Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Donaghy sentenced to 15 months in prison

Fletch_Lives59

Guest sith lord

I which that there was more of an investigation on what he said about the NBA in general. I tend to agree with it.

I got to jump in here.

The reason his sentence is the way it is is because he cooperated with the feds.

It used to be that the feds had sentencing guidelines. The SCOTUS did away with that a couple of years ago with Booker/Fanfan. That being said almost all federal judges still bow down to the old guidelines. They only depart in very, very rare circumstances. The most usual, by far, is the cooperation of the defendent with the government.

So Donaghey projected out at 33 months. He got half of that for cooperating which is very normal. In the end he'll end up doing 85% of that 15.

LOL at the people calling the justice/prison system a joke. The feds get a 97% conviction rate. Hardly a joke.

I'm glad the guidelines were done away with.

The guidelines were utter bull****.

Next up is the mandatory-minimums. I saw a 20 year old mom sentenced to 10 years for a small role in a drug transaction. She wasn't a bad person in the least. Her brothers were dealers and she just got caught up.

The judge almost started crying because he had no choice. The whole courtroom had tears. Beyond ****ed up. I'll never forget that.

Next up is the mandatory-minimums. I saw a 20 year old mom sentenced to 10 years for a small role in a drug transaction. She wasn't a bad person in the least. Her brothers were dealers and she just got caught up.

The judge almost started crying because he had no choice. The whole courtroom had tears. Beyond ****ed up. I'll never forget that.

Not defenting Donaghy. But, your comparing apples and oranges. Gambling is not as serious as drugs.

But the WOD is necessary :excited: :rolleyes:

Archived