Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

200s Obstructed View question.

GoSkins8921

Ok well I've only sat in the 200s once. It was 238 and I was in the front row and there were only like 10 rows in our section so from this I couldn't really get any idea of the answer to my question. I could see across the field though that the other 200 sections had rows going way up and posts that could get in your way. It looked to me like if you were in the really high rows in the 200s that you wouldn't be able to see the field at all because of the overhang, especially if you stand up.

So basically what I'm asking is if anybody here has ever sat in those seats or at least gone and seen the view from there, how bad is the obstruction? I've heard that sometimes you can't see the ball during high passes and punts which is no big deal to me, but I'm just afraid that people are just saying that to make it sound better than it is on ebay and ****. So yea, as much as you wanna tell me about these seats would be awesome, thanks.

Oh and yea, for what I'm looking at getting. My mom and nephew wanna go to a game but he's 8 and when he was like 5 and went he cried about being too high and unable to see in 419, and my mom's been in 419 before and wants to try and get lower seats, but we can't pay like $135 a ticket(cheapest I found 3 in the 100s). I did find some 200s though for like 60-85 but a lot of them were rows 20 and up, the $84 was row 15 sideline. So what I was thinking was since that's not bad for upper level even, we could get some of those and even if they do end up being terrible it shouldn't be too hard to find 3 open seats together in the 400s for the Browns game.

Thanks guys.

I've sat in the 400's, club level, and the 200's.

I like the 200's out of them all. I sit in section 217 row 20 which is almost all the way back. You're right, you can't see the ball when it's really high up but it's not really bad at all. The main problem is the pillars. Make sure you don't get one right in front of you.:laugh:

I enjoy the section because you're close enough to actually see and enjoy the game and read the players jersey #'s. They also have plenty of t.v. sets going on right above you to show you what just happened, the score, the time, and so on. They call the area "the cave" because it's darker and can be very loud at times.:applause: The best part is, you're not vulnerable to the weather elements. If it rains, you're dry.

Hope this helps.:cheers:

I've sat in the 400's, club level, and the 200's.

I like the 200's out of them all. I sit in section 217 row 20 which is almost all the way back. You're right, you can't see the ball when it's really high up but it's not really bad at all. The main problem is the pillars. Make sure you don't get one right in front of you.:laugh:

I enjoy the section because you're close enough to actually see and enjoy the game and read the players jersey #'s. They also have plenty of t.v. sets going on right above you to show you what just happened, the score, the time, and so on. They call the area "the cave" because it's darker and can be very loud at times.:applause: The best part is, you're not vulnerable to the weather elements. If it rains, you're dry.

Hope this helps.:cheers:

Huge help man, thanks. StubHub and all that doesn't have seat numbers or anything so I guess I just gotta hope I don't end up right behind a pillar lol, but I guess it's worth it to try for as cheap as they are and then like I said, if I do end up behind a pillar we can just move, shouldn't be packed against the Browns. I'll just be sure not to risk 200s for a divisional game haha. But yea thanks, told me pretty much everything I needed to know. Oh and yea I loved it when I was in 238 except that we were lucky enough to get some old ass people behind us yelling for us to sit down so I was wishing I was in the 100s where everybody stood nonstop haha.

Huge help man, thanks. StubHub and all that doesn't have seat numbers or anything so I guess I just gotta hope I don't end up right behind a pillar lol, but I guess it's worth it to try for as cheap as they are and then like I said, if I do end up behind a pillar we can just move, shouldn't be packed against the Browns. I'll just be sure not to risk 200s for a divisional game haha. But yea thanks, told me pretty much everything I needed to know. Oh and yea I loved it when I was in 238 except that we were lucky enough to get some old ass people behind us yelling for us to sit down so I was wishing I was in the 100s where everybody stood nonstop haha.

PM Mark The Homer for detailed information on which seats are obstructed and which ones aren't.

He's our resident expert around here. If you can't get answers from him, you won't get them anywhere.

He's usually glad to help the lesser informed on this board. :)

PM Mark The Homer for detailed information on which seats are obstructed and which ones aren't.

He's our resident expert around here. If you can't get answers from him, you won't get them anywhere.

He's usually glad to help the lesser informed on this board. :)

Yea I PM'd him, I saw someone say that in another thread where someone was asking about seats. Buddy pretty much answered everything there was to answer though I think, unless certain sections don't have pillars or something like that.

I've only been to one game in FedEx and it was in 221 row 18 seats 4&5 last year when we stomped the Cowboys to make the playoffs and the only thing obstructed was high punts and about half of the left endzone due to a pillar but other than that a great view of the field. However you do feel a bit removed and like you watching the game from some maintenance hallway that overlooks the field or something. But its still fun and everyone i sat around was very cordial and kind.

I've only been to one game in FedEx and it was in 221 row 18 seats 4&5 last year when we stomped the Cowboys to make the playoffs and the only thing obstructed was high punts and about half of the left endzone due to a pillar but other than that a great view of the field. However you do feel a bit removed and like you watching the game from some maintenance hallway that overlooks the field or something. But its still fun and everyone i sat around was very cordial and kind.

Ok thanks. So you guys think the pillars being a major obstruction probably isn't real likely?

Ok thanks. So you guys think the pillars being a major obstruction probably isn't real likely?

I think that it's a crapshoot, especially for the cheaper obstructed views.

There are some seats located directly behind the pillar and the obstruction is the entire field between 25-yard lines and part of the end-zone. If you're willing to take a chance on that, then go for it. If it was me, I'd look for something else.

:2cents:

Yea I PM'd him, I saw someone say that in another thread where someone was asking about seats. Buddy pretty much answered everything there was to answer though I think, unless certain sections don't have pillars or something like that.

Can you share that thread link as I want to take my kid to a preseason game but want to be low in the 200s and not 400s. thanks

I love my OV seats, but some do suck as other people have said. It really is a crapshoot, you can have some you love but some are really terrible. Also, like the rest of the stadium, I would be wary about bringing a kid. Lots of rowdy people taking advantage of cheap tickets, lots of language because brokers sell a lot of these seats to opposing fans, and a few fights here and there.

They're probably right up against the pillar.

And, be careful, you're going to lose your sig privileges if you keep that baby up there. It's not supposed to be any bigger than mine.

Ok thanks. And oh ok I'll have to make that picture smaller haha.

Archived