Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Want More Local Programming on ESPN980????

Thinking Skins

A caller just called into the MMQB show on ESPN980 and asked this question and was told to contact Dennis Glasgow (VP of Operations for Red Zebra) at glasgowd@redskins.com.

ESPN 980 - Home of the Redskins / Red Zebra Broadcasting

8121 Georgia Avenue, Suite 1050

Silver Spring, MD 20910

301-562-5800

I recommend trying to get Steve Czaban's morning show on the air instead of Mike and Mike in the Morning. As much as I disagree with Czaban's views, he keeps me entertained for the most part. I can't say the same about Mike and Mike who kinda annoy me during the football season when they're talking about what a real athelete is....:doh:

Czaban's morning show isn't technically local, as it is his national show. The other issue is that his show is on Fox Radio I believe, and ESPN 980 is obviously ESPN. So zippy chance of getting him back at the moment. I too miss Czaben, and Dan Patrick, and Tony Kornheiser for that matter. I wish they would quit f'n with my drive time sports talk.

Andy actually supports local programming. So I think he was just frustrated by the question because he used to have control over such things. He is always quick to funnel callers towards the door though. Quick on the hang-up.

Of course Andy supports local programming,, it will give him many more chances to take potshots at the Redskins, to try to create controversy out of nothing for the Redskins, and to otherwise continue to do what he does.. ie: bash bash bash, and pretend that continual and constant criticism is what 'journalists' do.

I'm no wearer of rose colored glasses, but I do get sick and tired of listening to him and Czabin constantly whine and look for reasons to degrade the team.

~Bang

Of course Andy supports local programming,, it will give him many more chances to take potshots at the Redskins, to try to create controversy out of nothing for the Redskins, and to otherwise continue to do what he does.. ie: bash bash bash, and pretend that continual and constant criticism is what 'journalists' do.

I'm no wearer of rose colored glasses, but I do get sick and tired of listening to him and Czabin constantly whine and look for reasons to degrade the team.

~Bang

400% agree Bang. there's ALWAYS a conspiracy, and its always something Dan & Vinny did wrong.

I agree about wanting Czabe back on in the morning, but like CheatorBeat said, Czabe is Fox Sports and 980 is ESPN now. But the other local "talent" is horrible. I'm no big fan of Cowherd, but I can tolerate him more than Doc Walker or Riggo. The best thing 980 has is the Sports Reporters. The JT show is pretty good, but Mitchell can be such an ass at times, and Koken is just an idiot.

I actually miss the days of Kiley and the Coach!! Would love to have them back in town.

Hail,

H

We have to listen to Mike and Mike and Colin Cowherd when we have local talent like:

Frank Herzog

John Riggins

Joe Theismann

Charles Mann

Mike Patrick

George Michael

Scrap the ESPN crap and let's have a local sports station. I guess ESPN contributes too much to kick them to the curb.

Someone needs to host the 10 AM - noon hour instead of Cowherd. Clearly he doesn't have much fans around this area.

I wonder what local host would do the show though.

By the way , since Riggins was let go from his show , did he ever rejoin Andy and Steve Czaban for the John Riggins Show? They used to have that back on 980 the Monday after Redskins games.

By the way , since Riggins was let go from his show , did he ever rejoin Andy and Steve Czaban for the John Riggins Show? They used to have that back on 980 the Monday after Redskins games.

Riggo is part of the Redskins Post Game Show and is a co-host on Monday Morning Quarterback on ESPN 980 (6am-10am) every morning after Skins games (replayed on ESPN 950 in Richmond from 12pm-4pm). He also does a 15 minute Riggins Report on Hardly Workin' with Greg Burton (ESPN 950) every Friday during the 5 o'clock hour.

Archived