Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Snyder Approval Poll (A Response to Steinberg and McKenna)

elkabong82

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Here is the thing that people outside of Redskins fandom fail to realize

We like the Washington Redskins. Dare I say, a lot of us LOVE this team

So we are fans, we are going to see things in as a positive of a light as possible and 98 percent of us are going to enjoy this.

It is frickin pro sports. Not life or death. A distraction. We want this to be fun

Why would we constantly say negative things about something we want to see as a positive? Would people constantly go to games, shell out as much as they do because they hate it? No

The media=stupid

I voted disapprove because of the way Snyder has handled players when not in his favor and how he's overpaid for big name players that have come to Washington and bombed. You can say that the coaches are as much to blame as Snyder but that's bull. In the Military we're trained to publicly support the Brass no matter how we feel privately. If you bash the brass it sends the wrong message to the troops and will get your ass in hot water faster than you can blink an eye.

Now, on the flip side of that I can see why Danny boy has made some of the decisions he's made. He's a Skins fan and wants to win at all cost. It's just like a guy who wants a fast car for the drag strip. This guy knows nothing about cars except you push the gas to the floor and they go. He goes to the strip and sees this car and that car going fast. One has a super charger, another nitrous, ford, chevy whatever it is they're fast and he wants it. So with no knowledge of cars or engines he just goes out and throws money at parts and cars with total disregard and ignornace as to how they'll work together. Week in and week out he goes to the strip and gets his doors blown off and can't figure out why. His pockets are deep though so he keeps throwing money at the problems. Fact of the matter is, if the parts don't work well together the car will never go fast.

So, now you say with all of this money why not just pay someone to build the car (team)? He's tried that too, problem is he's a control freak and that's what made him rich. He has to have his hands in everything and it's just too hard to relinquish control of his team. He'll let things go as long as they stay within his vision of how they should be ran but as soon as the old ball coach strays Danny will drop the Hammer. He's passionate about his team and he wants it to be successful, he just needs to learn how to let football people make football decisions while sitting back and enjoying the ride. When he can learn how to give up total control to the football smart people this team will return to a championship caliber team. :2cents:

I agree with the conclusion that Dan's tenure here hasn't been successfull. I appreciate his efforts but bottom line is that the team has, overall, been more bad than good during his ownership. So I dissaprove if I'm looking at his ownership tenure in its totality.

If I'm only looking at the last four years I approve. And thats why I don't agree with this:

Whether the alleged "stability" of the Gibbs II carries over to the Zorn era remains to be seen, but so far you certainly can't label the past four years "successful," despite the two playoff appearances.

Getting Gibbs back in the fold was amazing. Joe led the team to 2 playoff births in 4 years....so 50% of the time the team was in the playoffs. I'll take that. And considering where this team was, or has been, I'll definitely take that.

Archived