Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schefter signing autographs @ HOF Game?

RedskinPryde

Autographs and autograph seekers are a waste of time.

Gotta disagree with that one. Autographs of Cowboys are a waste of time. Autographs from Redskins are cool. Especially if you have older players like Sonny Jurgensen, Billy Kilmer and my prized sig......Sammy Baugh.

If you're asking Adam Schefter for his autograph...I just don't know what to say about that. :doh:

Well it was on NFL Total Access. Everyone asking for them was ranging from 5-8. They just think he was important.

He even looked at the camera once and was like, is this a joke? Why is someone asking me for my autograpgh.

I found the entire thing hilarious. Rich Eisen and Marshall Faulk we cracking up at it.

I used to be into autographs...but I once had my Redskins football signed by about 20 players in a few years ago on one of the first days of training camp. I think 17 of them were cut before the season. That football was the first one thrown around the parking lot on opening day.

No more for me...

Agreed, LoD.

We had so many players walk around us it was insane. I was next to Joe Theismann, shook hands with Gary Clark, Ricky Sanders, Doc Walker, Ken Harvey, and Charles Mann. I had John Elway and Tom Jackson walk right past me. I got autographs from a ton of guys. They are all going up in my baby's nursery :-) It was funny when I told the guys what I was doing with the autographs. They were all happy I was planning on raising my baby right. lol

The highlight for me was sitting there with Chief Zee through the enshrinement speeches. That was too cool. What a great guy.

So I just saw this on TV, Adam Schefter signing autographs to young redskin fans.

Marshall Faulk also added whether Schefter put a number with his signature... :laugh:

Thoughts on this...

You realize those kids were his family members. :laugh: No real Skins fan's kid would do that.

Adam Schefter was a MOnk basher always saying he's has no signature play I don't really like the guy.

The "signature play" argument is the most ludicrous of all. There are lots of Hall of Famers who never even played in a Super Bowl, much less had a "signature play." The "signature play" argument is what you pull out when you simply can't refute the numbers.

What exactly IS a signature play, anyway? Could there be a more subjective criterion than that? It's not enough to just be one of the greatest players to ever play his position?

In baseball, if you put up the numbers, you're in. If you don't, you're out. Simple as that. This "signature play" nonsense is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.

If you did a "signature play" test on every existing Hall of Fame player in Canton, I'd venture to say a large percentage of them wouldn't have any readily identifiable "signature play."

Either you were a great player or you weren't. Cut the ****. Breaking the all-time career receptions record isn't a signature play? Setting the single season record for catches in a season isn't a signature play? Setting the all-time record for consecutive games with at least one catch isn't a signature play? **** off.

This "signature play" nonsense is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.

If you did a "signature play" test on every existing Hall of Fame player in Canton, I'd venture to say a large percentage of them wouldn't have any readily identifiable "signature play."

Timmy Smith had a few signature plays in the Super Bowl...perhaps he should make it on to the ballot next year? :)

Also, Trent Dilfer was solid in the Super Bowl for the Ravens. Hopefully he won't get overlooked when the time comes.

If a signature play is all that it really takes...then it is a crime of epic purportions that Dwight Clark isn't in yet.

If you were a Dad, sitting there with those kids, do you let your kids recieve autographs from Adam Schefter because of...

A.) They are little kids and let them have fun

B.) Have fun at watching your kids ask Adam Schefter for an autograph.

Tough call there...

But on a serious note I see some people talk about signatures and autograph signings as non-important. But to have a piece of true memorabilia of Redskins History, or to have something like a Sean Taylor autograph ball means more now than it ever did before. You really don't appreciate it as much until its gone.

Archived