Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins/Eagles game in Philly.. Is it safe for Skins fans?

TGibson810

My advice when in Philthy:

1. Don't leave your car unattended with any Skins stickers or emblems. Don't even exit your vehicle with colors on if some of the witnesses are stationary.

2. Don't wear Skins jerseys or regalia unless you are in a large group.

3. If you have been cheering loudly, when exiting the stadium head opposite of the crowd for a while and separate from anyone who has been sitting near you

4. Carry a large caliber weapon. My preference is a 9mm Glock with extended clip. Macing somebody only pisses off the crowd. Big thunder will scatter those not hit.

He is talking about bringing two chicks, they are the Dallas fans. Now that I think about it, I need to bump a certain thread in the tailgate.

And what is your point now?

Do you have some sort of vendetta against me?

I'd like to know. This is an internet message board.

Questiong my fanhood all you want. Doesn't bother me one bit.

I happen to have two very good friends, who have been there for me through every damn thing I've been through, who have helped me when nobody else would, and you label me as some sort of ****head because I want to show them a good time.

Until you know me personally, I'd stop acting like a child and saying "oh, I need to bump a certain thread in the Tailgate. This man is obviously not a Skins' fan".

In case you haven't noticed, adults don't hate friends because of their fandom. In fact, genius, even Chief Zee has been known to treat Cowboy fans with a little respect.

And what is your point now?

Do you have some sort of vendetta against me?

I'd like to know. This is an internet message board.

Questiong my fanhood all you want. Doesn't bother me one bit.

I happen to have two very good friends, who have been there for me through every damn thing I've been through, who have helped me when nobody else would, and you label me as some sort of ****head because I want to show them a good time.

Until you know me personally, I'd stop acting like a child and saying "oh, I need to bump a certain thread in the Tailgate. This man is obviously not a Skins' fan".

Nothing personal, actually, as a season ticket holder, I honestly think you need to catch some heat for bringing Cowboys fans to a game.

Nothing personal, actually, as a season ticket holder, I honestly think you need to catch some heat for bringing Cowboys fans to a game.

That's right.

You're a season ticket holder. That makes you "more of a fan" or a "better" fan than me.

Sorry about that. I'll rectify the situation once I decide to quit my job, move four hours north of here, come off the waiting list, magically find a couple grand lying around to buy them with, and go to the ticket office and make the purchase.

Until then, I'm not a real fan and I deserve to be punished. I'm also a dumb Skins' fan for bringing Cowboy fans to the game. I can't be a real fan because I can only afford one or two games a year and it's idiotic to bring opposing fans when half of the season ticket holders post their seats on StubHub where any fan of any team can buy them anyway.

You have said it and so I now accept it. And yeah, I know it's nothing personal.

You are just "helping me out". Thanks for that.

I'll remember you the next time I see a Philly or Giants fan sitting in DREAM SEATS. The people bringing them must not be real fans either.

All hail GoSkins561 for laying down the "fan law".

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

That's right.

You're a season ticket holder. That makes you "more of a fan" or a "better" fan than me.

Sorry about that. I'll rectify the situation once I decide to quit my job, move four hours north of here, come off the waiting list, magically find a couple grand lying around to buy them with, and go to the ticket office and make the purchase.

Until then, I'm not a real fan and I deserve to be punished. I'm also a dumb Skins' fan for bringing Cowboy fans to the game. I can't be a real fan because I can only afford one or two games a year and it's idiotic to bring opposing fans when half of the season ticket holders post their seats on StubHub where any fan of any team can buy them anyway.

You have said it and so I now accept it. And yeah, I know it's nothing personal.

You are just "helping me out". Thanks for that.

I'll remember you the next time I see a Philly or Giants fan sitting in DREAM SEATS. The people bringing them must not be real fans either.

All hail GoSkins561 for laying down the "fan law".

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Simmer down kid, you are out of control right now. Your acting like a little baby because I am rightfully busting your chops for bringing of all people Cowboys fans to a home Redskins game.

I have no doubts that you love the Skins, I just think you need to read a little bit deeper into the "laws of Redskins fandom" because I think you are breaking a law.

I don't know from experience. but last year I was tailgating next to someone at Fed Ex. She wasan older,very nice lady that said she was pushed down the stadium steps for no other reaason but wearing a Redskins jersey and broke her ankle.

There is a reason the have a court and jail in the basement of the stadium.....BE CAREFUL and don't act like an idiot cause I'm sure you'd get a beat down!

I've been to the Linc twice for Skins games. They're pretty much huge *******s, and there's no way to avoid that. I had the fact that I'm a girl on my side, I suppose, because no one was really going to try to start a fight with a little girl... BUT, they're still pretty damn unreasonable.

My dad and I have had numerous things thrown at us. The raw eggs at our tailgate was the worst. One of them hit the frying pan dead on, though. That was pretty funny. One year, after we had won, some skins fan got his tire slashed. It's usually safer when we lose... but it's not like I'm going to hope for failure.

Yeah, it can be scary but it's still alot of fun. If I wasn't at school for the games, I'd most definitely be there for every one. You can wear all black and give high fives under your seats like other lame Skins fans... but Mark the Homer and I always broadcasted our fandom pretty loud and proud. We're not pansies... and you shouldn't be either! I say go... definitely go!

I've been. I cheered like crazy - nobody in my section seemed to notice or care enough to bother me. I intentionally did not wear my colors though. I know myself well enough that I would not be able to take having beers thrown at me all day. And the moment you try to stand up for yourself, things could get really ugly in a hurry. Go, have fun, cheer like crazy. But wear your colors at your own risk.

1. Root for the Redskins during the game, don't EVER BASH the Eagles.

2. Pregame - Tailgate at the above mentioned tailgate, or don't plan on tailgating, just walk right into the stadium when it opens up (i believe 11:30 or 10:30?)

3. you will start @$$hole chants, f%@k you chants, and hear every curse and dis you can think of from your car to the stadium just by walking, don't let it bother you just walk right by.

4. If anything soft like popcorn or something gets thrown at you, then ignore it. anything that hurts, fight at your own risk! Hehe.

5. don't go to the bathroom at halftime!

The worst things that happened to me were:

1. A beer cup thrown at me, right in the head. but it was empty and didnt hurt obvoiously, i didnt even turn around to look at it. Also popcorn same day.

2. I went to the bathroom right before halftime. I waited in line for 10 minutes before I was next to go. I was hearing crap the ENTIRE time I was in there, and nervous about the big dude behind me. Well he was the nicest (at the time) out of all of them…he talked football the entire time and was saying nice things about the skins. The only problem though, once I was next in line…he got me by the back of my jersey, and drug me (I willingly just went with it after he told me I was going to end up in the back of the line somehow), and he put me in the back of a longer line (about 15 minute wait). He was cheered as he walked up front to take my spot… 

To the OP regarding this quote:

Why even put yourself through this ****? Eagles fans have so much pent up aggression fromnot winning anything, that they do what an abused child does to their son when they have one. They beat on him.

This is what you should do.. trust me:

1. Log on to stub hub and sell the seat for a bit over face value.

2. Use money for sold ticket and log onto stub hub again

3. Purchase Fed Ex field tickets to an Eagles Skins game for face value.

4. Enjoy the away game in the comfort and safety of your own

5. Use the profits to buy beer for your tailgate.

or, you could go to the game and deal with the **** above. Easy choice if you ask me.

i went to an iggles game last year. the one where cooley caught that awesome fade. i think it was week 2. at any rate, we won.

however...

not being a big baby, i wore all my skins stuff. i had my hat and jersey.... and a cape.

i have an old fleece blanket back from the late 80's i got as a kid. i clamped it around my shoulders. it was awesome.

the iggles fans, needless to say, did not like me.

i had the blanket torn off, things thrown at me, drunken old men in my face, girls screaming at me. i am not a small guy, but i was very intimidated. i had a buddy who was older with me, he had a mohawk and an old school jersey on. we found that if one was going to go into the concourse, the other had to as well. the bathrooms were covered in piss. the people in the bathrooms were unrully to the point that i was afraid to go in. i saw 2 fights. at one point i did have a staff member tell me he would hold the line and let my friend an i go without the iggles fans being in there. i thought it was nice, but i declined and just went back to my seat.

i have never had so many people call me an ******* at one time.

this is NOT a safe place to bring a child.

Having never personally been to the Linc I can't say one way or another how much **** you will have to take for being a Skins fan..

However, I do know that back in the '80s when Cheif Zee went there and the Redskins won some of the Eagles fans broke both his legs and tossed him in a nearby creek...

As long as your not sitting in the upper level youll be fine. If you sit up there I would not recommend wearing your skins gear. Ill share my experience with you

I went to a game about 6 years ago with a buddy of mine from college who had season tickets in the level below the uppers for the iggles games. His dad told me I could not go wearing the burgundy and gold. I trusted him.

When the Skins came out of the tunnel before the game an older guy probably in his 60s stood up and started clapping for the Skins, just clapping not yelling or anything. He was wearing an old Skins hat covered in pins and buttons from the glory days. Out of nowhere some idiot iggle fan comes up from behind him, takes the hat off of his head and throws it down towards the lower level. The old man was devestated, you could tell that hat meant alot to him and now it was gone forever.

At that point I decided not to get too excited when we made big plays, more or less just sat on my hands. We were down by 8 with a little under a minute to go with Patrick Ramsey hit Darnerian McCants on a post route to put us within 2. I couldnt hold back anymore and stood up and started going crazy! Within seconds I was hit with beer bottles, sodas, trash, popcorn, and who knows what else. Ramsey then overthrew a wide open Lavernues Toes on the 2 point conversion and I left that stadium with a bitter taste in my mouth vowing to never return!

Im sure youll be fine bro, just dont try to be a tough guy while youre up there.

I was at that same game! I was also in the upper level, didn't wear a jersey, but had a maroon/burgundy sweatshirt on. I would clap when the skins did well, wasn't a jackass, but there was a fat, balding 40-something year old eagles fan who would jostle me from behind at at one point offered to fight. I told him not to touch me again. He got so drunk he couldnt talk after the first quarter and would merely groan loudly. His buddy would call for a "sideline pass!" on every play the eagles had. By the 3rd quarter, the fatty was running up and down the steps rubbing his tummy while his fellow fans chanted "Buddha Buddha!" He finally got ejected along with his pal.

Oh, I also freaked out and stood up when Ramsey made that throw. What happened the next 20 seconds was agonizing though. :doh:

Glad this thread popped up, because I am going to the game this year as well. And I'm taking my wife! It will just be the two of us, no other reinforcements. She isn't a big Skins fan necessarily, but I got her a Portis jersey that she wears out of courtesey for me :) I am debating telling her to go incognito, but if I have my jersey on and she's with me, I think they'll put two and two together.

I've been to two games in the Vet...once when I was a little kid and again in 1995 to see a Skins-Eagles game. We lost that game in OT and we were WAY up in the upper level, but I don't recall anything horrible taking place to me personally....but they DID literally set a Redskins hat on fire in our section.

I'm thinking about splurging for club seats to this game...for anyone who knows...is that a better idea?

I've heard that the Linc is just like any other place when it comes to the club level...a lot of wine and cheesers. Be prepared to pay top dollar, but you'll definitely be free of worry.

First off, no self respecting Redskins fan would ever bring a Cowboy fan to Fed Ex. If I found out I sold you my tickets and you gave them to Cowboys fans I would ask for them back and gladly give you a refund. My nephew is a Cowboys fan, his older Brother, my other nephew is a Skins fan.

I gave him the Redkins fan, tickets a couple of years ago to see the Skins play the Chargers, I didn't ask him who he was taking. You know the game we lost in overtime. He took my Puke fan nephew to the game, I was pissed.

You deserve to be harassed for bringing Puke fans to the game.

I agree. My non-sports fan friends tease me to no end because I'm so particular about that kind of thing. First of all, I go to all of the games, including preseason. But if I needed to unload a game, you can bet that it wouldn't be a Dallas fan sitting in my seats (regardless of who the opponent is), and there wouldn't be a fan of that week's opponent either. I risked loosing my job two years ago because a client that knew a Titans fan wanted my tickets for the Tennessee game. I refused on the basis that my tickets are my personal seats paid for with my own money, and not the property of the company. My boss wasn't happy with me and I think he seriously considered some sort of disciplinary action (they threatened to pull their business), but he ultimately realized that I was right I guess.

My birthday was this past weekend and I was so lucky to receive Redskins-Eagles tickets from my girlfriend who is an Eagles fan who lives in Delaware. The issue I have and I guess question for the board is, how safe is it at the Linc for skins fans, and what recent stories can you guys share with me to either ease my worries or encourage me to invest in a flak jacket..

Good news - the Linc is tamer than the Vet on average.

Bad news - the upper deck is still off limits. Stay lower or club level, no Redskins stuff, and no visible cheering.

Get your vaccinations up to date beforehand also... as well as a rabies shot.

Archived