Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I need to vent. Hope you don't mind

Thirtyfive2seven

There is a program at work that is proper ****ed. It's been that way since the company that lost the contract handed it over to the other company. At any rate, this thing has been a thorn in the side for a long time. Recently, I decided to volunteer my expertise and drafted some fixes for management.

Well my plan, and it's various options worked out very well. I'm proud to say that they put me in charge of fixing this cluster ****. The option they chose was suppose to take up to 2 months to complete. I told my friends and family about it because lets face it, this was a great chance to shine...

I get into work today and they tell me that everything must be done by Monday morning. There are so many politics involved in this mess and I can't get into great details but this SUCKS. Even if I worked every hour of every day until Monday, it wouldn't be possible to get the work completed. In fact it won't even be close.

I got hit by a bus :) Basically I feel like I've been set up to fail.

Any experience with stuff like this? What the hell should I do?

They chose an optiom that would take 2 months to get it fixed, (they are well aware that it is a job that is going to take more then a FEW days) Do what you can do in, go into the meeting and show them the progress you have made then tell them you need the 2 months originally planned in order to completet the task. If that is not good enough tell them to F THEMSELVES

Any experience with stuff like this? What the hell should I do?

I have a goverment job.....

I got hit by a bus :) Basically I feel like I've been set up to fail.

quote]

Take the high road. Do you best to get things rolling so even if you can not be done in the short time you have, at least things will get better.

Archived