Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking for a tool

Larry

And I just know that there's a whole collection of tools that hang out in Tailgate. :)

Seriously. The mission I'm trying to accomplish is:

I've got some watches, and I need to alter the length of their metal bands. Most of them, the way you adjust them is that several of the links are assembled with "hinge pins" that are removable.

(The two links have a single hole drilled through them, and a pin inserted into the hole. In order to remove one of the links, you need to force the pin out of the hole.)

(One of the watches uses a slightly different mechanism. In it's case, One of the links contains, within it, a U-shaped "clip". The legs of the U act as "hinge pins" for a hinge that's at each end of the link. To force it out, you need something that will fit into a hole in the link, and press the U-clip outward.)

I'm thinking that what's needed is something that will hold the watch band in one place (but this vise or whatever has to have a hole in it, so that the pin/clip can come out), and something that can shove a pin into the side of the band, and/or, press some kind of a hook that's been inserted into the hole, outward.

(Hoping that I've described this well enough.)

I assume that there has to be some kind of a tool for doing this. Anybody know what it is/where to get it?

first thing I thought of when I saw the title was "PB is a tool, he should fit".

but now Im thinking the "sledge-o-matic" might be better off..

When I saw Larry posting about a "tool" I fully expected to be the butt of a joke. :laugh:

I'm sorry I can't help, but I'll keep being the tool hanging on the opposite end of the shed from you. ;)

Dang, you got two right off the bat, Larry! :silly:

You're a tool too, jrock.

We just haven't figured out what the hell you're good for yet. :silly:

he's the tool in the bottom of the toolbox that is covered in rust and doesnt work for **** but you dont throw away because MAYBE one day he will be useful.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

EDIT: I'm no match for the hog. :)

Nuttin' but love, bro.

BTW, I heard it straight from the source that Karla thinks you're cute. :paranoid:

he's the tool in the bottom of the toolbox that is covered in rust and doesnt work for **** but you dont throw away because MAYBE one day he will be useful.

:rotflmao:

Nah. He's that tool in the case that says, "In Case of Divorce, Break Glass." :D

Archived