Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Taylor for a third round pick would

bonhommelemec

be a deal that I would pull the trigger on. In the rumors section of PSD, supposedly were in the running for Jason's services.

If we could land him, our defense would be upgraded in a major way. I say we go get him. With him coming off the edge and Carter on the other side, there would have to be man on man blocking most of the time. Jason is a beast and has an excellent motor

I have always thought that he was one of the best at his position. Blache would have much more flexibility with Phillips playing tackle on passing downs.

I predict we will not only make the playoffs but go deep into it!!!

4th rounder, nothing more.. The dolphins will be forced to trade him, because they are idiots if they let him retire instead of trading him. (again, we are talking about the dolphins) They won't just flat our cut him though. But I think a 3rd,2nd, or 1st round pick is WAY too much for him. We will only have him for a couple more years. I would just want him on our team to help coach Chris Wilson & Help Carter too. I think that would be our biggest benefit out of getting him.

i was watching sportscenter when they interviewed him about missing mini camp. and he was saying how hes in better shape then the year he won DPOY. idc if he is 33 you cant argue with that. more pressure = more interceptions.

He has already been meeting with Hollywood producers about an acting career. I don't think his heart is in football anymore.

And you are just stating your opinion obviously... Becuase he has been trying to get into hollywood since he was a Rookie.. Sorry to bust your bubble, but you're wrong. If his heart wasnt in football, he would have quit ALONG time ago.. It's not like hes coming from a winning franchise dude. It's the Dolphins

I'd say he has to have passion in order to have played for them that long without winning.

you know i was just thninking back to defense in the 80's headed up manly and mann both were nasty and around 260-270 right? well as i see it we have a nasty everydown de in carter and a servicible starter in daniels with wilson on passing downs. why not give a 3rd for a great or at least good i.e. not bruce smith former dpoy to start or come in on 2nd and 3rd downs or if good enough mayb even start.

And you are just stating your opinion obviously... Becuase he has been trying to get into hollywood since he was a Rookie.. Sorry to bust your bubble, but you're wrong. If his heart wasnt in football, he would have quit ALONG time ago.. It's not like hes coming from a winning franchise dude. It's the Dolphins

I'd say he has to have passion in order to have played for them that long without winning.

Well, I said "I don't think" which is the same as saying IMO......

But after talking to Jason this is also what ESPN had to say so I guess I'm not the only one with that opinion.

"Now that he’s had a taste of the small screen life, Jason Taylor finds himself thinking more about his acting career than his football one"

Yea, but that's my point.. HE's not worth anything more than that.

He's definetly worth a 3rd round pick. He's had 36.5 sacks over the last 3 years, more than any other player in the NFL. He's also had 3 interceptions and 3 TD's in the last 2 years. Thats the same amount of touchdowns our ENTIRE defense has in the past 3 YEARS. His 3 ints over the past three years are one less than the number of INT's that Carlos Rogers and Fred Smoot have both had over the same time span.

He would be a FREAKING steal for a 3rd round pick even if he only plays 2 or 3 more years. I would guess he would play 3 more. Jason Taylor is in better shape than he was when he won DPOY and his production hasn't dropped off at all. I don't think he will slow down a bit this year or the next. The guy is an exceptional athlete and one of the best football players in the game. You would have to be a fool not to try and make a trade work.

I'd do it for a second rounder....mvp couple years ago...still has one or two years of elite play left
Meh, not sure he really wants to play anymore. Maybe a third if we could extend his 6yr/45M contract, but what does he want? Besides maybe a ring. He reportedly wanted to go to SD, but they are apparently not interested.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFl&id=1305

He's definetly worth a 3rd round pick. He's had 36.5 sacks over the last 3 years, more than any other player in the NFL. He's also had 3 interceptions and 3 TD's in the last 2 years. Thats the same amount of touchdowns our ENTIRE defense has in the past 3 YEARS. His 3 ints over the past three years are one less than the number of INT's that Carlos Rogers and Fred Smoot have both had over the same time span.

He would be a FREAKING steal for a 3rd round pick even if he only plays 2 or 3 more years. I would guess he would play 3 more. Jason Taylor is in better shape than he was when he won DPOY and his production hasn't dropped off at all. I don't think he will slow down a bit this year or the next. The guy is an exceptional athlete and one of the best football players in the game. You would have to be a fool not to try and make a trade work.

I wouldn't read too deeply into him claiming he is in better shape than that year. What athlete that hasn't been injured goes out and says "Well I'm not in that great of shape but I think I'll play anyway." I don't see any way Jason plays three more years. If he's strongly considering retiring now you don't think he's going to again next season? He's looking for one last payday before he can call it quits.

If we can get him for a 5th, awesome. Anything other than that is too much. Rounds 1-4 you are looking at starting quality players that you can build a team with. Why try a potential starter to rent a player for a year or two?

What I'm saying is by no means saying Jason CAN'T play anymore. I just don't think he is 100% committed to football. At this stage in his career, if you aren't 100% you aren't going to be doing much.

Wouldn't mind picking him up but on PSD it says "The Dolphins have not gotten any offers better than a fourth-round pick, which isn't enough for Parcells to justify pulling the trigger. That's why various reports tying Taylor to the Baltimore Ravens, the Washington Redskins and the San Diego Chargers Friday are unlikely to turn into immediate deals." Doesn't that basically say nothing is going to happen?

What about his salary? Taylor's 8 million pricetag will wind up tap-dancing all over what the Skins have left in salary cap space!

I dont' see how Taylor can come here, not without some creative financing. And if we ask Miami to take on some this creative financing for us, that's will raise the price tag.

An aging Taylor is not worth what we'd have to do to land him. Instead, I'd settle for a solid DE -- someone who's not a 'super-star' but gets the job done pressuring the QB and containing the run. And if that guy gets his share of sacks, that's great too.

At this point We need to first consider how we manage our salary roster -- instead of impulsively plunking down $$$ for each 'name-brand' player teams decide to trade with us. Remember, Campbell will need to be signed -- and if he pans out like most expect - then we will need some serious $$$ to do so.

So by the time our new WRs have developed, Campbell has mastered the offense, say 2 years, Taylor will be 35, and not an elite player anymore.

And that 3rd could have netted a starting guard, center, etc. for bargain prices.

Even if Taylor were waived, there is the matter of his salary--money that could be used to sign 2-4 younger role players in FA.

This is the exact process that had led us where we are today. We don't need ANY 33 year olds, unless there are no draft picks given up and they sign for reasonable prices.

No giving up draft picks that could net young starters for old guys at the end of their careers. You draft lots of guys, and resign the guys who excel in your system, whose character you have observed in house.

Monty, Golston, Landry, Heyer, Alexander, etc.

Archived