Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Poll: Terrorism fears are fading

Redskins Diehard

Well I think confidence goes a long way in being able to prevent future attacks. Our vigilance over the last 7 years has worked. We've thwarted quite a few potential attacks. We should be proud, and know that we can't let up in our awareness of any suspicious activity.

That said, the people who are supposed to be vigilant includes all of us. The intel community alone can't stop everything. If they could, 9/11 might not have happened. The intel community also relies on us to provide them with clues. Especially since both sides of this fight have much of the same technology now, it takes more than a few operations to keep them on the defensive.

It takes the cooperation of Intel and Law Enforcement. Public awareness is okay...public fear is not. I think it is a good thing that public fears are fading.

Okay, so he did 10% diplomacy. And he didn't ruin what was already in place? Is that accurate?

Yes....

Actually -I'll even give him more credit. I'll say he speed up the time line by including them in the Axis of Evil and saying that they were making good progress but it had to finish up...soon.

Hey -I even give Bush credit for taking on Iraq and making it clear that the time was now for inspections.

The part where Bush lost me was when he went from "threat of war as a negotiation tactic" to "Negotiating only to justify a war" which is what I think he did.

Based on the Woodward books (2 of the 3 which Bush said were 100% accurate. Leeds me to believe the 3rd one was as well). Bush only real goal was to remove Saddam from power at all costs. If he had the same thought with Lybia, then it would have been bad. With Lybia, the thought was Qaddafi is a bad man...but if he does everything we want and backs down, then he can stay in power.

*edit - SHould have read time is NOW for inspections.

He could always bring back the color coded warning system. That kept terrorism in everyone's mind for a good long time.

It never went away.

http://www.dhs.gov/xinfoshare/programs/Copy_of_press_release_0046.shtm

Homeland Security Advisory System

150-hsas.gif

Current Threat Level

July 2, 2008 — The United States government's national threat level is Elevated, or Yellow.

The U.S. threat level is High, or Orange, for all domestic and international flights. Only small amounts of liquids, aerosols and gels are allowed in carry-on baggage. See the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) website for up-to-date information on items permitted and prohibited on airlines.

We are mindful of the recent tapes and propaganda messages allegedly from Al Qaeda regarding increased attacks. At this time there is no credible information warning of an imminent, specific threat to the homeland.

--------

It will probably move to Orange once November starts approaching and then the country will become more at risk unless John McCain is elected.

Well since you Liberals don't have the guts to say it,

Great Job President Bush on keeping America Safe and Batting 1000% in preventing more terrorist attacks on American Soil!!!!

As well as keeping the Aliens away! We have not been attacked by Aliens since he took office as well!!!

Let me ask you - How many times did America get attacked by Terrorist between the WTC bombing and the end of Clinton's terms? Did you rush out and say "GREAT JOB PRESIDENT CLINTON!"?

As well as keeping the Aliens away! We have not been attacked by Aliens since he took office as well!!!

Let me ask you - How many times did America get attacked by Terrorist between the WTC bombing and the end of Clinton's terms? Did you rush out and say "GREAT JOB PRESIDENT CLINTON!"?

Hmm but back then these were just criminals right? Otherwise they would have started the war on terror back then right?

And it sounds like that what liberals want to do right now treat the terrorist like criminals with my troops basically altering the ROE to give Miranda rights if they capture them.

So you aren't counting the US Embassies, Khobar Towers the barracks where my troops were housed or my Naval Ships?

Hmm but back then these were just criminals right? Otherwise they would have started the war on terror back then right?

And it sounds like that what liberals want to do right now treat the terrorist like criminals with my troops basically altering the ROE to give Miranda rights if they capture them.

So you aren't counting the US Embassies, Khobar Towers the barracks where my troops were housed or my Naval Ships?

Well wait a second - Your last statement is completely different. You said congrats to Bush for preventing Terrorism on AMERICAN SOIL. Now you want to include world wide? Do you really want me to compare numbers world wide now to what they were before Bush? You know that won't look good.

And I thought you were arguing that the RESULTS of No terrorism in the US meant that Bush was doing a great job, however you are arguing that the SAME results in the same time frame under Clinton (6+ years) don't mean the same thing?

You contridicted your own worthless statement.

Well wait a second - Your last statement is completely different. You said congrats to Bush for preventing Terrorism on AMERICAN SOIL. Now you want to include world wide? Do you really want me to compare numbers world wide now to what they were before Bush? You know that won't look good.

And I thought you were arguing that the RESULTS of No terrorism in the US meant that Bush was doing a great job, however you are arguing that the SAME results in the same time frame under Clinton (6+ years) don't mean the same thing?

You contridicted your own worthless statement.

Let me guess....you are going to bring out some statistics about IED's in Iraq and rockets into the green zone as an INCREASE in terror activitiy.

Yep, and the terrorists are licking their chops as we become more and more relaxed and unvigilant. As we once again lose interest in security and truly defending ourselves the wolves in the terrorist community know it will only be a matter of time until they once again feast on the sheep that make up the majority of American citizens.

Archived