Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Those Muthaf*cking French Ba$tards!!!!!

Johnny Punani2

BOULOGNE-SUR-MER, France - Vandals have spray-painted insults and slogans against the conflict in Iraq (news - web sites) on monuments at a British World War I cemetery in northern France.

"Dig up your rubbish, it's contaminating our soil," read one insult painted in red at the base of a cenotaph at the Etaples cemetery 200 kilometers (150 miles) north of Paris.

Other graffiti, which officials said were painted overnight March 26-27, hurled invective against British Prime Minister Tony Blair (news - web sites) and U.S. President George W. Bush (news - web sites).

Officials said on Tuesday they have opened an investigation into the scrawlings, which were all removed last week. The attack was discovered by British tourists who took photos of it.

The cemetery contains the tombs of British soldiers killed on the Western Front.

France has been an outspoken opponent of the war in Iraq, while the British government has joined the United States in military action. Polls show some 80 percent of French also oppose the war.

But Jack Lang, a lawmaker from the region and a former culture minister, said defacing a monument to the war dead is no way to express opposition to the war.

"Our disagreement with the American and British governments should in no way authorize an attack on the memory of men who have sacrificed themselves for our countries," he said in a statement.

I HATE those SOB's with a passion now!!!!

:box: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :box: :box:

Even Chirac apologized for this. From my travels in France, most French, particularly the older ones, are certainly grateful for Americans for liberating them. There are monuments all over France to fallen Americans. This doesn't change my view of them at all except insofar as it's happening at a time when our philosophical differences are at their peak.

I posted these quotes on another thread, but this thread seems more appropriate for the French bashing:

"France has neither winter nor summer nor morals. Apart from these drawbacks it is a fine country. France has usually been governed by prostitutes." ---Mark Twain

"I just love the French. They taste like chicken!"

---- Hannibal Lecter

While speaking to the Hoover Institution today, Secretary Donald Rumsfeld was asked this question:

"Could you tell us why to date at least the Administration doesn't favor direct talks with the North Korean government? After all, we're talking with the French."

The Secretary smiled and replied:

"I'm not going there!"

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me."

--- General George S. Patton

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."

--Norman Schwartzkopf

"We can stand here like the French, or we can do something about it."

---- Marge Simpson

"As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure"

---Jacques Chirac, President of France

"As far as France is concerned, you're right."

---Rush Limbaugh,

"The only time France wants us to go to war is when the German Army is sitting in Paris sipping coffee."

--- Regis Philbin

There was a Frenchman, an Englishman and Claudia Schiffer sitting together in a carriage in a train going through Provence. Suddenly the train went through a tunnel and as it was an old style train, there were no lights in the carriages and it went completely dark. Then there was a kissing noise and the sound of a really loud slap. When the train came out of the tunnel, Claudia Schiffer and the Englishman were sitting as if nothing had happened and the Frenchman had his hand against his face as if he had been slapped there. The Frenchman was thinking: 'The English fella must have kissed Claudia Schiffer and she missed him and slapped me instead.' Claudia Schiffer was thinking: 'The French fella must have tried to kiss me and actually kissed the Englishman and got slapped for it.' And the Englishman was thinking: 'This is great. The next time the train goes through a tunnel I'll make another kissing noise and slap that French ******* again.'

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better, on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why this is more stylish than sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know."

--- P.J O'Rourke (1989)

Next time there's a war in Europe, the loser has to keep France.

An old saying:

Raise your right hand if you like the French....

Raise both hands if you are French.

"You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of the 1940s who was still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't have the face for it."

---John McCain, U.S. Senator from Arizona

"You know why the French don't want to bomb Saddam Hussein? Because he hates America, he loves mistresses and wears a beret. He is French, people."

--Conan O'Brien

"I don't know why people are surprised that France won't help us get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans out of France!"

---Jay Leno

"The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag."

--David Letterman

How many Frenchmen does it take to change a light bulb?

One. He holds the bulb and all of Europe revolves around him.

Neil Bortz had a good one today:

Why were British soldiers refered to as "Red coats"?

British officers wore red coats so that if they were shot the blood would blend in with the red coat worn by the officer, thus not giving the troops reason to panic. French officers wore brown trousers.....

Originally posted by Chris 44

Neil Bortz had a good one today:

Why were British soldiers refered to as "Red coats"?

British officers wore red coats so that if they were shot the blood would blend in with the red coat worn by the officer, thus not giving the troops reason to panic. French officers wore brown trousers.....

That's f*cking great man. I love it.

As for those ingrates, I have no idea what the general opinion is in there country (because I don't give a f*ck) right now, but it is my opinion along with many Americans that it will take ALOT on THEIR part to close the rift that has separated our two countries.

Archived