Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Red Sox @ Orioles photos 5/1/08

Spaceman Spiff

wow those are great. I had tickets for yesterday but was sooooo freakin hungover from Friday and Saturday I watched from my sofa. My husband has an incredible video of Manny's 500th HR, I will try to download this eve to share.

I was pissed when he hit it Saturday :(

i love the b/w :cheers::cheers:

go sox :)

was that manny's homer?

Yeah, that was #501.

Canon 40D and a 2.8 70-200 lens

Another Canon lover, huh? I have not used a Canon. We only have Nikons at work and now that I have used the new Nikon D300, I can't see how Canon can match it right now.

Still, great work Spiff.

Another Canon lover, huh? I have not used a Canon. We only have Nikons at work and now that I have used the new Nikon D300, I can't see how Canon can match it right now.

Still, great work Spiff.

Yeah, Nikon is good stuff. I think I saw an add for the D300, I really liked what I saw.

While I like Canon a lot, I'm not adamant about them. Can't really lose either way and I don't think you have to shoot one or another, I think you can use both. My next body purchase might be a D300.

Thanks for the nice words man :)

Yeah, Nikon is good stuff. I think I saw an add for the D300, I really liked what I saw.

While I like Canon a lot, I'm not adamant about them. Can't really lose either way and I don't think you have to shoot one or another, I think you can use both. My next body purchase might be a D300.

Thanks for the nice words man :)

I've been using a D70 for a couple of years now and love it. It is outdated as far as current technology since it is a 6 year old camera but it is awesome. I have taken thousands of shots with it. However, I want to upgrade before I travel after graduation. I have some decent lenses so all I need is the body. When I can see the D300 for 1500 or below, I will jump on it.

I was upset w/ my buddy who owns the photo company I work for part-time. He sold 25 D200's for cheap when he purchased 25 brand new D300's. I would love to have picked one of those up for cheap.

I've been using a D70 for a couple of years now and love it. It is outdated as far as current technology since it is a 6 year old camera but it is awesome. I have taken thousands of shots with it. However, I want to upgrade before I travel after graduation. I have some decent lenses so all I need is the body. When I can see the D300 for 1500 or below, I will jump on it.

I was upset w/ my buddy who owns the photo company I work for part-time. He sold 25 D200's for cheap when he purchased 25 brand new D300's. I would love to have picked one of those up for cheap.

I took three years of photography in high school and when I went to college they wouldn't allow non art majors to take photography classes...so I stopped for a long, long time.

Last spring I was bit by the bug and went into a store and asked the guy for a good body to shoot sports and nature with and a big lens. He sold me on the Rebel XTI and a Sigma 100-300.

Admittedly I didn't do my research before purchasing. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Rebel and took a ton of great photos with it...but he told me that he thought Canon's menu system and computer were easier than Nikons. What is your take?

I took three years of photography in high school and when I went to college they wouldn't allow non art majors to take photography classes...so I stopped for a long, long time.

Last spring I was bit by the bug and went into a store and asked the guy for a good body to shoot sports and nature with and a big lens. He sold me on the Rebel XTI and a Sigma 100-300.

Admittedly I didn't do my research before purchasing. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Rebel and took a ton of great photos with it...but he told me that he thought Canon's menu system and computer were easier than Nikons. What is your take?

I don't know enough about the Canon but the menu in my D70 is simple to use and the 300 is just as easy. I did handle a Canon Rebel xti last week for the first time and it seemed fairly easy to use. Like I have heard on this board before, for the most part it is preference. Do you like Ford or Chevy?

I can tell you this, my buddy Shawn who works for the Baltimore Ravens (he just spent a week in the Dominican Republic shooting the Ravens Cheerleader's calendar) prefers Canon, but when I asked his opinion on the D300 he said there is nothing on the market like it.

Btw, I am not sure what you do, but if you are interested in taking some photos during the busy season on the weekends with my friend's company (May and October) let me know. He is always looking for a good photographer and it would give you an opportunity to handle a Nikon.

I don't know enough about the Canon but the menu in my D70 is simple to use and the 300 is just as easy. I did handle a Canon Rebel xti last week for the first time and it seemed fairly easy to use. Like I have heard on this board before, for the most part it is preference. Do you like Ford or Chevy?

I can tell you this, my buddy Shawn who works for the Baltimore Ravens (he just spent a week in the Dominican Republic shooting the Ravens Cheerleader's calendar) prefers Canon, but when I asked his opinion on the D300 he said there is nothing on the market like it.

Btw, I am not sure what you do, but if you are interested in taking some photos during the busy season on the weekends with my friend's company (May and October) let me know. He is always looking for a good photographer and it would give you an opportunity to handle a Nikon.

Yeah man, I'm definitely down. Only way to get better at photography is to shoot anything/everything. What kind of company is it?

My day job is selling real estate so Sundays are usually busy with for me with open houses and such but Saturdays usually work for me.

Hit me up with a PM and we'll work out the details.

Archived