Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP : Kareem Moore Dressed for First Action

CRobi21

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Posted at 9:45 AM ET, 07/29/2008

Schweigert and Moore Back at Work (Updated)

The Redskins are on the field for the morning practice and Jason La Canfora calls with this update from the field:

Shawn Springs continues to take reps at safety and Stuart Schweigert and Kareem Moore are in pads and practicing in 11-on-11 work. Khary Campbell continues to work in Rocky McIntosh's spot during team drills.

Zarnell Fitch, signed by the team Monday, has indeed been waived. The team has signed another defensive lineman, but he is not practicing yet. We'll get the details after practice.

Carlos Rogers and Rocky McIntosh are in uniform, but the team continues to make sure they don't overdo it.

H.B. Blades is scheduled to have arthroscopic knee surgery today.

The following usual suspects are not in pads and are working with athletic trainers: Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, Anthony Mix, LaRon Landry, Erasmus James and Chris Wilson.

Others missing from practice are Anthony Montgomery and Rian Wallace, both of whom had hand surgery Monday; and Eric Shelton, who has shoulder and neck problems.

Anyone know if Malcolm Kelly is going to play on Sunday?

I don't believe he is expected to but can't recall where I may have read that.

Anthony Mix better get healthy if he wants to compete for a spot on this team. The way I see it he is #6 at best right now and I thought McMullen looked good at the one day of TC I went to.

Anyone know if Malcolm Kelly is going to play on Sunday?

Coach Zorn said today that Kelly COULD see action on Sunday, but my feeling is eventually he wll decide not to play him.

Either that, or I am still feeling the leftover vibes of Coach Gibbs. :)

Whatever happened to Tryon? Last I heard, he was running his mouth about being the best since you name it, but he hasn't been mentioned in weeks. Should we start checking the milk cartons?
'

hes been mentioned in most of the training camp recaps..hes been doing great coverage against the wr's and i believe grabbed a pass or two. i think hes just probably seeing a little less next to torrence/westbrook.

Good to see Moore out there. There was some pretty good internal buzz about the guy, enough so that we drafted a player who was injured.

Hopefully he's 100% and the staff can verify the hopes we had for him. From the camp updates it sounded like Horton was playing pretty decent football, so he has his work cut out for him.

Good to see Moore out there. There was some pretty good internal buzz about the guy, enough so that we drafted a player who was injured.

Hopefully he's 100% and the staff can verify the hopes we had for him. From the camp updates it sounded like Horton was playing pretty decent football, so he has his work cut out for him.

yea from what i read and hear chris horton is doing really well. gonna be tough on moore im sure, then again we invested a pick on him knowing he was injured so who knows.

Whatever happened to Tryon? Last I heard, he was running his mouth about being the best since you name it, but he hasn't been mentioned in weeks. Should we start checking the milk cartons?

I was at camp for 3 days and tryon looked good very good man to man skills. had at least one pick and afew batted away he'll be corner mid way through the season plus he's a return guy too

Archived