Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Muslim Voters Detect a Snub From Obama

SkinsHokieFan

You are absolutely obsessed with this "Obama's lying about being a muslim" thing.

I know you hate him but if the man said was never a muslim then he was a never a muslim.

Depends on who you ask. :D

(Even though I am facinated with his past and what other people think, I don't want to re-hash that argument again even though it is mentioned in the article.)

Back off, what? I wasn't attacking his ideas, values, or beliefs. For God's sakes, I share some of them. I find the selective outrage and inconsistent application of standards maddening.

When you say that you find his identification as a Republican "troubling" because the republican party "actively hates and scapegoats Muslims", you sound very condescending. You're doing a soft-pedal uncle tom on SHF and he deserves better than that.

When you say that you find his identification as a Republican "troubling" because the republican party "actively hates and scapegoats Muslims", you sound very condescending. You're doing a soft-pedal uncle tom on SHF and he deserves better than that.

Uncle Tom? WTF? jeez son, what the hell is a soft-pedal uncle tom? sounds like a dirty sanchez...

Soft pedal uncle tom, interesting. Obviously not all of the republican base is a victim to Islamaphobia ( that was the only reckless thing I said--- I will apologize for that), but a significant amount of republicans are ( just look at the polls). I am not going to apologize or backtrack for something I didn't say or something you thought I said/implied.

SHF Did you miss the boat or something? This is a real looney toon argument that you're suggesting.

Fox news reported that a fist pound was a hezabollah fist bump. It's your freaking party thats making this an issue. It's your party thats illustrated a terrorist attack benefits McCain. I mean seriously you can't post ***** articles like this and then put the blinders on to non-sense that you're party posits.

Fear = Terror = Muslim

It's in the political rule book under republican tactics.

SHF Did you miss the boat or something? This is a real looney toon argument that you're suggesting.

Fox news reported that a fist pound was a hezabollah fist bump. It's your freaking party thats making this an issue. It's your party thats illustrated a terrorist attack benefits McCain. I mean seriously you can't post ***** articles like this and then put the blinders on to non-sense that you're party posits.

Fear = Terror = Muslim

It's in the political rule book under republican tactics.

Edit: Way too much of a cheap shot and I'll stop bringing up Dubai Ports with you :silly:

I haven't had time to go through the entire thread, but everyone is being WAY too harsh on SHF, and loading up the conversation with their own stereotypical biases due to the fact that SHF doesn't agree with them/you on a number of political/economic issues.

Whether or not the situation was created by people who are likely to vote for the same person SHF will vote for is largely irrelevant to the quite fair point SHF is making.

I think Obama is between a rock and a hard place here.

He's almost certainly the most Pro-Muslim candidate we've ever had. And his presidency will almost certainly be good for Muslims the world over.

But - at the same time - it's tough enoug for a black man to get elected president, let alone a black man who is seen as overly accepting as Muslims.

Sadly, it is really tough to get elected President in this country unless you show some level of prejudice against Minorities. Republicans have turned the word "Muslim" into a smear.

I wish Obama would stand up against this (and to some degree he has). But he's probably the wrong candidate to do so, because you know damn well the response will be:

"See...he really is a Muslim. Manchurian Candidate! Manchurian Candidate!"

Unfortunately, we are in one of those sick eras of American politics where we have decided to collectively bash a particular group of people.

Simply put, and again for serious I am actually stunned my posting history doesn't reflect this, I am equal opportunity Muslim basher-basher. If my thread history didn't go back to March 2006, I'd probably triple the amount of threads I could post in the tailgate reflecting that.

I wouldn't bring it up if you weren't so completely wrong on this particular point about Obama. Simply put, you should know better.

It's the fact that you are even placing Obama's denial of being a muslim in the same category of the muslim bashing that has been going that makes me question your credibility here. Aside from the fact that Obama has never "bashed" Muslims, there is a serious question of magnitude. The magnitude of the offense is so tiny that it really makes me wonder... wow is SHF really serious? Does he really think we're that dumb? And of course you tie it into the same straw man that because Obama is supposed to stand for hope and change, then any negative aspect of him is liable to get him to be called a hypocrite. Like wise I don't think you are a sell out because there is definitely more to your Republican identity than the Muslim bashing we see coming out of the GOP and its mouth pieces.

I guess what I am trying to get across is, the way I criticized you is similar in the way that you criticized Obama. Take something tiny, and blow up just so we can say ha ha look at the hypocrite. But taking a step back I still think this larger demonstration legitimizes my rhetoric.

I wish I could have done it more subtly or at least politely because even though I do think you are a sell out (to some degree) it isn't to enough of an extent to justify a character attack... as for changing it from the inside... that's hopeless there are powers more important to the GOP than you, or even people like you. And that's pretty much the reason I see myself more as an anti-republican than a democrat when it comes to national politics.

Archived