Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anti-War Protest

EagleSteve

Agreed - go get 'em.

If Mosul and Tikrit fall before the protest, Bush can invite them all in for lunch and tell them that he's given them their wish - No war in Iraq.

How many people will actually be foolish enough to go to this protest? Especially after what's happened this week.

i have a question to the anti-war protesters now?

Why are you still doing it? The war in all regards is mainly over. The remaining Iragi military leaders are surrending as we speak. The more you protest the more time is wasted by our cops and other men in uniform to make sure they don't do anything stupid.

When DC and VA has to start shutting down certain programs, you all will be crying again and then realize the reason this is happening is because of all the man hours lost to these protests. Protesting might not cost you money at first but it will in the long time. I don't know if you are all just college kids right now without jobs, but we are in a recession and some of our counties and not afford to pay these cops anymore. When this happens they cut programs, jobs etc.......

And what are you going to protest about? This war has nothing to do with oil, never has. The Iraqi civillians even said that oil is a major problem there anyway so they need to find a way to decentralize it. I am happy Iraq is almost free, no one should live like that no one. Why can't we be happy for some humans that now can try to live somewhat of a normal life.

And please tell me what you think about the findings today of the portable chemical trucks, and maybe something real scary and underground nuclear facility.

anyone catch Pelosi yesterday? She is still voicing her protetsts over the war, claiming that "it was an awfully expensive method for bringing down some statues"....too bad she's from California. This person should never, ever, ever, be trusted with the security of the United States of America. She should be removed from her post as minority leader.....but....she's from San Fran and will survive........

I am kind of shocked that the GOP is trying to make the case that might is automatically right! Look those against this war have not been proved wrong. I never heard anyone say before this war that our army would defeat Sadam's army.

Do you guys want to go to Syria now? The smug republicans can go ahead with their premature celebration and false "I told you so" crap if they want. I predict they will regret it.

First the Bushies said

It will be a piece of cake, maybe some of Sadam's armies won't even fight.

Then when that didn't happen they blamed the press saying this could take longer than the press thought? Huh?

Then when we stormed into Baghdad they had the nerve to say.

"see I told you it would be easy"!

Now if we can keep this crazy right wing administration from wanting to move onto the next invasion I will be happy. (unless they pick France :) )

Originally posted by JackC

I am kind of shocked that the GOP is trying to make the case that might is automatically right! Look those against this war have not been proved wrong. I never heard anyone say before this war that our army would defeat Sadam's army.

Do you guys want to go to Syria now? The smug republicans can go ahead with their premature celebration and false "I told you so" crap if they want. I predict they will regret it.

First the Bushies said

Then when that didn't happen they blamed the press saying this could take longer than the press thought? Huh?

Then when we stormed into Baghdad they had the nerve to say.

"see I told you it would be easy"!

Now if we can keep this crazy right wing administration from wanting to move onto the next invasion I will be happy. (unless they pick France :) )

Huh?

Jack....not everything is political. Other than one instance of a poor choice of words in a Cheney Q&A, I've not heard any Republicans or Bush admin folks say this would 'be a piece of cake'. They've said consistently this would be a difficult war. They've said they would be determined and that no matter what the cost, Iraq would be liberated. Thats not the same thing as saying it would be a cakewalk. Thats close to being an outright fabrication, at best a deliberate misrepresentation. So sorry those 'smug' Republicans can't be shut up with a few Mogadishu scenes....how disappointed you must be that we haven't had more setbacks...In truth, theres been very little 'I told you so' activity, in fact all I've heard from the administration is cautious optimism. Thats what we ALL should be hoping for. If Syria wants to publicly acknowledge/prove they plan on continuing as a state-sponsor of terrorism, then you're damn right, they should be next. Got a problem with that Jack? Or do you support nations that sponsor terrorism as long as the potential to make Republicans look bad exists? Whats wrong with you anyway? This is not about politics, and I'm betting there are very few here, right wing or not, who will join in your attempt to make this a republican vs democrat issue.

First the Bushies said

Jack, it was a piece of cake. 3 weeks!!! In 3 weeks we destroyed Saddams regime. The problem was the leftist media never wanted to go in the first place, so they started in with the "another Vietnam" crap.

I'll reserve any further comment on WMDs (only 1 of many reasons for this war) until we have had time to search for them. Up until now we've been kind of busy. But, we have found an previously unknown underground nuke facility. Testing is going on now. As well as a mobile Chem lab that they are also testing. I'll wait until we have incontrovertable proof before I say "nah nah nah nah, we were right, you were WAY wrong"

As for Syria, if they are providing Saddam or his leaders with safe harbor and are hiding their weapons, then they certainly should be attacked.

The Bush doctrine is clear- We will preemptively strike any nation or persons that is a threat to our nation. If Syria is abetting terrorists, they need to face the music.

JackC,

The left is losing it's validity almost as fast as the Republican Guard. It's bordering on insanity that you're still posting these worthless arguments that are so easily dismissed by anyone who isn't blind to the facts. Any antiwar protests now consist only of hippies and college students who live in a bubble, not that they were ever much more. With each passing day of this war, the dems are being proved as illogical and their arguments as unfounded.

Originally posted by Chris 44

I don't recall anyone from the administration saying that it would be easy. On the contrary, even as the statues were falling wednesday everyone was saying that their is still a tough road to haul.

Is Dick Chaney "from the adminstration"?

Originally posted by Kilmer17

First the Bushies said

Jack, it was a piece of cake. 3 weeks!!! In 3 weeks we destroyed Saddams regime. The problem was the leftist media never wanted to go in the first place, so they started in with the "another Vietnam" crap.

I'll reserve any further comment on WMDs (only 1 of many reasons for this war) until we have had time to search for them. Up until now we've been kind of busy. But, we have found an previously unknown underground nuke facility. Testing is going on now. As well as a mobile Chem lab that they are also testing. I'll wait until we have incontrovertable proof before I say "nah nah nah nah, we were right, you were WAY wrong"

As for Syria, if they are providing Saddam or his leaders with safe harbor and are hiding their weapons, then they certainly should be attacked.

The Bush doctrine is clear- We will preemptively strike any nation or persons that is a threat to our nation. If Syria is abetting terrorists, they need to face the music.

Kilmer,

It's not over yet is it? It won't be for years. The biggest negative may come from the other Arab countries. I will talk to about this later because right now I'm too pissed at Tarhog for that typical BS!

Uhhhh, last I checked, it WAS easy. Not only easy but VERY easy. Easier than I ever thought it would be. Yes, we do have a long political battle ahead of us now, but that would have been made much more difficult without the removal of Saddam.

Kilmer,

It's not over yet is it? It won't be for years. The biggest negative may come from the other Arab countries. I will talk to about this later because right now I'm too pissed at Tarhog for that typical BS!

It is over Jack, There is work left to do, but Saddam is gone. That was the primary goal.

Originally posted by JackC

Tarhog,

How dare you imply I wished this would go badly! You can kiss my butt pal!

I don't have to imply anything, you do it yourself nearly every time you post. I DO respect your right to post whatever you want Jack. But what is your point here. We know you're a Democrat. Great. Congratulations. But WHAT is your point? You've all but out and out said the Bush Administration is corrupt in every way and that they risk American lives for oil, politics, to make Nancy Pelosi look bad, etc....but you can't back up a thing you categorically say.

Yeah, I'm sure I can kiss your butt. But I'd really rather understand why you choose to say such inflammatory things. And why every single action taken in this world has a devious political bent to it. But you won't address those questions, will you? Believe me, whatever anger I stir in you can't compare to the blood pressure elevation posts like the one in question give me. That ought to give you some pleasure. So how about giving us some insight into how your God-like omniscient ability to read Republican minds has some relevance here?

I apologize to you Jack for the 'mogadishu' comment. I didn't need to do that. But I sincerely would like to know why you see this war in only partisan terms? I honestly don't get it. I recognize I piss you off more than anyone else here (typical bs, I believe you called it?) and you have the same effect on me. But I would like to understand what your honest position is here? You gave this conflict your tacit approval once it began which puzzled me, as in my mind you're either for it or against it, and whether or not troops are in harms way shouldn't impact that. Now, after supporting the war to some degree, you start tossing grenades at the Bush administration questioning their motives. This strikes me as inconsistent, and I'd like to know (again) what the relevance of your statement is to the situation in Iraq?

I agree we can't look at this war as a political statement. The democrats are burrying thier own graves when they say outragous remarks, (Kerry for one, what an idiot). We need to look at as the safety of our nation. If we didn't go into Iraq, then the terrorists will still want to kill what we stand for. Going in Iraq doesn't make thier mission more important, it will never change. We are threatened every day of every week from terrorists and have been for so long. I can't stand people saying that this will bring upon more terrorism if we take over Iraq. What more can you get then every single day. A lot of you cleary don't know what our government does to protect us, and there is a good reason for that. If all information were ever shared with the public, we would be scared to leave our homes. This is just one step of stopping a regime that would do what ever they can to help terrorists. This not a peaceful world we live in, wake up and realize that, we have to do what ever it takes to defend ourself. You haven't heard Mrs. Clinton say she was against the war, or even her loving husband have you. Clinton should have done something before all of this happened with NKorea and Iraq.

Tarhog,

I'm sorry too. I need to try not to let a board like this make me mad. These are places that make it easy for all of us to take things to levels we would never do in person.

If you want my prespective, here it is.

1. I was for the war before it started. But I will tell you I think the Bush administration did a poor job with diplomacy. The bottom line here is Americans are dying to free another people yet a major part of the world thinks we're invaders. IMHO Bush backed himself in a corner with his "cowboy" (yes I mean that) rhetoric he is so found of using.

2. Now that we've taken Bahdad (pretty easily even after Clinton killed the military I might add). We could very well win the war and lose the peace. It will take dipolomacy expertise that I don't think this administration has demonstated they have to get us to a positive place from here. I will tell you I'm all in favor of propoganda at this point and time. If those celebrations were staged than I say good. I've also said if we don't find WOMD we need to plant them. It would be much worse on us if we don't.

3. Now for my opinion of those who were and still are against this war. There are/were a lot of good reasons to be against it. Premption is something that is new to this country and I'm not sure it's a good thing.

Now that this stage of the Iraq war is over(almost), I hope we can agree on the following.

1. Neither side would ever wish our troops death in battle. We are all Americans after all.

2. Capturing Baghdad did not prove anybody right or wrong. My post earliar was not to complain one way or the other about the length of time it took. I was just pointing out that the administration was the one sending expectation singles and than complaining about how the press war reporting it. (this type of propagada skill has certainly been demonstated by this administration. It should help with what we need to do next to improve our Arab relations)

Sorry again about losing my cool. I think we all sometimes add everything that all of the posters on the other side say and project it completely to individuals. When the "last straw" comes we point our anger at individuals.

HTTR

Originally posted by jbooma

When DC and VA has to start shutting down certain programs, you all will be crying again and then realize the reason this is happening is because of all the man hours lost to these protests. Protesting might not cost you money at first but it will in the long time. I don't know if you are all just college kids right now without jobs, but we are in a recession and some of our counties and not afford to pay these cops anymore. When this happens they cut programs, jobs etc.......

Don't you worry ... as long as the Republicans are in power, there will be plenty of money for the police, prisons and the military. Punishment is much more macho and than compassion or progress.

And when deficits soar, the national debt piles up, public funds are scaled back, unemployment and interest rates rise, and the real value of this nations equity holdings declines -- worry not still! You can always shroud your fiscal and social irresponsibility by mentioning "national security".

If those darn liberals get uppity and call you on your BS, start an easily winnable war so you can shut them up by demanding that they "support our troops and president in a time of war". Works every time!

And, now that you have everyone frantically driving their armored HumVees at 10 mpg with flags ablaze to scramble for the dwindling supplies of duct tape and gas masks, why not slip a multi-million dollar tax cut for the rich under the rug? After all, people who grew up rich DESERVE MORE!!!

Enjoy the victory over the tattered remnants of Saddam's army, whom we already essentially defeated 11 years ago. The bill will be arriving soon.

Archived