Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My SAT Scores

dcnativenerd

Now, here's the part that concerns me:

480-Math (Always been my weakness).

Take a Prep-Course... Math is the easiest to improve on. You have to refresh yourself on Math. I had a similar Math score prior to taking a prep-course and then ended up with a 720 in Math after taking the course.

Trust me... Prep-course... Your scores are excellent. It would be more worrisome if your Math was really high and the others weren't.

On one hand I want to say, cut the embellical cord! But are they putting stipulations down if they pay for it? Happened to my best friend. She wanted to go to a school on the other side of the state. But her parents said they would only pay for school if she went to the local university. So she did. I guess if that's the only way you can pay for school...ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Yeah, it feels very limiting. They don't want me working or anything right now; which makes sense since I have to concentrate on my studies, but gives me little to no freedom when it comes to personal finances.

yeah, didnt think about that. if they are paying for it. that would make sense.

my parents didnt want me working in college, but they gave me money. plus i had a settlement from a car accident that paid for everything like my apartment and gas and everything else i needed. **not that im advising you to go out and flip a car**

but there can be things you can do while at school that are under the radar. if you are into writing. i wrote for the clemson newspaper while i was a student. the first semester i did it, i got paid at the end of the semester by published inch since i wasnt senior staff. the next two years i was senior staff so i got a weekly paycheck. granted it wasnt that much, like 30 a week. but i did sports. so i got paid to go sit in one meeting a week and eat a ton of free pizza. then go to a couple sporting events, then take about 10 minutes to write an article. so i was getting paid 30 for about 20 minutes of work a week.

I graduate college on the Deans list and now have a nice 6 figure income.

I got a 0 on my SAT's.

I never took them.

If you want to go directly to a 4 year college, yes, it's needed. I went to Community college for 1 year, then transferred to a 4 year school. After the 1st semester in college, no one cares about SAT's (Or ACT's) anymore....

Was it the best choice? Well, it saved me lots of time and money in prep courses and stress. And in the end, it didn't mean anything different.

Not saying it's the way you should go, but it's a option. When your future employer asks "What school did you graduate from?" they never ask for a history of all schools you attended and how did you go from one to the other.

But if you want to go to graduate school, having taken the SATs is pretty good practice for the GREs or the equivalent exam for your degree of choice (some times you don't have to take anything but a lot of them require degrees). I guess that's a moot point since he already took the SAT. He could now follow your path, TMK, and still benefit from the experience of having taken the test.

ok scores? are you kidding me....those are great.the smart ones get like 1400.i myself got 1100 which is decent

They changed the test a few years ago.. 1500 was a perfect score when we took the test. Today 2400 is a perfect score.

I'll tell you this.. Some folks say you can't study for the SAT... That's a boat load of crap...

If I were you I would get into a Kaplan program and apply myself you can probable raise you score by 5-800 points. Also I believe if you get a note from your doctor... Pychiatrist you can get extra time on the test to boot. If you want to go to NC apply yourself and use every angle you can to accomplish it.

I graduate college on the Deans list and now have a nice 6 figure income.

I got a 0 on my SAT's.

I never took them.

If you want to go directly to a 4 year college, yes, it's needed. I went to Community college for 1 year, then transferred to a 4 year school. After the 1st semester in college, no one cares about SAT's (Or ACT's) anymore....

Was it the best choice? Well, it saved me lots of time and money in prep courses and stress. And in the end, it didn't mean anything different.

Not saying it's the way you should go, but it's a option. When your future employer asks "What school did you graduate from?" they never ask for a history of all schools you attended and how did you go from one to the other.

There are only a few schools which won't require an SAT or ACT for admissions. Johns Hopkins my grad school was one. But they are by far an exception to the rule.

Take a Prep-Course... Math is the easiest to improve on. You have to refresh yourself on Math. I had a similar Math score prior to taking a prep-course and then ended up with a 720 in Math after taking the course.

Trust me... Prep-course... Your scores are excellent. It would be more worrisome if your Math was really high and the others weren't.

I totally agree with this... SAT Math doesn't go much beyond Algebra. That stuff is not dificult. Kaplan man... It costs some money but it works, if you apply yourself.

There are only a few schools which won't require an SAT or ACT for admissions. Johns Hopkins my grad school was one. But they are by far an exception to the rule.

They require it for freshmen.

For transfer schools, not even Harvard requires them.

well, your extracirriculars look solid. That's saying something out of the ordinary to be a published writer and whatnot. A school with a solid journalism program is who you should play up to. Also, being in band doesn't hurt either, another solid extracirricular.

Your gpa is decent too, above a 3.5 is probably what they want.

As for undergrad in general, don't waste your time. Do you plan on going to grad school for journalism (is that common)? If so, then, screw undergrad, go wherever, do well there, and go to UNC-Chapel Hill for grad school. Honestly, how can your parents put that kinda restriction anyways, is Boone really that far from where you are?

Also, what about ECU? I'm not sure of its academic reputation, and I heard it's kinda middle of nowhere crappy, but I have definitely heard plenty of times there are hot chicks all over the place there.

Archived