Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jack Thompson Disbarred

PokerPacker

For all you gamers out there, the day has finally come where we can give the big ol' finger to anti-video game crusader Jack Thompson.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/09/jack-thompson-d.html

ack Thompson Disbarred

By Earnest Cavalli EmailSeptember 25, 2008 | 2:54:55 PMCategories: Legal Matters

Gavel Jack Thompson, a controversial crusader against violence in games, will be permanently disbarred as of October 25, reports GamePolitics.

In handing down its decision, the Florida Supreme Court cited Thompson's extensive history of public misconduct, along with recommendations from Judge Dava Tunis, the official who presided over Thompson's 2007 ethics trial.

Along with disbarring Thompson, the official court order (pdf) also demands monetary restitution of $43,675.

In response, Thompson has filed a request with the U.S. District Court seeking an emergency stay of the Florida Supreme Court's decision, as well as publishing a press release that claims the Court's decision is "in retaliation for Thompson’s Tyndale House book Out of Harm’s Way, published in 2005, which blew the whistle on the Florida Supreme Court’s earlier efforts in the 1990’s to literally pathologize his faith-based and successful activism against the American entertainment industry."

Image: Brymo/Flickr

DISBARRED! [GamePolitics]

Enjoy your last 30 days *******!

This is semi off-topic so I'm sorry:

I was looking on youtube right now for this guy, Jack Thompson, because I thought I had seen him on Glenn Beck before. During that search I came across this clip:

Dude has to be the most annoying person to ever exist. He needs to be the next to go.

And yeah, I was right, Thompson was on the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRfpzjlZCVY

Two peas.

Archived