out to Art: "As your attorney I advise you to drive at top speed to the county line to purchase cheap vodka and mescaline."

Art: "You scurvy pig, I saw you trying to wolf down Kelly Johnson's shoe when she wasn't looking. I'll carve you up with Dan Snyder's Redskins belt buckle."

-------Long live Dr. Gonzo--------

This is an epic the likes of which we haven't read since "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas."

I kept waiting to hear Murf blurt out to Art: "As your attorney I advise you to drive at top speed to the county line to purchase cheap vodka and mescaline."

Art: "You scurvy pig, I saw you trying to wolf down Kelly Johnson's shoe when she wasn't looking. I'll carve you up with Dan Snyder's Redskins belt buckle."

-------Long live Dr. Gonzo--------

Wow. I'm honored to even end up in a "fear and loathing" hypothetical situation. Thanks man.

:cheers:

Wow. I'm honored to even end up in a "fear and loathing" hypothetical situation. Thanks man.

:cheers:

You deserve it for all the abuse you probably took on the trip. :notworthy

I feel like I'm reading Gonzo journalism when I read Art's account. Not many people can pull that off.

Thanks for the great reporting guys.

I'm still a skeptic. I thought this team could be atrocious this year adjusting to Zorn while Zorn learned. But, right now he is surpassing the expectations set on him when hired by the team. Hired to BE the coach YOU made, not the coach someone else did that you try to make fit you.

:applause: My sentiments exactly. I've missed Art's game blogs, especially the wacky titles and their tie-ins. I'm looking forward to the tell-all book about some of these drink-induced conversations that take place the night before a road game. Some of us just have to live vicariously.

Archived