Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

STB21's Players to Watch For The Rest of Pre-Season

CRobi21

Good afternoon all! What a great day today is! I haven't pooped my pants today at all, and I leveled up in Rainbow Six: Vegas 2! So, inspired by having a good day, I figured I'd give you guys some players to watch out for for the rest of pre-season. These are guys that you could call dark-horses if you will, some well over the borderline to make the team, and some well below it, and some right on the line.

These are all guys I've had my eye on since the first day of training camp, and some are players we just picked up. With the 1st string only playing a couple of series a game, this is a good way to still have fun watching the game when the subs are in there.

With no further adou, here they are, STB21's players to watch for the rest of pre-season, in no particualr order:

1) 75384609jg1.jpg LB #46 Alfred Fincher http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=96 Status : Active

There wasn't much talk of him after last night's game. But when he got in there and made a nice play batting the QBs pass down at the line, I was like, who the **** is wearing #46 in defense. He then turned around and I saw the last name. He looked to have decent speed out there, and made several nice but quiet plays out there last night. With a thin LB corps, he might be one to watch out for.

2) LB1J0472goode2.jpgTE #85 Jason Goode http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=1743 Status : Active

A UMD guy. He got some threads made on him last night. He had his ups and downs last night. His best play was easily that seem route down the middle that he caught from Colt for about a 20+ yard gain. But with 2 proven vets in front of him, and just drafted Fred Davis, he may have a hard time finding a roster spot. But he's still gonna be a fun one to watch.

3) LB1J0268holt2.jpgCB #38 Cedrick Holt http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=144 Status : Active

I first noticed this guy by his performance in the intra-squad scrimmage on fan appreciation day. He was impressive, batting away balls. And recording a forced fumble when he up=ended Nemo Broughton. I was looking out for him last night, but didn't hear his name mentioned too often, but that's not always a bad thing for a CB. Kid's got some skill.

4) LB1J0589horton2.jpg S #48 Chris Horton http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=6764 Status : Active

Anyone who watched the game last night probably knows who #48's name, yep the dude with the dreds. After he was drafted, there were mixed threads with his positives and negatives. But he's VERY aggressive, and packs a big punch when he hits you. VERY good blitzing ability. He keeps up what he did last night, not only will he make the team, he might see sufficient playing time come regular season.

5) LB1J0511jacksonrob2.jpgDE #98 Rob Jackson http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=80 Status : Active

Another draft pick who showed flashes last night. It was kicked around last night, but he looks like a young Phillip Daniels out there, in terms of build. For a 7th Rd pick, putting up one sack, and coming close to another is a good sigh. Keep an eye out.

6) LB1J0541matteral2.jpgCB #40 Matteral Richardson http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=6792 Status : Active

He impressed most last night with his Pick-6 in the game. But I've been impressed with the kid since day one. He's GREAT at playing the ball, as you saw last night. He recorded an INT in the intra-squad scrimmage when he picked off Todd Collins in the end zone. Watch this kid, he could be a good one.

7) 71489542oso2.jpgBabatunde Ohsinowo http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=6345 Status : Active

This grizzly sum ***** was getting fired up last night. :laugh: With only being for the team a couple of days, he showed he was quite comfortable inside this defense. He made a few plays last night, and overall, I'm just afraid of the guy's name alone. We'll see what he can do.

00) LB #51 Danny Verdun http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=1236 Status : Cut

He was acquired late last year as a FA, and we didn't see much from him. He had a quiet camp, but showed some speed last night as a LB running down some people. He could contribute as a special teamer if he were to make the team.

Honorable Mention:

Of course all the rookies who were drafted. I figured they were going to be followed very closely anyways. But especially looking at Colt Brennan, Malcolm and Devin, Rinehart on the line, and those I've mentioned above.

2nd Year Players: Marcus Mason, Byron Westbrook, Leigh Torrence, and Maurice Mann.

Just trying to keep the 2nd halves of these games fun to watch, if it weren't for you to begin with. I sure as hell know I was still pumped to watch the 2nd half. So for some of the new fans we just got this April, and for people that have no idea who the back-ups are, watch out for these guys.

Feel free to add your own to the list.

:cheers:

4) S #48 Chris Horton http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=6764 :

Anyone who watched the game last night probably knows who #48's name, yep the dude with the dreds. After he was drafted, there were mixed threads with his positives and negatives. But he's VERY aggressive, and packs a big punch when he hits you. VERY good blitzing ability. He keeps up what he did last night, not only will he make the team, he might see sufficient playing time come regular season.

--------------

First great thread, and maybe you want to keep it active and follow up with them. I personally watch the defensive backfield quite a bit and I think next game I will try and pay more attention to Rob Jackson and the LBer's you mentioned. Count me as a fan of Horton as the guy seemed to be all over the place even when totally out of the play he came back and got in on many. The hustle shown last night, if carried through out preseason, will earn him a roster spot.

7) LB #51 Danny Verdun http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=1236 Status : Cut

He was acquired late last year as a FA, and we didn't see much from him. He had a quiet camp, but showed some speed last night as a LB running down some people. He could contribute as a special teamer if he were to make the team.

Honorable Mention:

2nd Year Players: Marcus Mason, Byron Westbrook, Leigh Torrence, and Maurice Mann.

Just trying to keep the 2nd halves of these games fun to watch, if it weren't for you to begin with. I sure as hell know I was still pumped to watch the 2nd half. So for some of the new fans we just got this April, and for people that have no idea who the back-ups are, watch out for these guys.

Feel free to add your own to the list.

Danny Verdun-Wheeler was just cut

Byron Westbrook was getting owned in Blocks by WR and he fumbled a kick

Maurice Mann also fumbled a kick

These guys need to tighten it up...except Verdun... he just needs to find another team :laugh:

I agree with all others

Danny Verdun-Wheeler was just cut

Byron Westbrook was getting owned in Blocks by WR and he fumbled a kick

Maurice Mann also fumbled a kick

These guys need to tighten it up...except Verdun... he just needs to find another team :laugh:

I agree with all others

As soons as started this thread up, the thread about Schweigert and Verdun popped up!

:laugh:

I updated it. Notice that status to the right of their name, Danny Verdun .... Status : Cut

Only thing I would say about Horton is that he came in untouched on his blitzes. Playing against a starting offensive line I wouldn't expect a straight shot at the quarterback like that. Not twice in one game at any rate.

Usually when a DB blitzes he has a straight shot at the QB.... It happens so infrequently, the O-Line are looking at down linmen and LBs... There is usually an impact from a corner or safety blitz....at least the majority of the time.

STB - you forgot Colt.

With all of the discussions we've had on your previous threads, I figured he'd be first on your list :evil:

:laugh:

Everyone and their mother knows about Colt. Know need to mention him. This thread definitely serves its prupose.

Only thing I would say about Horton is that he came in untouched on his blitzes. Playing against a starting offensive line I wouldn't expect a straight shot at the quarterback like that. Not twice in one game at any rate.

My thoughts exactly! Im worried we are hyping him too much and that cutting Stu will be a mistake.

I think Chad Rinehart is going to be a starter for the Redskins inside, perhaps as soon as the second half of 2008. I can't see Pete Kendall with his knees playing 16 games.

Another player I think will make a big contribution is Malcolm Kelly. Despite the knee scope I also expect Kelly to be challenging for a starting job by the end of the season. He will be an important WR on third downs to start the season.

Of the more unheralded players, I can also see Chris Horton making a mark on special teams.

for the first time in a number of years the Redskins are going into a season with a locker room that is united, there are few if any prima donnas on the team to distract from the focus and the players seem genuinely enthused about the systems they are in.

for all the stability he brought to the equation, Joe Gibbs stiffled the offense and the growth of Jason Campbell by an over-conservative streak. This was exacerbated by the fact Campbell seemed to receive little positive instruction on how to play the position.

Bill Lazor as qb coach?

Let's not even start to compare a guy that was a quality control assistant several years ago to a guy like Zorn that is a true NFLer.

1) LB #46 Alfred Fincher http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=96 Status : Active

There wasn't much talk of him after last night's game. But when he got in there and made a nice play batting the QBs pass down at the line, I was like, who the **** is wearing #46 in defense. He then turned around and I saw the last name. He looked to have decent speed out there, and made several nice but quiet plays out there last night. With a thin LB corps, he might be one to watch out for.

Be careful getting your hopes up too high on this one, STB21. He's a product of UCONN. You know, the school known for its BASKETBALL teams, not its football teams. They were still playing teams like the U of Buffalo and UMASS when Fincher was there; and he hasn't exactly lit it up during his four years in the NFL. I'll agree he looked decent last night, but don't get your hopes for him up too high.

Be careful getting your hopes up too high on this one, STB21. He's a product of UCONN. You know, the school known for its BASKETBALL teams, not its football teams. They were still playing teams like the U of Buffalo and UMASS when Fincher was there; and he hasn't exactly lit it up during his four years in the NFL. I'll agree he looked decent last night, but don't get your hopes for him up too high.

Thanks for the insight MSF!

Yea, I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Just guys to keep an eye on more than anything.

Archived