Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Request For Advice on Having a Jersey Signed (MET)

pR0JEkT 21

Totally understand, however I would not be interested in selling it, it's strictly for my Redskins collection, love the Redskins too much to try and make money off em'! :)

I was just reading this when the irony of this statement hit me. Think of how it would be if Dan Snyder thought the same way you do.

I agree. I got over that a long time ago. I wouldn't even bother the players. Unless your in the business of selling autographs what's the point. Come to think of it what's the point of selling autographs. This world has gone mad.

I was pretty much in the same camp but when you have kids you do it for them. You have to make sure your kid grows up as a Skins fan.

I went to fan appreciation day and when I found myself amongst our great players all of a sudden - all I had was the white t-shirt they were handing out so I got Cooley, Smoot, Portis, and JT sig on it. There are no numbers or anything but it did feel really awesome to be standing next to these players and having them sign on your memorabilia. :cool:

Oh yeah I will frame it and put it in my son's room along with JG signed hat. :)

I know how much everybody would love to have a signed jersey by a Redskins player..now I have a question on what you guys would do in this instance. Say you were able to have a player sign an authentic jersey, don't matter who it is..ok, say your favorite player or whatever. Now you plan to get the jersey and not wear it just post in in a frame display at the house..would you just have the player sign it and post his number on it like a typical signing or would you have him sign it and have a personal message made to you? Go ahead guys give me your opinion! :D :dallasuck

I got Moss to sign on my Moss jersey......that was cool enough.

Said jersey is now retired and hanging in my closet. :)

Yea most athelets, stars etc or skeptical to sign anymore due to the number of people who turn around and sell it for profit. I always try to get them to personalize it. :point2sky

Those are my thoughts, exactly, especially if the player signed it for free.

The whole selling of signatures is one more thing that has soured me on the whole memorabilia market.

I think autographed jerseys are a great piece of memorabilia, no matter how they sign them. I generally think personalizations look clumsy on them and better on a ball or something. Just the name and number is fine for me. I got Cooley to sign an authentic at the auto show a few years back and got Washington to sign an authentic at TC last year, and they look great on my wall next to my Arenas jersey.

I ordered a Reed Doughty jersey. I like representing the players who dont get much fan attention. I was at the Bills game and I was the only one with a Smoot jersey. I thought it was kinda odd :-/

Which is why I proudly wear my James Thrash jersey to some games.

Totally understand, however I would not be interested in selling it, it's strictly for my Redskins collection, love the Redskins too much to try and make money off em'! :)

Go with the personalization, it's a nice personal touch. A lot of times with signings, the athletes charge a ridiculous amount for a personalization, if you can get it free or cheap, I say go for it.

I'm not one for selling my memorabilia too, so a personalization is a good way to get a personal angle on your item.

Archived