Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Late Draft Thoughts and Brennan

JMUGator19

Not every player from USC is a punk. And Robert Royal was a terrible receiver, but a very good blocker. Davis has excellent hands, but is a bad blocker. That would make him the exact opposite of Royal. Davis has been noted to have exceptional hands, good speed, and the ability to seperate from defenders. I would say he has the best chance to make a big impact on our offense this season. I also saw someone say earlier that Kelly did not have good speed. He had a bad 40, but all I heard about him during the OTAs was that he was fast and was beating corners deep. Zorn will be able to develop the offense towards our team and players strengths. I'm excited to see what we can do. Also knowing that we will be attacking defenses will be a breath of fresh air as well. Tryon should also be an upgrade to Leigh Torrence at the nickle position.

Based on what? How will he be 'the' QB for the Skins? And validating your previous statement with 'Colt is a cool name for a Redskins QB' just destroys your credibility.

:2cents:

Haha but the funny thing is....women who do weekly office Pick'ems based on the name they like better or the color scheme of the jersey's usually trounce the guy's who are football savvy. :D

Colt Brennan was a great pick in for when we got him. I was the first to say, this dude is way overrated coming out and should not go higher than the fourth round. You could see when playing Georgia how playing for Hawaii means virtually nothing. But you can not deny his athleticsm and accuracy. He seems to fit the WCO perfectly and is great insurance. I am the big advocate for young QB's riding pine for at least a year or two before playing. Well, this kid has the luxuary of learning from Zorn, Collins, and Campbell. I think he came to the perfect place and will turn into a quality player.

There are 3 MAJOR reasons that our draft was excellent!!

#1)What we would have spent on Thomas in the 1st round at #21 or whoever,would have been more money against the cap and fewer years as well...So basically,we get Thomas at a much cheaper price and for him to prove his worth and probably get him for an additional year or 2 before his contract is renewed...

#2)All 3 Offensive players (2 wr's & TE) were all possible 1st round picks and had been talked about going there at least until after their pro day workouts and combine...To trade down and land them all in the 2nd round is genius IMO...But also considering our need to upgrade the talent at WR and definately the size was a no-brainer...As much as I wanted Calais instead of Davis,I can't argue the fact that he will also add a dimension to the TE spot and make our depth deeper and more dangerous in the red zone where we have had problems...How will teams cover Cooley and Davis in the redzone with Portis and 2 of our talented 4 wr combo?They won't be able too!

Our other picks were good because we had a need to look at other punters and we got Ray guy's clone...An overlooked Chad Rinehart...and maybe a talented Tryon where we need help at as well...But getting Colt Brennan is by far the smartest selection we made, if not only where he was drafted...The guy obliterated college records at a 70% completion rate and we snagged him in the 6th round...Has 1 bad game against georgia in a bowl game,and injury and rumored character flaws and all of a sudden...his 2nd round status falls 5 rounds...

The thing about this guys is...IF they all suck,it doesn't set us back 10 years cause there isn't much invested with any of these guys except draft status!There isn't going to be much money tied up with them either...

But if we hit...?We will be good for a very,very long time!

Mark my words...At least 2 of the guys we drafted will be probowlers!

Archived