Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'HUNKA' STONE: 1800 year-old Roman artifact an Elvis look-alike

China

'HUNKA' STONE

ROMAN ARTIFACT AN ELVIS-ALIKE

By HASANI GITTENS

July 25, 2008

It appears Elvis was always the King of Rock.

A 1,800-year old Roman bust that looks strikingly like Elvis Presley is set to go on the auction block in London.

The hunka hunka chiseled stone is a marble acroterion - a carved head from a sarcophagus corner - and will be part of a $2 million collection of more than 150 ancient works up for grabs Oct. 15.

Australian art collector Graham Geddes, who owns the lot, even calls the carving "Elvis."

news021a.jpg

The resemblance is so uncanny that one can almost see the country crooner's famous lip snarl and hear the twang of an acoustic guitar in the background.

The second-century bust is estimated to fetch between $50,000 and $60,000.

Click on the link for the full article

Clearly, Elvis is just a mythological construct based on older Roman celebrities.

The most conclusive evidence that

(1) Elvis was an alien.

(2) Aliens have been visiting earth for thousands of years.

(3) That HASANI GITTENS and his editors don't know anything about American contemporary culture. Elvis wasn't a "country" singer and wasn't a crooner either.

Elvis wasn't a "country" singer and wasn't a crooner either.

Elvis sang country (and Gospel, for that matter) as well as rock. And, given that he was first referred to as the "King of Rock" in the article, I think the attribution is fine.

Elvis sang country (and Gospel, for that matter) as well as rock. And, given that he was first referred to as the "King of Rock" in the article, I think the attribution is fine.

And when he was first getting into music, a crooner was what he really wanted to be. He made plenty of crooner songs later in his career.

Elvis Presly was the king of Rock and Roll. He was not a country singer, nor was he a gospel singer...

I heard Sinatra cover a beatles tune once, that didn't make him a Pop singer, nor British.

Elvis Presly was the king of Rock and Roll. He was not a country singer, nor was he a gospel singer...

I heard Sinatra cover a beatles tune once, that didn't make him a Pop singer, nor British.

Elvis was simply "The King". You're out of your mind if you don't think he was a gospel singer. He probably sang more gospel songs than rock songs.

http://shop.elvis.com.au/category74_1.htm

Archived