Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Exceeding Expectations.

Art

nice article...

As much as everyone may say "its only preseason" we have learned in past years that it really is a reflection of how our team will play.

My expectations for this team is through the roof. But not because of the Hall of Fame game.

In the past couple of years, this team has been a playoff team on paper.

The fact that we have a new head coach is an asset, not a weakness. He has made JC look crisp and professional, the offense runs smoothly...Yes its only preseason, but its painfully obvious how much better things are now under Zorn. Even if the regular season doesnt go this well, it will certainly be an upgrade for all the reasons mentioned in the OP.

Im confident all our weapons will be utilized. (finally!)

Plus we have a star in the making in Laron Landry.

We had a great draft!

and finally....

Ive said it before, we are adding 9 starters to our 9-7 playoff team.

We are adding 9 starters to our 9-7 playoff team!

We are upgrading 9 frickin positions from our 9-7 playoff team!!!!!!!!!!!!

1= Jason Campbell

2= Randy Thomas

3= Jon Jansen

4= Devin Thomas

5= Malcolm Kelly

6= Rocky Mac

7= Carlos Rogers

8= Jason Taylor

9= Fred Davis

If that doesnt make you optomistic about one heck of a year for the Redskins, i dunno what will.

We are upgrading 9 frickin positions from our 9-7 playoff team!!!!!!!!!!!!

1= Jason Campbell

2= Randy Thomas

3= Jon Jansen

4= Devin Thomas

5= Malcolm Kelly

6= Rocky Mac

7= Carlos Rogers

8= Jason Taylor

9= Fred Davis

If that doesnt make you optomistic about one heck of a year for the Redskins, i dunno what will.

Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelly won't be starters in the first game of the regular season. No upgrades there as of yet.

Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelly won't be starters in the first game of the regular season. No upgrades there as of yet.

Is it safe to say Santana and ARE will be better than last season? Ide bet on it.

Not to mention James Thrash is back.

do-whatever-it-takes frankenstien type of thing

Well back in the late 70's this dude loved the body and neck from a stratocaster, but he wanted the pickups from a Gibson. At the time, Strats came with single coils and Gibsons came with humbuckers (doubled coils). That is how it was. This dude pulled out the double coils from an old Gibson, melted some wax in a pot, dipped the coils in the pot (to eliminate too much squeal) and bingo! Then he hand routed out the body to put the pickup in at an angle, and did a custom paint job with some Schwinn bicycle paint. All of this on his own, no copying someone else.

Guess what? The dudes sound was like nothing we ever heard, and his style was off the wall...

He called it Frankenstrat...

EVH_frankenstrat.jpg

I can dig if this Zorn cat comes up with his own style. Makes it harder for other teams to defend, and plays to the strength of the coaches and players. Franken-offense anyone?

Seems like we had another guy that came in and kinda did the same thing once...I forget his name. He came from 15 years of lower level coaching, outta no where, and look where he got us...

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Archived