Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Kelly agree to terms

morpheusmeyers

Per Redskins.com. Good news!

Redskins Agree To Terms With Kelly

Redskins.com

July 11, 2008

Ashburn, VA - The Washington Redskins today announced that they have agreed to terms with second-round selection Malcolm Kelly, the 51st overall selection in the 2008 National Football League Draft. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

The wide receiver is the seventh and highest of the Redskins' 10 draft picks to sign or agree to terms. While at the University of Oklahoma, Kelly earned second-team All-Big XII honors as a sophomore and junior, before opting to enter the draft with one year of eligibility remaining. He ranks second to Mark Clayton all-time in Sooners history with 144 receptions, 21 touchdowns and nine 100-yard receiving games, and is fifth in school annals with 144 receptions.

Kelly started 33 of 38 games in three seasons at Oklahoma, including all 14 in 2007, when he caught 49 passes for 821 yards (16.8 avg.) and nine touchdowns. That followed a sophomore campaign that saw Kelly open 13 of 14 games and register 62 receptions for 993 yards (16.0 avg.) and 10 touchdowns.

The 6-foot-4, 219-pound Kelly was a Freshman All-America honorable mention and All-Big XII Freshman first-team choice by the Sporting News in 2005 when he hauled in 33 passes for 471 yards and two scores. In doing so, Kelly became the first Oklahoma freshman to lead the team in receiving since 1975. That followed a two-time all-state career at Longview High School in his hometown of Longview, Texas.

I just did like RIGHT now. OMGZ!!!1

Honestly, I love re-reading about this signing though. I think Kelly will be one of our better WRs that we have had in a long while.

Dang it PG.

Gonna cancel each other out.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived