Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Daniel Snyder Destroys DC's Sports Talk Radio

Horatio

Snyder is destroying this Team. I'm seriously worried about never seeing a Playoff home game let alone a superbowl in my life time with Snyder under the helm and I'm only 26. I've always heard about how great the superbowl teams were and I was too young to get that feeling that the skins generate around northern Va and D.C.

I'm hoping one day the skins will get it together.

I wouldn't let that moron (snyder) manage a playground sandbox.

I would, if I wanted to make a profit off little tykes. Think about it...Snyder could set up a Fast Play Pass, getting your kid into the sandbox quicker and they get to play with the bigger buckets and shovels that the other tots don't get to play with. All for just $350 per month!! :silly:

WIP is the worse talk radio station on earth.. I work in philly and went to school there every morning for four years, and tried to tolerate that mess the whole time.. the morning show is unbearable to listen to.. its like 4 hours of 12 of the most annoying people you could think of laughing at inside jokes that you don't even hear and talking about wing bowl for 6 months straight (I'm not even exagerating).. the mid day show guys are ok, but they'll talk about the wire and hockey for 3 hours if nobody stops them.. Eskin is a clown wannabe tough guy, who bullies callers and probably gets chased from parking lot to parking lot.. The guy admittedly got punked by charlie manuel on several occasions and he can't get enough of the smell of Andy Reid's ass flavor.. I THANK GOD that Philly finally got an ESPN station so I can listen to something outside of the Vacuum of WIP.. If you listen to WIP, forget about knowing the scores of anybody outside of the Eagles, Phillies, Sixers and Flyers.. I work with life long philly fans from Philly and they can't even stand WIP.. Everybody I know listens to ESPN 950 now..

Actually, only a couple guys from TripleX were let go.

Riggins is still very much a Red Zebra employee. He's part of the Monday Morning Quarterback show (7a-9a) on 980, and you'll hear him on the Postgame Report following Skins games. There are other things in the works, too.

yes he is the redskins insider, and even he laughs at that

that fact is his radio show was the only good thing about xxx and then as soon as he bought WTEM the dropped his show, what would be good is at least have Riggo do the lockerroom show with Doc that would be good

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't agree more with this guy. TEM , besides the Sports reporters, stinks. Czaban had a really good morning show and they got rid of it and put Mike and Mike on in it's place. I have no idea how they got a show, they are awful, not funny or interesting at all. I know Snyder is contractually obligated to put them on, but they just flat out stink, and Cow-turd is terrible in the mid afternoon. Jeez, put Riggins or Phil Wood on, anything but Mike and MIke and Cowherd.

everything Snyder touches withers and dies... Look at Six Flags.

How this man ever made the kind of money he did is beyond me. He's a moron.

is this really a mystery to you or are you being facetious?

if it really IS a mystery to you, just ask yourself how much parking @ FedEx cost when Snyder bought the team, and how much it costs today. Snyder understands the purist and most beautiful principle of a capitalistic economy: Supply & Demand. Period.

Feels like the way things continue to go in America, corporations dictating what message gets sent out and control over media is one of those Orwellian nightmares.

Even without ownership, you see and hear it all the time...Local media outlets live in 'fear' of being critical of local professional sports franchises as they can be frozen out and pay the consequences in terms of revenue via ad dollars and coverage of the teams.

The sphere of the monopoly just seems to increase with little to no oversight

The Sports Reporters from 4-7 is the heart and soul of this station. As long as he doesn't mess with it, 980 is fine.

LMAO is this Czaben? Its just two middle aged men who are angry and sarcastic about everything.

They bearly talked redskins today. One caller said its cowboys week and they said who cares they will lose by 21. They talked redskins 2 segments. For their count and amount and to diss Joe Gibbs when he has been gone for a year. In feildman the guest said he is GONE. Move on.

They have about 10 digs at Vinny everyday. Its a pathetic show.

I feel as though Snyder has made mistakes with the Skins. I also feel that his mistakes were made with good intentions. .

I feel that most owners have good intentions (with a few exceptions). Heck, even the Ford family has good intentions, but sometimes good intentions can be wrong or be crappy. It's either they just don't know any better and hire the wrong people to run things (Fords), or they try to run things themselves with not much experience (Snyder).

And if Snyder wanted Czaban gone, he could fire him tomorrow from the afternoon show if he wanted to. If he wanted Czaban off the air, why hasn't Czabe gotten his pink slip yet?

COntractrual obligations, probably. He can't just fire him for no cause, and he hasn't really done anything since the acquisition to warrant a firing. I'm sure he could buy him out, but maybe Czabe doesn't want to be bought out. None of us here know the details of Czaban's contract, so we don't really know when it expires. I bet once it does expire, he will can him fast. Czabe has been around a while to get a contract, as was Koken and B-Mitch and Doc and John Thompson. A lot of the other guys behind the scenes at the original Redskins Radio probably didn't have contracts.

LMAO is this Czaben? Its just two middle aged men who are angry and sarcastic about everything.

They bearly talked redskins today. One caller said its cowboys week and they said who cares they will lose by 21. They talked redskins 2 segments. For their count and amount and to diss Joe Gibbs when he has been gone for a year. In feildman the guest said he is GONE. Move on.

They have about 10 digs at Vinny everyday. Its a pathetic show.

You're making crap up. They never said they would lose by 21 and you must have missed the Jeff Pearlman segment speaking about his book "Boys Will Be Boys", it was hilarious.

The show today was hilarious. Go back to listening to Mike and Mike.

Guest ComebackKing

I listened all the time between 2006 and until Snyder bought 980. I enjoy most of the ESPN programming, Mike and Mike are fine and I used to LOVE Dan Patrick in the afternoon. I was really sad when ESPN cut him. Mike Tirico was alright but not as good.

I guess I was in the minority. I listened most chances I had. I also really miss the GMU Patriots basketball games on there.

One good thing about the changeover at WTEM: the live-match programming (mostly ESPN Radio in origin) that went from strong-signal 980 to the weak Triple X stations has begun migrating back to 980 - the Sunday Night Football and Sunday Night Baseball are back, and hopefully the NFL playoffs and baseball post-season will be returning as well. The Super Bowl and World Series, above all, deserve to be on strong-signal.

As far as sports talk - that died in this area when the Ken Beatrice show went off the air.

I still don't understand why bashing Snyder's bussiness deals is a big to-do on here. The man makes his money, who cares how as long as it isn't going to affect the Redskins. You should feel lucky about having him, because for all his absurd spending there are teams out there who will not pony up the cash to compete because there's not enough income in their teams. Meanwhile the Redskins are sitting at the top of money-making sports franchises and have made the playoffs 2 of the last three years and are currently 2-1 under a first year head coach.

Guess what, Snyder still owns the team and we have been doing better than a lot of franchises recently.

As for making all the commentators look through redskins glasses. I had to listen to the NY game on the radio and Sonny and Sam weren't sugar coating anything. Then of course they sounded like they forgot what was going on a few times.

At first I was sort of weary about the Skins taking over 980, but there really hasn't been a big difference for me. I rarely listen past 7pm anyway. The John Thompson show is still the way it was, the Sports Reporter's are still what they were, I just wish they had left Doc's show alone. The Lockeroom is cool, but not as good as it was with Doc and the fellas. They should have let Kevin and Riggo have the 10-12 slot.

Archived