Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gregg Williams could leave jags after 08

turtle

Looks like gregg got the last laugh. We are still paying part of his contract.

Expectations are sky high in Jacksonville, particularly for a defense that looks all the more formidable after netting DEs Derrick Harvery and Quentin Groves in the first two rounds of the 2008 draft, and picking up veteran CB Drayton Florence from San Diego. But could it be one-and-done for new defensive coordinator Gregg Williams

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+South/Jacksonville/default.htm

Yea coahing contracts are guarenteed even if they get fired or whatever, Gregg had Danny's money in the bank from day one no matter what the job he did, He did a superb job and got another one somewhere else where he can get an even more lucrative contract next year prob for a team like Oakland or Cincinati when they replace their HC's. With the couple million that Danny is giving him to make another team good, why wouldnt you give him an extrra G for genius?

Good for Gregg. The FO decided he was not right man for the job.

The big question is does a team give him another HC job.

Is this guy REALLY HC material? His problems in Buffalo were communication ones.

Really-there are alot of brilliant coordinators out there who just *don't have it*.(i.e. Norv, Dom Capers, Dick Jauron, etc)

Is this guy REALLY HC material? His problems in Buffalo were communication ones.

Really-there are alot of brilliant coordinators out there who just *don't have it*.(i.e. Norv, Dom Capers, Dick Jauron, etc)

He is a good coach. Who knows if he learned from his mistakes or not. However, look around the league and see the coaches on their second team that failed the first go around. I believe NE has one of them.

But, your right, he could fail like Capers and Jauron. That is why I wondered out loud if a team would take a chance on him.

Good for Gregg. The FO decided he was not right man for the job.

The big question is does a team give him another HC job.

\

If teams keep hiring coaches like Dennis Green and Art shell then he can find another HC job!

With that personnell, that defense should be sick. They lost Stroud, but still have Henderson. They supplement some solid DE's with Harvey and Groves. Groves can also play OLB, so that just helps out even more. Florence helps out an already solid guy in Rashean Mathis.

Not sure why the Vikings get all the attention. A blitz happy guy who knows how to stop the run well and now has pass rushing weapons could be far more deadly than he ever was with the Redskins.

With that personnell, that defense should be sick. They lost Stroud, but still have Henderson. They supplement some solid DE's with Harvey and Groves. Groves can also play OLB, so that just helps out even more. Florence helps out an already solid guy in Rashean Mathis.

Not sure why the Vikings get all the attention. A blitz happy guy who knows how to stop the run well and now has pass rushing weapons could be far more deadly than he ever was with the Redskins.

FWIW-they're still going to have to get past their AFCS rivals Colts. Yeah-the Jags are a Top 5 elite, but the Colts are not only still in their prime, but they are nonetheless the #2 team in all of football(or #3 if you think SD is better).

I still hope he does well he did a lot here and as long as he doesnt end up coaching in the NFC east I will root for him.
Not bloody likely:

Washington Redskins: Nope, No, and Natta.

Dallas Cowboys: The job is Jason Garrett's after Wide Phillips resigns or falls on his fat face.

NY Giants: The job is Steve Spagnuolo's after Tom Coughlin resigns or falls on his bony face.

Philidelphia Eagles: VERY slim possibility IF Andy Reid is fired or resigns.

I can't wait to see him HC in Oakland. Get ya popcorn ready!

Al Davis only hires HCs with offensive backwards. He's never hired a defensive minded HC.

If Scott Linehan doesn't work out in St Louis, I could see GW becoming HC of the Rams. They were reportedly interested in him a few years ago before Snyder gave GW that extension. Would be interesting if he and Saunders were back together.

Yeah Gregg is a better DC than a HC. Some guys aren't cut out for the Head job.

Archived