Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn is #14 on Coaches Hot Seat list

Horatio

Of couse he's on the hot seat list, you can see on this board how fans in the area overreact to everything.

I don't know...I don't see many posts blaming Zorn for a whole lot. It seems the general consensus is that he made some mistakes in Week 1, but they were due to it being his first game and that they are correctable.

I don't know...I don't see many posts blaming Zorn for a whole lot. It seems the general consensus is that he made some mistakes in Week 1, but they were due to it being his first game and that they are correctable.

Yeah, in my opinion those are the more rational and thought out threads. There were some brutal judgements on Zorn on Friday, but they've cooled a little as the days go on.

Yeah, in my opinion those are the more rational and thought out threads. There were some brutal judgements on Zorn on Friday, but they've cooled a little as the days go on.

Or, we could just cut the whole team and fire the entire staff. That's the only true way to make sure whoever is at fault truly gets what they deserve.

The one thing I saw that I worry about above all other things is he just didn't seem ready. He didn't seem prepared. Combine that with his lack of urgency while live bullets were going around (as well as time management that made Gibbs V2.0 look like a Swiss watch) makes me very, very worried about his as a figurehead for the team.

The one thing I saw that I worry about above all other things is he just didn't seem ready. He didn't seem prepared. Combine that with his lack of urgency while live bullets were going around makes me very, very worried about his as a figurehead for the team.

I couldn't agree more. I found this very surprising, considering the staff he has under him. This needs to change immediately or this could be a very long season.

And you love that swiss watch reference, huh? :)

I couldn't agree more. I found this very surprising, considering the staff he has under him. This needs to change immediately or this could be a very long season.

He's a Rookie HC, but not a Rookie to the NFL by far. I thought he'd know to be better aware of the surroundings and what they meant. That was disturbing to me.

Yeah, I love the comment because so rarely can I describe how I feel in so few words. It's rare, so I'm milking what I can from it... :laugh:

The one thing I saw that I worry about above all other things is he just didn't seem ready. He didn't seem prepared. Combine that with his lack of urgency while live bullets were going around (as well as time management that made Gibbs V2.0 look like a Swiss watch) makes me very, very worried about his as a figurehead for the team.

That is my biggest concern too. Zorn truly looked like a deer caught in the headlights out there. Maybe there's a reason no other team ever even interviewed him for a head coaching position, much less an offensive coordinator position! I think Zorn is a great guy and very (maybe too much) communicative, but you have to wonder if Snyder just hired him because he posed little threat to Vinny's authority.

He's a Rookie HC, but not a Rookie to the NFL by far. I thought he'd know to be better aware of the surroundings and what they meant. That was disturbing to me.

Why did Atlanta and Baltimore look so much more prepared? And this is not in regards to of the level of competition. It has to do with being ready with a counterpunch when you are popped in the mouth. The Skins weren't. They made adjustments at half and at least kept it close...the better prepared teams can make those adjustments on the fly before the score starts to get out of hand.

If Zorn does finish at .500 and Cowher is open to coming back in the offseason. We will see a coaching change.....again.

I once read that the only way a losing team can save face and truly generate offseason excitement is either a major upgrade in talent or to hire a new coaching staff. Well, we know this team is unable to majorly upgrade it's talent next year, so it may be on to Plan B.

Hey, Dan don't know football, but he certainly knows how to create excitement.

And you love that swiss watch reference, huh? :)

My friend, give the man a chance. I bet neither you nor I were ready when we got our first job with big responsibilities. I know I wasn't, but after a year in the job, things changed for the better. Please don't rush to judgement on coach Zorn. Give him some time. Please!!!!

My friend, give the man a chance. I bet neither you nor I were ready when we got our first job with big responsibilities. I know I wasn't, but after a year in the job, things changed for the better. Please don't rush to judgement on coach Zorn. Give him some time. Please!!!!

I'm willing to give Zorn plenty of time. I was not questioning his ability, only his preparedness for Week 1.

And you better bet I was prepared for my first test. I may not have passed, but I certainly was prepared for it.

Zorn blew it on time management. That type of mentality toward the clock will lose ball games on a constant basis. He needs to snap out of it and pay attention.

Archived