Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is man an animal?

WVUforREDSKINS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

As for man being being better than other creatures. That is very debatable. Is a species that could very well, one day, be responsible for the destruction of all life on earth that great?

"chickens are decent people. You don't see chickens hangin' around in drug gangs do ya? You don't see a chicken hooking up some guys nuts to a car battery do ya? When is the last chicken that came home from work and beat the **** out of his hen? Doesn't happen, cuz chickens are decent people." -Carlin

Guest sith lord
Would God not want us to be classified as animals when he created us in his image? Why wouldn't he?

I am sure he knew what we would eventually be classified as down the line, as he gave the knowledge to the individual that classified humans as animals, to classify humans as animals.

You're just putting your own spin on what God thinks.

Guest sith lord
Sith Lord is now on my list of people to never take seriously.

He has implied that there was no early man. Hence, museums are full of lies. As are scientist, and carbon dating.

Sithlord is one strange animal.

Is the bible lying when it says that Adam was the first man and Eve was the first woman?

How? Everything I have said is in the bible. Nice try though.

And? That is the spin that Christians put on what they believe God said. I know you believe the Bible to be true and therefore think it is definitive, but to those of us that don't believe in it, we have to come up with what we personally think God was about. :)

Etymology

The word "animal" comes from the Latin word animale, neuter of animalis, and is derived from anima, meaning vital breath or soul. In everyday colloquial usage, the word usually refers to non-human animals. The biological definition of the word refers to all members of the Kingdom Animalia. Therefore, when the word "animal" is used in a biological context, humans are included.[1]

^ "Animal". The American Heritage Dictionary (Forth). (2006). Houghton Mifflin Company.

Guest sith lord
Absolutely.

I cannot respect anyone who takes that story literally. You must believe in a talking snake too:rolleyes:

Someone should smack you with a biology book

Oh, an athiest.

Oh, an athiest.

Im sorry but you are mentally impaired. You should get help

How could a book that has been written over and over changed around by different people make it fit what they wanted it to say possibly not be 100% true?

Especially when there is a talking snake and a talking burning bush. :rolleyes:

edit: I don't want this to turn into another bible debate. So I won't respond any more unless you want to debate why humans ARE part of the animal kingdom.

Guest sith lord
Im sorry but you are mentally impaired. You should get help

How could a book that has been written over and over changed around by different people make it fit what they wanted it to say possibly not be 100% true?

Especially when there is a talking snake and a talking burning bush. :rolleyes:

You're making yourself look bad now. I would quit if I were you.

No, but I do know what he said on certain topics.

So you were there, then?

Before you bash me on it, I believe in God, and read the bible from time to time, but I do not take every word in it to be literal truth, such as humans were created in God's image. Does God look like a human? I won't know until I get to heaven.

There is no mention of Dinosaurs in the beginning of the bible, when God was creating Earth, but there is proff that they did exist. Earth was created in 7 days? To my understanding the bible was first written in hebrew, and in hebrew the word that was translated to day actually means length of time. What is a day to God?

I do know that God created everything that we see today, that includes knowledge, of which science is a part of, which means he created science, and instilled the knowledge in the individual that classified us a mammals, which, biologically speaking, classifies us as animals.

Humans are mammals, I have hijacked this thread enough, already.

Guest sith lord
So you were there, then?

Before you bash me on it, I believe in God, and read the bible from time to time, but I do not take every word in it to be literal truth, such as humans were created in God's image. Does God look like a human? I won't know until I get to heaven.

There is no mention of Dinosaurs in the beginning of the bible, when God was creating Earth, but there is proff that they did exist. Earth was created in 7 days? To my understanding the bible was first written in hebrew, and in hebrew the word that was translated to day actually means length of time. What is a day to God?

I do know that God created everything that we see today, that includes knowledge, of which science is a part of, which means he created science, and instilled the knowledge in the individual that classified us a mammals, which, biologically speaking, classifies us as animals.

Humans are mammals, I have hijacked this thread enough, already.

It's called faith. If you want to go down that road, you can't believe ANYTHING if you weren't there. Speaking of dinosaurs, I believe when God said great beast walked the earth, I believe he might have been refering to dinosaurs. Remember, the word dinosaur is a man made name.

A day to God is 1,000 years if I'm not mistaken.

It's called faith. If you want to go down that road, you can't believe ANYTHING if you weren't there. Speaking of dinosaurs, I believe when God said great beast walked the earth, I believe he might have been refering to dinosaurs. Remember, the word dinosaur is a man made name.

This is true. And I was unaware of the beasts walking the earth part, I have not read enough of the bible to know that.

God is old :silly:

That's just a saying, indicating that time means nothing to God, not a literal equation.

What Reic is referring to is that the word we translate as "day" in Genesis is the Hebrew "Yom", which can mean day, but can also mean an "age" or "period of time" (it's used later in Genesis 2:4 to refer to the entire 6 "day" creation week, for example, so it's not always a literal day).

So, different people read Genesis as spanning anywhere from 6 literal days to billions of years, and there is support for either reading.

Archived