Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rocky M., Smoot and Evans

NorthEast Skin

seems to me that everytime evans gets in the game, a play is made. not advocating him to start, but would love to see him more involved in the rotation.

I totally agree and have been preaching all off/preseason when people were throwing Evans under the bus. So many ESers wanted this guy gone because he doesn't make the sexy plays that show up on the stats. He created an INT this season and I can think of at least one situation it happened last year as well when he dropped into coverage. I love Evans as a role player.

everybody is forgetting that Horton made a critical tackle on New Orleans 4 & 1 in the last quarter after he penetrated on a run blitz and helped bring Bush or the other rb down. So in the end, yes he had a heck of a game, but all of the defense played pretty good if you ask me. they still made a few mistakes, but they'll only get better if they remain healthy.

Horton seems to have a knack for making plays and being in the right place at the right time. We saw it in preseason and we saw it yesterday. I agree that they were great plays, while not being great play, but he took advantage of the opportunity and was in position to do so. So, give credit to the others, but don't take it away from Horton.

Yesterday, Horton became a Who instead of a Who's that?

These guys deserve most of the credit and not Horton. Not hating on Horton but the commentators and most fans will fail to realize what made Horton's plays possible.

That said, you still have to catch the ball and pick up the fumble.

Who's the last player that makes heads up plays and gets us that key interception or key fumble recovery... I can't think of one until Chris Horton before yesterday. He is an absolute ball hawk, and I'm not saying he is the next coming or the greatest player in the NFL, but we need a guy who can make that intception or big play unlike Fred Smoot or Carlos Rogers.

I definitely think after yesterday, he earned himself the starting spot on the roster, and I do think Rocky, Smoot, and Evans made good plays, but it's about who finishes it in the end to get us the ball back, which Horton did three times. :2cents:

Smoot was benched, or did you not notice Torrence in there?

Turnovers are never, ever just one person's contribution. However, he made heads up plays, and that's the only way to get a turnover. You don't get picks without pressure, you don't get fumbles without someone knocking the ball out. That doesn't take anything away from what Horton did, and he deserves the credit that he's getting.

Maybe yes, maybe no, but don't jump to any conclusions on a 95 deg day like yesterday....

Smoot was benched, or did you not notice Torrence in there?

Turnovers are never, ever just one person's contribution. However, he made heads up plays, and that's the only way to get a turnover. You don't get picks without pressure, you don't get fumbles without someone knocking the ball out. That doesn't take anything away from what Horton did, and he deserves the credit that he's getting.

He has been in a system similar to ours in college. Remember the coach over at UCLA was our DB coach before Jerry Gray. It has shown he knows what to do and where to be.

OOOOH! See, I learn something every day. I didn't know all that. I did think it was funny he seemed to know where the heck to be when something was going down. I'm very impressed with the young lad.:applause:

These guys deserve most of the credit and not Horton. Not hating on Horton but the commentators and most fans will fail to realize what made Horton's plays possible.

The fact that you don't give credit to a rookie who essentially wins the game for us makes me sick. Horton is awesome. If Reed Piece of Doughty was in there we would have lost that game. If he ever starts again I will jump off my building. Horton is the real deal and he plays hard.

Wrong again with your usual brand of Smoot bashing. Actually, he left the game early to get a shot of lidocaine (to try to come back in) because he was still in pain from the hip pointer. But since you have the inside track I'm sure you already knew that.

As for the opinion post, I agree the defense as a whole really showed up when needed. No great play, offense or defense, happens in a vacuum. If you really know football you can review the film and realize all the contributions made by other players that lead to one guy looking like a stud. That's why its called a team. But I was glad to see Horton in the right place at the right time and following thru.

Smoot was getting beat more than the drums in the marching band!! He gives too much of a cushion. I noticed that Torrence played more in the 2nd half yesterdqy.

Rocky was all over the place, and that strip was sweet.

Smoot caused the first INT and sealed the cutback by Bush. He is playing injured so was on the sideline getting treatment "NOT benched". He had a better game. All the corners did well.

Jason Taylor, Carter, Griffin pushed the line got good pressure and created 2 sacks. Not great but not bad. They also shut down the run.

Horton > Reed and should start period. Reed is a weak link. Horton is faster and more athletic.

Dirty 30 is a beast. He broke up a potential TD. He supported the run and hawked Bush. He isnt talked about but he was everywhere.

Conclusion:

The Defense gave up 24 points in 25 minutes. Total yards 250. 195 passing and 55 rushing. I would give us a B. Home game. Few key injuries. In all it made my Monday a whole lot better than last week!!

I agree that all those mentioned had impacts on those plays, but Horton was the one who finished.

How many times have we tipped a pass and no one was around to catch it? I know there are many times each game. We are all happy because we blocked it, but every football player works on tip drills. We just now got to finally see it work for us. Those guys did thier job, but Horton was phenominal at his job yesterday.

That is why football is a TEAM sport. Cant we just give them all credit?

Archived