Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Personal Opinion - Mike Sellers to be Phased Out (M.E.T.)

JMUGator19

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

He will get phased out to a degree, but it won't have anything to do with his diminishing play--the guy is a presence on the field and gives our offense a nastiness it otherwise lacks. However, with the WCO in place, more 3 and 4 WR sets and 2 TE sets will be installed, thus decreasing his chances of getting on the field outside the red zone.

The Fred Davis one.

Mike Sellers is a great fullback and one of the most underrated Redskins. He has pillow hands and if we would pass it to him more in the redzone, he would have more TD's. He is huge (280lbs +) and nimble, and in th open field he looks for people to plow over (Kennedy from Detriot, and Dawkins from Philly twice a year). he comes cheap and plays at a very high level. He is someone who the redskins have gotten their moneys worth from (as well as Thrash) and i think his role will not deminish, and if anything increase. He plays with an iceberg, not a chip on his shoulder. The man eats bars of iron ore, and deficates chain links. I hope to see more from Sellers this year.

Wrong.

Thomas and Kelly will start the year on the bench, neither are running routes well enought to start over Thrash at this point, let alone ARE. Kelly has a chance to the 4th receiver on opening day and maybe 3rd by seasons end. But neither Kelly or Thomas will be starting unless we have a rash of injuries at the WR position.

Thank you Coach Zorn, I'm glad you could fill us all in.

You just have that inside scoop. :cool:

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Why do people act like they know everything?

In reality, NO ONE on this website knows jack:pooh:, no one from the coaching staff posts on here. Please stop acting like a know-it-all.

Thanks. :applause:

Thank you Coach Zorn, I'm glad you could fill us all in.

You just have that inside scoop. :cool:

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Why do people act like they know everything?

In reality, NO ONE on this website knows jack:pooh:, no one from the coaching staff posts on here. Please stop acting like a know-it-all.

Thanks. :applause:

No offense, but it's nothing that any intelligent fan doesnt already guess. Most rookie WR dont make any kind of an impact. Calvin Johnson, the most giffed WR to come out in a decade had a "decent season". Thomas and Kelly and not CJ, and everyone is learning a new offense. Historically 1st round WR's dont do much their 1st year in the league for a slew of reasons. And there is no reason that Thomas and Kelly will buck history in that regard.

It's not being a know it all, it's looking at history and not being a ****ing homeristic retard.

Neither of them will start too many games next season. Don't forget FBs rarely get more than 10 starts in a season. (its a meaningless stat)

The least amount of games Mike has started over the last 4 season was 14. A FB is a staple in the offense.

PS you don't spend a 2nd round pick on someone to be a back up. Especially if you rated that person as a 1st round talent. Davis was probably the best TE or second best TE in college. He isn't on the team to sit on the bench. Oh, and btw Sellers is a good FB on running plays and a good TE on pass plays.

You do if he's a BPA which apparently is the only way alot of people think you should draft. And apparently Davis was a pure BPA pick, according to Vinny.

Why? because he can catch and he can run block. He isn't that fast so you don't want him catching in the backfeild and he can't passblock so you don't particularly want him on the line. where does that leave you? If you switch between them, the other team will know if it is a pass play or run play based on where he is lined up.

He is in a pickle if he can't learn a new trick.

PPS Portis is a better blocker than Sellers by far. And he is half his size.

:logo:

He's acually a good pass blocker on the line. So that leaves you with a guy that can play TE and run and pass block from the line, and a great lead blocker for your RB. He had one bad game pass blocking agasint the Pats, and now everyone thinks he can pass protect. No offense but everyone looked like garbage in that game, so they all must suck, right?

And what does Davis do? Catch balls and little else. At the PAC 10 level.

He failed us many times last year on short yardage situations, thinking he was a RB. Hes not as good as many of us think out of the backfield

i agree he is a great lead blocker but i think when other teams know he will run the ball his production decrease

Gibbs used Sellers to the maximum of his abilities. The FB is an important piece in the WCO. But is Sellers the prototypical FB for that offense? Perhaps not. I don't think much of his running ability or YAC potential. If you want a player that can run and catch out of the backfield the far better player is Betts. But, Sellers does a pretty good job at run blocking. He's also

versatile as a backup TE (short range only) if needed in a pinch. Sellers also does well on special teams. So I'd be surprised if Zorn didn't keep Sellers on the roster.

The rest of the discussion on which player is going to be the starter and who will play flanker, slot or split end is a bit premature IMO. The WRs are not even in camp yet. Thrash, Davis and Kelly are all going to be trying to get playing time. While rookies don't usually have a huge impact I don't think Zorn has the same view of rookies as did Gibbs. If the WCO works as planned the passes should be spread around so that all WRs, RBs and TEs receive passes. We won't have to rely upon any one "star" WR to carry the entire team.

Archived