Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FLS: Police searching for missing delivery driver

OrangeSkin

Which Washington Sports Franchise Will Bring The Next Championship Home?  

331 members have voted

1. 1. Which Washington Sports Franchise Will Bring The Next Championship Home?

• The Washington Redskins
    • The Washington Wizards
    • The Washington Nationals
    • The Washington Capitals

This is pretty crazy and frightening for Fredericksburg...sounds like a Law & Order episode. My family eats at the China Express all the time and we're good friends with his sister, a waitress. Last we talked to her, she was really excited to have gotten her American citizenship, really sad this happened the day before the 4th.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2008/072008/0704missing

Fredericksburg police are searching for a young man who apparently was viciously attacked and abducted while making a food delivery Thursday night.

Yong Hui Zhang, 24, left his parents' China Express restaurant at 1500 Jefferson Davis Highway at 9:20 p.m. to make three deliveries, city police spokeswoman Natatia Bledsoe said. When he hadn't returned by closing time, his relatives contacted police at 10:15 p.m. and asked for assistance.

Police learned that Zhang made the first two deliveries without incident, Bledsoe said. But at the third delivery site, 202 Charles St., police found a large pool of blood and one shoe that is believed to belong to the victim.

Bledsoe said the Charles Street address is a vacant apartment. The suspect or suspects apparently lured Zhang there with a “bogus” food order and ambushed him outside the door.

Zhang and his vehicle, a bronze four-door 2004 Nissan Sentra with Virginia tags JPB-6401, were still missing today.

Bledsoe said investigative leads led police to Bull Church Road in Caroline County near the Virginia Bazaar off Interstate 95. A search that included a state police helicopter and police dogs was conducted overnight, but nothing was found. The search resumed today.

Bledsoe said police are seeking the public's assistance in finding Zhang as quickly as possible. At best he is presumed to be gravely injured or incapacitated.

"Obviously we're extremely concerned about his well-being," Bledsoe said.

Zhang's family immigrated to the United States from China and bought China Express. Zhang, who is single, has lived here for five years and has never been in any trouble, Bledsoe said.

He is described as an Asian male, 5 feet 7 inches tall and 140 pounds with slight facial hair. He was last seen wearing shorts and a blue-and-white, horizontal striped shirt.

Anyone with information about there whereabouts of Zhang or his car is asked to call city police at 540/373-3122 or their local law-enforcement agency.

You totally missed my point.

IT WAS MURDER.

Nothing simple about that.

I got what you are saying, but my point was I don't think they saw him coming and said "hey, let's rob the delivery guy", I think there was some other reason. In an earlier post I ventured a guess that it might have been some kind of gang initiation.

But you are right, this was a senseless crime regardless of why it was committed.

I got what you are saying, but my point was I don't think they saw him coming and said "hey, let's rob the delivery guy", I think there was some other reason. In an earlier post I ventured a guess that it might have been some kind of gang initiation.

But you are right, this was a senseless crime regardless of why it was committed.

Gang inititaton?

These perps were in their 30's!!

I don't see them as prospective gang members.

I guess I don't understand the whole credit card theft thing. I can understand someone desperate, cold ****ing someone and then using the credit card. I can understand someone stealing it as a pick pocket or from a locked car or other such means (not condoning, just understanding the thought process).

But murdering someone and then using their credit card? Wouldn't you think as soon as it turned to murder you'd distance yourself as far as you can from everything linking you to your victim? I'm just thankful that (it seems) most of the violently criminal seem to equal their violent tendencies with their stupidity.

The article stated that they had no known addresses and would bounce from VA town to town. They seemed to be drifters without a job.

They were low on cash and decided to rob a delievery man. Zhang probably faught back and they beat him to death.

Just my guess.

Gang initiation? Definitely not. What thugs want to initiate Chinese delivery people into a gang? Much less a gang with two members. Usually people get jumped into gangs by about 10 or 15 gang members and they know its coming.

Archived