Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Naah, no ties to terrorist for Saddam.

Kilmer17

First, I don't know enough about this story other than what I just read, after he is interrogated I'm sure more info will come out that will either confirm or deny any ties he might have with Saddam.

But, just because he is in Iraq doesn't mean that there are ties... Wouldn't you agree that there are probably Al Quaeda operatives in the US right now? Or what about Britian or France or Germany...?? Being there doen't confirm a connection with the government. BUT... If it's true, and I'll say it well could be, I'm sure the interrogations will bring it out... we'll stay tuned.

I won't beat a dead horse in the ground, but I just can't imagine that Saddam knew who and where every person in his country was... I'll leave it at that.

But I am not discounting the story... I believe the military or Bush will address the nation when absolute proof of WMD or terrorist connections are found. Cause everyone is dying to hear about it.

Code,

Have to disagree completely with you on this one. Now, remember, I'm the guy who stated (and still states) Saddam did not have significant ties to Al Quaeda, and that the Al Ansar camp in the Kurdish enlcave by the Iranian border was out of his reach. But,...

It has long been documented that Saddam has given refuge and support to the Abu Nidal group, of which Abbas was the 2nd in command. Iraq's official newspaper printed a long article following the suicide of Nidal in Baghdad.

Furthermore, Saddam was funneling hundreds of thousands of dollars to Hamas suicide bombers using Abbas as his go-between. To claim that Saddam might not have known about him being in his country is therefore pretty f#$cking ridiculous.

Like I said, I'm not saying that the article isn't true, I'll just wait till there is an "official" announcement or finding by the admin. There have been way too many false positives so far. Either the military or Bush will give their findings at some point, probably a national address. The whole basis for the was is based on WMD and Al Quaeda ties, they will be more than happy to share that with us...

It is well documented that many Shiite factions still operate inside of Iraq. These factions despise Hussien and even shot his son Uday 14 times. Some have been executed, but he could not get to all. Many survived and continue to operate.

Like Code said, being in a country does not confirm that the governors of that country support thier actions. By the way, I DO think Saddam has connections to terrorists, but many who oppose the war never disputed that, they disputed a direct connection to 9/11.

Then he has an out for everything. Either he is responsible for the happenings in his country or he is not. Otherwise their will always be an excuse that he didnt know.

When we find the WMDs, you can claim he didnt know about them.

Wait a minute guys!!!

While I still reject that Saddam had ANY significant ties to 9/11 or Al Quaeda, if you don't think he was actively supporting the Abu Nidal group, you are grossly misinformed. Again, Iraq's own official newspaper run by Saddam's son wrote articles praising Abu Nidal and gloating over his presence in Baghdad. Not some remote area of the country, but Baghdad! There's no way around this. This isn't stuff just popping out now, it's been common knowledge for several years, going back to the Clinton administration. Saddam has been regularly funneling money over to Hamas, which is probably why Hamas said it would begin targeting Americans if we invaded.

How can any rational human being not know that Saddam knew about Abbas and the rest of the Nidal organization, when they were living in Baghdad, and Saddam's family paper wrote several editorials acknowledging their presence and praising them??? When Saddam claimed Iraqi soldiers discovered Nidal's body after his supposed suicide? U.S. intelligence has stated repeatedly that Abbas was the go-between for Saddam and Hamas. All that is old news, not some recent rumor to go with his capture. Next, you guys will be telling me we really don't know who hijacked the Achille Lauro or if Arabs attacked the WTC; it might all be misinformation. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Thank you Riggo for clearing pointing out that it doesnt have to be an all or nothing approach like Kilmer has repeatedly suggested.

Its quite possible that Al Queda operatives operated from within Iraq without Saddam's knowledge (or approval or diapproval).

Correct me if I am wrong. bus Bin Laden and Hussein hated each other right?

But whether or not he knew about Al Queda it does appear that he acknowledged and approved (and funded) Chemical Ali and Nidal's groups.

Saddam was/is an evil dictator who needed to be removed. Now, if we could just keep moving west towards North Korea (thats where the real threat comes from, IMHO).

Riggo.. no problem with you post.

TEG...From what I have read, YES, Bin Laden and Saddam have hated each other in the past. Bin Laden has refered to Saddam as an Infidel.

Also, great post TEG... to think that Saddam can keep tabs on everyone is crazy. If that were true, what about the spies?

I would bet any amount of money that there are terrorists right here in the US right now.. does that mean Bush is harboring terrorists??? Isn't our CIA the best intelligence gathering agency in the world??? Shouldn't they know were all the terrorists are if Saddam can keep tabs on everyone in his country???

:doh:

For the record, Bin Laden's conversion from US ally to US nemesis began with the first Gulf War. Bin Laden wanted to fight the war against Iraq with his own mujahadeen (those who had fought the Soviets in Afghanistan). The Saudi family refused, preferring instead to go with the US. Ol' Binny believed the House of Saud was thus corrupt, decadent, and a blasphemy against Islam for inviting infidels on to the land of Mohammed (aka "the country of the two holy cities" as he likes to call Saudi Arabia). When US troops remained on Saudi soil even after the war was over, that's when he decided to take us on.

Originally posted by riggo-toni

For the record, Bin Laden's conversion from US ally to US nemesis began with the first Gulf War. Bin Laden wanted to fight the war against Iraq with his own mujahadeen (those who had fought the Soviets in Afghanistan). The Saudi family refused, preferring instead to go with the US. Ol' Binny believed the House of Saud was thus corrupt, decadent, and a blasphemy against Islam for inviting infidels on to the land of Mohammed (aka "the country of the two holy cities" as he likes to call Saudi Arabia). When US troops remained on Saudi soil even after the war was over, that's when he decided to take us on.

Hey, a little off topic, did you see the movie "The Beast"??

Originally posted by codeorama

(sorry for the spelling)

No worries, dude. I don't think there's an Arabic word yet that doesn't have at least half a dozen ways to spell it.

i.e. is it...

Quaddafi

Gaddafi

Ghaddafi

Qadafi

etc.

I've seen the other word spelled

mujahadeen

mujahidin

mujiheddin

and on and on......

and are they Muslims or Moslems?

is it Muhammed, Mohammed, Mohamet?

and is it the Koran or the Quran?

you get the idea...:D

Originally posted by riggo-toni

No worries, dude. I don't think there's an Arabic word yet that doesn't have at least half a dozen ways to spell it.

i.e. is it...

Quaddafi

Gaddafi

Ghaddafi

Qadafi

etc.

I've seen the other word spelled

mujahadeen

mujahidin

mujiheddin

and on and on......

and are they Muslims or Moslems?