Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Iran Gen.: Our finger is always on the trigger

ECU-ALUM

This could be good for mccain (gop is seen as the hawks and better at Natl security then the dems. However, Junior bush kind of tarnished that image) We are bogged down in 2 places are we going for 3 or do we ask the Israelis to do it?

If it comes down to it, we'll probably give Israel the green light for them to do it and then cover their ass(ets) once the shiite hits the fan.

I agree...North Korea backed down...I don't see Iran doing the same.

Like in the first gulf war we moved patriot anti missle batteries to Israel, I hope they are still there or are on the way. The assaholahs in Iran will bombard Israel but, will get it back tenfold

Like in the first gulf war we moved patriot anti missle batteries to Israel, I hope they are still there or are on the way. The assaholahs in Iran will bombard Israel but, will get it back tenfold

I agree...not to mention Israel has been waiting to go off on Iran for a while...Iran makes one false move and it's going to be go-time!

Still there. New and improved

Still there. New and improved

Yep and they are about to finish with the third generation system to stop the pissants next door with the rockets and mortars...Iron Dome :cool:

Iran might be able to get away with firing a couple of missles at Israel or at U.S. troops in Iraq without causing a regional conflict because the response might be limited. Nevertheless, if they do fire on Israel, they can kiss their nuclear facilities goodbye.

If the Iranians were to coordinate attacks on Israel or U.S. troops with Hezbollah or Al Queda or fire a barrage of missles, their armed forces will be annihilated by Israeli and U.S. forces.

The Iranians need to be careful because both Israel and the U.S. have limited conventional forces that would make it difficult for them to fight a conventional war on multiple fronts. For that reason, as a matter of survival, Israel might feel the need to resort to a nuclear response.

This is a very dangerous situation.

This could get exciting, fast.

I just want to know--if we're going to just bomb the ever living **** out of Iran and not occupy the country--as Sarge wants, why didn't we do that in Iraq?

I think all of us want to know why. I wanted to see "shock and awe" and didn't feel either of those after we attacked. But, now Iraq is getting on its feet, and the land that is currently Iran can be split between Afghanistan and Iraq.

Iran might be able to get away with firing a couple of missles at Israel or at U.S. troops in Iraq without causing a regional conflict because the response might be limited. Nevertheless, if they do fire on Israel, they can kiss their nuclear facilities goodbye.

If the Iranians were to coordinate attacks on Israel or U.S. troops with Hezbollah or Al Queda or fire a barrage of missles, their armed forces will be annihilated by Israeli and U.S. forces.

The Iranians need to be careful because both Israel and the U.S. have limited conventional forces that would make it difficult for them to fight a conventional war on multiple fronts. For that reason, as a matter of survival, Israel might feel the need to resort to a nuclear response.

This is a very dangerous situation.

I'll bet anyone 100:1 odds that Iran doesn't attack first. If there's a war, it's because we or Israel attacks them. I see their exercise today as completely rational response to our increasingly belligerent rhetoric.

Kind of off topic, but when **** hits the fan, we want an oil-loving Prez to be in charge so we can take over the oil fields that remain. Knowing Obama, he'd just say no thanks.

But back to the topic, this is a very dangerous situation and I think it was reported that Israel wants to act on this while GWB is POTUS so they know they'll be backed up in their actions. They're worried that Obama won't support their cause as much, which would be a huge mistake because through thick and thin, they have been there more than anybody else on our side. We could become imperialistic and they would still be on our side.

Kind of off topic, but when **** hits the fan, we want an oil-loving Prez to be in charge so we can take over the oil fields that remain. Knowing Obama, he'd just say no thanks.

But back to the topic, this is a very dangerous situation and I think it was reported that Israel wants to act on this while GWB is POTUS so they know they'll be backed up in their actions. They're worried that Obama won't support their cause as much, which would be a huge mistake because through thick and thin, they have been there more than anybody else on our side. We could become imperialistic and they would still be on our side.

Oh please, there is no way in hell that if we take over Iran Obama will say nah just keep the oil.

And I don't believe that Obama would sit by while Iran attacked Israel.

I'll bet anyone 100:1 odds that Iran doesn't attack first. If there's a war, it's because we or Israel attacks them. I see their exercise today as completely rational response to our increasingly belligerent rhetoric.

Developing and testing a long range missile with a 1 ton payload didn't happen overnight.....Nor did the rest of their nuke program.

Oh please, there is no way in hell that if we take over Iran Obama will say nah just keep the oil.

And I don't believe that Obama would sit by while Iran attacked Israel.

I don't know that he would, I only said that its a concern of Israel's. I hope we can resolve this diplomatically, because I'm not sure how this would pan out if we did go through with attacking Iran. And, we should be wary of North Korea too, they might have done this to appease Iran and if we jump at Iran, then North Korea may be covering for them and will have their own "response."

Archived