Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With a logical starting lineup,what would you rate our PPP on this Dialysis machine?

michael_33

That's right!What would you rate our Player Personel Positions (PPP) on this Dialysis machine I have set up here?

Now some may use our starting unit as a guide for this and some may use our overall depth at that position....Neither is the wrong way to measure as it's just our opinion anyway... :2cents:

I also understand that June 1st is about to arive as well and we may see some new additions to the team to improve on these measures...But this also is a good way of seeing what we so desparately need to upgrade before the start of the season if we do at all!

So I will show you what I think up to this point,how we stack up at each and every position on the team... :cheers: (you may copy and share your thoughts as well)

So here are the 5 options that you can choose from by each position and what condition you think we are in at this time NOW!

Robocop

Good

Stablized

Serious

Critical

QB's)Both Campbell and Collins should be a pretty good situation,considering what we have seen here at the QB position in recent years...Campbell has yet to find his comfort zone,but is young and very talented.Collins may not have the experience that some career backups have,but has proved he can lead an offense down the field with success with given the protection and time...But now we enter a new ERA in the West Coast offense and a Head coach who is very good at developing QB's as he was once a long time pro himself...Now, he has a very accurate and promising QB in Colt Brennan who will be groomed to hopefully save our BUTTS if we ever need him too...

RB's)Portis and Betts might be considered one of the best 1-2 punches in the league,except we know better than to think we will get credit for that!Some here think Betts should be the starter and the Portis supporters have long laughed at that scenario!Portis is one of the best blocking RB's in the NFL if not THE best...He also was a crazy talented RB in Denver before coming over to the Gibbs system,where he has been successful but not near the dangerous back we got him for!Betts has had issues with putting the football on the ground,but has more than proved his ability to get the needed 3,4 or 5 yards to move the chains...Then there's the ROCK!Not used primarily as the RB so much anymore, as his return duties are more his focus now.However,we have seen the Rock run successfully when the injury bug has bit us and has done some good things...

FB's)Mike Sellers is probably our "human tank"...He runs with power and energy that we love to see from this pile mover of a man!But what makes him most impressive IMO....?Is his ability to hold onto the football for as big as he is and his style of running!His size and quickness can also be used in different formations as a RB,FB or even a TE in certain situations...But when your over 280 lbs,that can do that for ya...His goaline presence can not be overlooked!

WR's)WOW...has this situation changed?We go from injured speedy inconsistent midgets to a very deep solid all around WR core with the inclusion of the 08' draft prospects and a friendly West Coast system that favors the WR's..So if Moss can go back to beating D-backs like Roy Williams,Randel El playing like a "Grizzly Bear" was chasing him,Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas using their size and ceiling to become elite WR's in this league,then there is no reason to think we can't have a top 5 WR unit in all of the NFL!I honestly don't think our opponents know, exactly how better we are with these new additions!

TE's)If Fred Davis is as good as we all hope the front office thought when they selected him,then there is no "sleeping" on this unit...Cooley is automatic when catching the football and making plays and Davis could make our TE unit twice as deadly....Are you serious?Either way...I find it hard to believe that Fred won't be at least significanly better than Todd Yoder,who is actually a pretty good TE as a fill in IMO...There will be some serious mismatches with these two on the field together,let alone just one!

O-Line)When we are healthy up front,then we are a very good unit period!The problem is,it has been a given for 1 of them to go down during the year....Which in the short term has probably cost us a few games for sure with most recent the Seattle playoff game,but in the short term has got guys like Heyer and others some significant playing time!Add Chad Rinehart to the mix and we are a solid unit,but are also starting to get long in the tooth...It will be very important to find some good lineman in these next 2 to 3 seasons as our "dirtbags" will need to be replace with a "clean dirtbag"!But I don't think it's any coincidence that when they start to get hurt,we go on a 3,4 or 5 game losing streak!Keep these guys healthy and it is ridiculous to think we can't win 10 games at a minimum!

D-Line)Carter had a double digit sack season last year and proved he was worth every bit of the coin we gave him...Griffin is a very good DT when he is healthy,which has started to be 50/50 as of recent...Daniels is now the next artifact that "Indiana jones' has to find in his next movie...And Montomery and Golston are 2 guys that dumb Redskin fans think are good and should be starting!Since my membership at Extremeskins,I have been the 1 guy wanting to go after the splashy WR....Or to find that QB we need.....Or to beef up that Secondary....Or to make sure our running game is solid all around....Well now,I'm sick of it!Not only is the D-line the weakest link to our whole team as a unit,it possibly is the worst in the NFL all together...If it was not for Carter,I might say worst all-time...Some think that a Jason Taylor or a Jared Allen (Vikings) or a Julius Peppers or someone of that caliber would make our line AWESOME!...guess what...your wrong...It would make it NFL caliber....A unit that actually might make the QB throw quicker then he wants...A unit that might make the QB think for a split second..."hey...I actually might need to audible"...Fact is....Until we address it to a unit to be at least recognized...We won't be good enough to win the SuperBowl.....If Griffin can stay healthy...(big if)we might just stay at terrible!

LB's)I actually think we are better here than most realize...With a tackling machine in Fletcher,a healthy Marcus Washington who is still a very good player and a recovering Rocky McIntosh provide us with a very good unit...But B.B. Blades was an excellent draft pick up as well...It's hard to grade this unit with all the injuries we have had,but when healthy they are a very quick and excellent tackling unit that persues to the ball!Now.. how our depth grades out in preseason will probably make for an overall grade,but I have no reason to think they won't be very good this season...PLUS...Add in the fact they play behind the worst D-line in football and I might just put every damn one of them in the "Redskins Ring of honor"!Remember a Good D-line doesn't just help the secondary!If these guys can play the way they do with the dog doo-doo in front of them,then they MUST be pretty damn good overall!

CB's)Like the Broncos and their RB's,the Redskins have always been known to have really good CB's in their lineup...Or at least anyone we stick in there can play no matter what....Could someone give this MEMO to Carlos Rogers please?Springs is definately our best,but is getting old....Smoot is my favorite,but boy is he little?(And I thought D.Green was little)But Smoot brings it every game and throws his body to the wolves every game...How most if not ALL of you Redskin fans don't see smoot as the MAN is really beyond me...(as far as CB)I know he sucked in Minnesota (having him play zone :doh:)But he is the best man-to-man cover CB we have IMO(when Springs is out)...!I'm hoping that Justin Tryon is a good one...Cause we will definately need someone to step up when Springs leaves and Carlos disappears from the NFL in a few years...Overall....We need to continue to improve this area,but it could be worse...We could be the Saints and have a "gay" guy back there as our #1...

Safeties)It will be interesting playing our 1st season, with no Sean Taylor and a Sophmore year Landry...I catch myself trying to think of the "other" guy replacing Taylor and it never comes to mind...(even now)seriously!To me...That's not a hole,that's a gaping Black hole if I can't remember his damn name...Sorry Extremers...Thankfully Landry makes me feel a little better,but I'm not totally happy with this situation...Stewart Sweigert is starting to look good right now.Hopefully Kareem Moore will step up and maybe make a name for himself?I would really like to see some competition at the Safety spot...(hopefully a change so I can say and remember the damn guys name...) :cheers: I thought we were still playing with 10 men on the field throughout the rest of the season... :silly: J/K...he filled in OK,but He shouldn't just be given the job,just because he was Taylor successer at the time...There needs to be serious competion there throughout preseason IMO

Kicker)Suisham is ok....Not the best,but we know we have had much worse!Would like to see some competition here as it can only help at this spot!I don't see anyone beating him out this season anyways so...

Punter)I'm going to assume that the "bionic" leg will beat out Frosty...This will prove to be bigger draft pick than we know....And "you don't draft a punter in the 6th round" idiots need to relax a bit....The guy is being tutored by Ray Guy...His personal mentor!There's only 1 punter EVER that was better than Sammy Baugh and his name was Ray Guy...the only Punter in the National Football Hall of Fame!(who was just a Punter)But Sammy still holds the best per year AVG though.... :) So I think I'll take a Punter being trained and groomed by the best Punter that ever lived for a 6th round pick....The same kinda pick we used for Carson Palmers Brother... :doh:If Durant brooks is good enough to hold Ray Guys Jockstrap,then this grade is simple!

After posting,I then realized that Ray Guy is NOT in the HOF yet...My bad!

That post is giving me BBS flashbacks lol.

I'd put our QB situation in the green. Campbell isn't elite but he's in the top 10 or 12 I'd say, Collins proved he could lead us to paloffs, and Brennan has as much upside as any quarterback in that draft.

And I was also going to suggest making Mike Sellers Robocob. Instead, I'll suggest that you make Robocop Mike Sellers. :D

I think you're making our dline situation out to be worse than it actually is. The way I see it, the only piece we're missing that we absolutely need is a player who can collapse the pocket from the inside. Cornelius Griffin used to be able to do that for us but he's been getting killed by injuries as of late.

Also, if you had been paying any attention to our secondary last season you might have realized that Doughty actually played very well at strong safety after Landry was moved to try and fill ST's shoes. NO starting spot should ever be guaranteed but as of right now Doughty has certainly earned the right to be defending his spot as a starter.

And Montomery and Golston are 2 guys that dumb Redskin fans think are good and should be starting!

Yeah, right. That's some quality insight you displayed there lol.

Montgomery was impressive last season, and I hope he continues to improve like he did between his rookie year and his 2nd year. If he does, we've found a long-term starting DT.

Once again, people:

Doughty is NOT playing the same position as Taylor. Sean was a free safety and Reed is playing strong safety. You're doing the same as comparing a defensive end to a defensive tackle; just because they have the same word in the name of the position does NOT make them the same position.

To sum up:

Sean Taylor: Greatest free safety to play the game.

LaRon Landry: Current free safety.

Reed Doughty: Free safety against Dallas ONLY; strong safety the rest of the year.

Yeah, right. That's some quality insight you displayed there lol.

Montgomery was impressive last season, and I hope he continues to improve like he did between his rookie year and his 2nd year. If he does, we've found a long-term starting DT.

TROO!that was such a blanket dumb statement

Golston is a solid run stuffer but offers little pass rush

Montgomery is a good runstuffer but he to offers minimal pass rush but still has upside.

when it came to defending the run against Dallas. we often gave Montgomery the assignment to play over leanord davis and Montgomery often stuffed davis or beat him.Davis is a pro bowl guard known for his runblocking so it's no small feat.

Archived