Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poignant moment before Sunday's game

localskinsfan

As the Skins' players were out on the field warming up in t-shirts around 6:30 on Sunday night, the big screens were playing a review of last year's Redskins season game by game (maybe it's something NFL films made?). When the part talking about Sean began, I thought, "Oh no, they don't need to see this right before a game!" However, as they began talking about his death and the reaction by the Skins, I looked down to see Clinton Portis and about 8-10 other guys gathered in a group at midfield looking up at the screens. They just stood there until the section on Sean ended and then just went back to what they were doing. I'm sorry I didn't think about taking a picture because I was so struck with how they handled it. I thought you all might appreciate a peek into how they are handling their emotions this year.

As the Skins' players were out on the field warming up in t-shirts around 6:30 on Sunday night, the big screens were playing a review of last year's Redskins season game by game (maybe it's something NFL films made?). When the part talking about Sean began, I thought, "Oh no, they don't need to see this right before a game!" However, as they began talking about his death and the reaction by the Skins, I looked down to see Clinton Portis and about 8-10 other guys gathered in a group at midfield looking up at the screens. They just stood there until the section on Sean ended and then just went back to what they were doing. I'm sorry I didn't think about taking a picture because I was so struck with how they handled it. I thought you all might appreciate a peek into how they are handling their emotions this year.

I noticed this and I think my bro took a photo of the guys. I believe the group included JC as well. I thought it was a pretty touching moment to see the guys there watching.

A poignant moment indeed.

On the telecast, I saw a sign during a crowd shot that honored Sean while honoring inductees Art and Darrell. The numbers 81 and 28 were crossed to offer a subtle tribute to Sean

Thats coo i wish someone coulda took a pic of it sounds great.

On the telecast, I saw a sign during a crowd shot that honored Sean while honoring inductees Art and Darrell. The numbers 81 and 28 were crossed to offer a subtle tribute to Sean

Thats cool i wish someone coulda took a pic of it sounds great.

I saw this also. I thought...wow how creative to include Sean in w/their numbers.

Yeah, I saw this as well. Gave me chills. What an awesome weekend, all in all. Also, watching our current players walk over to congratulate Art and Darrell as they were introduced on the field was incredible, imo.

Archived