Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So who knows/is Tim Mummert

SkinsNoles21

Washington Redskins

Tim Mummert

So what do you get for the Redskins fan who has everything?

was.gifTim Mummert has autograph photos of Joe Theismann, Sonny Jurgensen and several other Washington greats. He has the Redskins vending machine and the team logo tattooed to his right arm. He writes poems before games. He once sold on eBay a 1970 VW bug disguised as a rolling Redskins helmet. And his license plate reads "CWBYKLR." Need we say more?

So for Mummert's birthday, his wife, Carrie, did what any upstanding spouse of a 'Skins stalwart would do: She painted a giant, Washington "R" on the ceiling and walls leading into their basement -- aka the Redskins Room.

travel_skinsfan_300.jpgTim Mummert displays proof of Redskins devotion.

Mummert, a season-ticket holder for eight years, was surprised as can be. But maybe he should have been expecting it.After all, it was he who dropped the ultimate bombshell during halftime of the 2005 Redskins tilt against the Raiders, when he proposed to Carrie.

"I was nervous as hell," said Mummert, 38, a service writer for a car dealership from Chambersburg, Pa. "The people I sit with in that section, we're all family. They all knew what I was going to do."

Carrie came back from the break, Tim produced a ring and he popped the question right there at their seats. Surprise!

"Everybody in the section knew but me," Carrie said.

The Redskins, however, didn't keep to the script.

"They lost by a field goal," Tim Mummert said, "but I was a winner in the end."

Right now, in late August, Mummert's wife, son, Ethan, 14, and daughter, Catherine, 7, know all too well he is nearing the pinnacle of his seasonal roller coaster of emotions.

"I love my 'Skins," he said. "I'm happy as hell when football season starts, and when football season ends I'm miserable for a couple months."

http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/news/story?id=3535037

Bottom Line is ... he has to be a part of extremeskins. If he isnt, then people on here know him ... I'm pretty sure this is the guy with the whole back tattoo but now ESPN recognizes him as the most colorful fan.

Wait ... this isn't the guy who has the entire back tattoo of the Skins ... hmm ... not sure if i agree with this selection ...

freakin' mediots.

Season ticket holder for 8 years ... HELL i've been one for 30+ years (well they got transfered to me about 7 years ago but i went with my father all the time) and i too have a redskins room! No tats though but that will change very soon. I've missed maybe 5 home games over those years!

pffftttttttttt No one i know is as hardcore as i am!! :D

Season ticket holder for 8 years ... HELL i've been one for 30+ years (well they got transfered to me about 7 years ago but i went with my father all the time) and i too have a redskins room! No tats though but that will change very soon. I've missed maybe 5 home games over those years!

pffftttttttttt No one i know is as hardcore as i am!! :D

Yea, 8 years isn't that impressive, at 38 years old he should have AT LEAST 20 years if he's going to be the fan that ESPN talks about, I mean about 18 is when it becomes pretty much under your control. I'm 17 and I'm going into my 4th, when I'm 38 I'll almost have 25 under my belt. Like you until 7 years ago, I'm not officially a season ticket holder yet, but I only missed one home game last year(my mom wouldn't let me go by myself and the guy going with me ****ed out on like Friday) and don't plan on ever missing another as long as it's under my control, I'll officially be one when my name comes up in 5-7 years. Also same here on the no tat yet, but I plan on getting a 21 eventually... Probably not until after I move out because I don't want to hear my mom and everyone else ***** about it all the time.

My tattoo will be something similar to this one, of course im going to have some changes made to it to make it my own.

pic06.jpg

My wife thinks its silly, but its my body :silly:

Yea, 8 years isn't that impressive, at 38 years old he should have AT LEAST 20 years if he's going to be the fan that ESPN talks about, I mean about 18 is when it becomes pretty much under your control. I'm 17 and I'm going into my 4th, when I'm 38 I'll almost have 25 under my belt. Like you until 7 years ago, I'm not officially a season ticket holder yet, but I only missed one home game last year(my mom wouldn't let me go by myself and the guy going with me ****ed out on like Friday) and don't plan on ever missing another as long as it's under my control, I'll officially be one when my name comes up in 5-7 years. Also same here on the no tat yet, but I plan on getting a 21 eventually... Probably not until after I move out because I don't want to hear my mom and everyone else ***** about it all the time.

Not taking anything away from this fan, however, there are LOTS of fans with REDSKIN ROOMS that are painted in burgundy and gold, REDSKIN memorabilia and furniture, who have REDSKIN tattoos, and are season ticket holders.

I guess they didn't send information to ESPN however. Maybe they should all send pics of their rooms, tattoos, and length of ownership of tickets. I think they would find the REDSKIN DEVOTION EVERYWHERE in the REDSKIN nation

Meh. Not very impressed. I don't think how long you've had season tickets for is the best indicator for best fan either though. I signed up for the list when I was 15 or 16. I also signed up a couple other times at games, in stores, whatever, just to make sure I was on that thing. This year, when I called back some lady to tell her I can't afford those damn club levels they try to sell me every year, I got to speak to someone that informed me of my position on the list. He said I have 2-3 years left, and I thought, "sweet. almost there." Little did I know that the record they have for me for signing up was 2001, when I was 21. So I don't know what happened to those 5 years.

Anyway, my point is, to say, "I have had season tickets since I was 13 - no way this guy is the biggest fan..." is pretty weak. And a bit arrogant... how many young teens can afford season tickets? Plus, I'm willing to bet there are HUGE Redskins fans in other parts of the country, that have totally decked out basements, tattoos, vehicles, etc. that would take offense to being labeled a fairweather fan merely because they can't go to every home game.

As a die-hard fan and an area resident, it is certainly awesome to be able to go to all the home games - but it doesn't make me more of a fan than someone else.

All things aside, I agree that this guy is not much bigger a fan than about 150 other people I know. Then again, I don't really get the "I'm-a-bigger-fan-than-you" argument. Kudos to him I guess for getting his stuff into espn.

There was a guy I met at the 2006 scrimmage that had all three Lombardis tatooed into his arm then a big Redskins Logo and HOFers........

I think he has this guy beat.

And that Raiders game was a horrible game to propose....everybody (including Skins fans) were acting like *******s. We a had a bunch of fights happen in my section that day.

I think the Black Hole literally came from Oakland and contaminated FedEx that day.

Archived