Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Landry's performance

Lar0n Landry

If he doesn't go shoulder to shoulder against him Landry has Jacobs ALL DAY. Regardless of size Landry knows how to tackle people, even those bigger than him. It's been awhile, he won't make that mistake again.

Just kind of sucks that every fu%k up I'd see tonight on D I'd think "Well if Sean was there..."

Yeah I hear you, but there's no "I" in team.

My only complaint with Landry tonight was that he dropped an interception THAT HIT HIM RIGHT IN THE HANDS. He better learn how to catch those if he wants to be a real player in this league.

That was a tough catch for anyone. Still goes back to the old saying... if he could catch he'd be a receiver....

LL had a good game overall, looking forward to him working out some kinks.

Alot of guys get trucked by a 270 pound running back with full steam ahead. You youngsters worry to much about image.

Would rather look good and lose, than look bad and win.

Oh please coffin dodger give it a rest! Take you all night to come up with that one? :rolleyes: kidding.

Laron will be fine. I think he could play smarter though. He did start to wrap up more and settle in as the game went on. He was definitely rusty. As far as his getting trucked...eh. that was pretty bad but you win some you lose some. Jacobs also gave him a nice forearm shiver to add on to being run over. One thing I can say..next time he will stick his hat right in there again without hessitation.he's that kind of dude..but maybe he'll go a little lower. lol only ST could bang Jacobs head on and not get trampled.

There is no DB in the league that can handle Jacobs when he gets a running start like he had on that play the OP is talking about. With that said, how many freaking times did NBC have to show that play. I wanted to puke.

Landry will rally, he's prolly the best player on our entire d, short of Fletcher.

It was an okay performance. He was a tad slow in getting over to help on a few plays and, if you're a top 10 pick at Safety, if you get two hands on a pass, secure the ball.

It'll take time and I can understand that he's rusty.

It's undeniable that he was embarrassed by Jacobs. 90% of safeties would suffer the same result, but on national TV he's going to see and hear that for a LONG time.

Easily the "jacked up" play of the game. Insult to injury. He's gotta pay Jacobs back next time...

It happens to the best of them. Although we'd like to compare him to ST, he's not that type of safety and seems to be more in the Dawkins mold. On this board we've given Dawk and hard time when he's been trucked and now the same happened to Landry...He'll bounce back and make plans...Hopefully he learned from this that he needs to stay low when giving up 65 pounds to a running back.

Archived